E3 2010: Warren Spector Epic Mickey Interview

Posted: June 18, 2010
E3 2010: Warren Spector Epic Mickey Interview
Warren Spector, General Manager of Junction Point, talks about 'Disney's Epic Mickey,' trying to elevate Mickey's gaming status, the vast history of Disney animation, and the first appearance of Mickey's half-brother since 1925.

• kikkerman

Wow, the lead on this game is such a Disney buff!! I have a strong feeling that this is going to be an immensely immersive game that sucks you into the world of...wherever that is lol. It's going to be somewhere between Educational, Platform, and RPG.... I can't describe how much I've wanted a truly fun and educational game... I even wanted the History Channel games to work. There's probably some out there that I don't know about. Anyway, I can't wait for this! :D

Posted: July 9, 2010 8:44 AM
    kikkerman
  • Splibo

I cant decide quite yet if this will be good or bad. or if i want it or not... lets wait for a review but its on my option list...

Posted: June 28, 2010 6:56 PM
    Splibo
  • Super_Mambo

Mickey Mouse has a half-brother? His mother must have been a slut.

Posted: June 28, 2010 12:14 PM
    Super_Mambo
  • Viva/Humanity

This should be a solid romp. I'm very much looking forward to seeing all the badass Disney characters that you COULDN'T see in Kingdom Hearts.

ROBIN HOOD FTW!

Posted: June 28, 2010 12:02 PM
  • merivigian

I really want to play this one. The other day while I was looking at my n64 games, I was wondering why they didn't make a mickey adventure game like super mario 64, donkey kong 64, conker's bad fur day, and the other 3rd person adventure games. And then nintendo releases this; I think it will be really really fun.

Posted: June 27, 2010 11:22 AM
    merivigian
  • aduecey

The subject matter for this game is a lot of fun. The lead on it seems to be a true Disney nerd and thats great. A person with that passion should make every effort to elevate this game from being just a mediocre platformer to something special. We can only hope at least.

Posted: June 27, 2010 8:20 AM
    aduecey
  • Connor53

"How can mickey not be the biggest thing in video games?" It has a lot to do with the fact that no one wants to see something made for one purpose made into something completely different. It feels to much like a movie based game. Am I saying that this game will suck? No. But will I buy it? Probably not.

Posted: June 26, 2010 9:05 PM