E3 2010: Goldeneye 007 Interview

Posted: June 17, 2010
E3 2010: Goldeneye 007 Interview
Activision Executive Producer Julian Widdows tells us about 'Goldeneye 007,' an update of the classic shooter. We find out about the new weapons, some of what's changed, and about the attention to Bond-ian detail in the game.

Games in this Video:

GoldenEye 007 (Wii)

• TMW001

Seriosly all this whining and crying and you haven't even played the game its not even in the final stages and yet "Oh boo hoo the graphics aren't to my liking well if you could play it on the 64 you could handle it on the Wii god! like the PS3 and 360 need another FPS game!

Posted: July 23, 2010 6:33 AM
    TMW001
  • deathkid38

Here is a idea i got for Golneneye 007 game should be on other gaming devices

Posted: July 5, 2010 10:25 AM
  • SmokeyThom

This looks dumb... i can't beleive that they used the new idiot, what happened to Pierce Brosnan???!!! and the graphics?... they suck. (although i liked how they converted the killer hat to a game)

Posted: June 30, 2010 2:32 PM
    SmokeyThom
  • SmokeyThom

Posted: June 30, 2010 2:26 PM
    SmokeyThom
  • geodanger26

Daniel Craig is a horrible bond i miss pierce brosnan he was the ultimate bond

Posted: June 30, 2010 1:57 PM
    geodanger26
  • Shadow_ben_jamin

WOW this game is lookin good. Those graphics are pretty good for the Wii. This is going under my Christmas tree. :)

Posted: June 30, 2010 1:51 PM
    Shadow_ben_jamin
  • Theacejoel99

A few months after release it will be ported to 360/PS3 with acceptable visuals and will make at least 20 times more in revenue in its first 20 seconds on store shelves than it will in the months the wii will have a head-start to achieve. Sad SAD true.

Posted: June 30, 2010 1:03 PM
    Theacejoel99
  • Drake498

According to Craig Harris of IGN, "GoldenEye still retains the basics of GoldenEye's story, but retells it in a way that makes sense with Daniel Craig's interpretation of James Bond"... Which includes altered levels and redesigned story...

NOOOOOO All we want added is online multiplayer... I'll plug in my N64... thanks for nothing

/rant

Posted: June 30, 2010 11:07 AM
    Drake498
  • crackingcody

this game looks stupid cause it doesn't even look like the original which was based off the movie. they even used the daniel craig model instead of peirce brosnan that was in the movie. i was originally excited but now with the changes, it looks stupid

Posted: June 30, 2010 11:05 AM
    crackingcody
  • Drake498

The perfect dark release on XBL was exactly what we wanted when we begged for this nostalgia, I dont want Danial Craig or this huge overhaul of a game. Update the resolution and maybe slightly the graphics (like PD on XBL), but I still want that blocky sensation that made it so incredible back in 1997!!

Posted: June 30, 2010 11:02 AM
    Drake498
  • Raiku1991

It doesn't make sense to me... why Wii? yeah, it was on N64... but N64 is not a console for amazing sales, it is not a console for multiplayer... this game was always meant to have either the PSN or XBL services on them... this makes no sense to me... no one even wants a campaign! why not just release it as a classic or an arcade thing like Korrupt and Symicide said

Posted: June 30, 2010 7:48 AM
    Raiku1991
  • Symicide

All I want for this is FULL ON CLASSIC. What I mean is NO perks and heck even NO jumping. I think that the industry doesn't see the fact that if all they did was remake games with current gen graphics and some multiplayer elements we would ALL buy. I would. Give me Black and Star Wars Battlefront. GIVE ME !!!RIVAL SCHOOLS!!! Make a new Star Wars Bounty Hunter, yeah remember that it was awesome. No one can say they wouldn't buy their old games again.

Posted: June 29, 2010 9:51 PM
    Symicide
  • Vesuvian Ast3r1x

Whew the "Never gonna buy it's" "It's crappy looking's" here are THICK. But you're all going to buy it. I understand what you're saying but if this is even 1/8th as good as the juggernaut the N64 produced i'll buy it.

Posted: June 29, 2010 7:58 PM
  • Vesuvian Ast3r1x

Posted: June 29, 2010 7:49 PM
  • Korrupt

Big mistake on making it Wii only! They would have made huge sales on at LEAST an arcade release on the 360 or PS3. No sale for me as i will never buy this nub gaming machine.

Posted: June 29, 2010 6:31 PM
    Korrupt
  • mikeyme626

there better be the karate chop in there as the melee weapon LOL

Posted: June 29, 2010 5:55 PM
    mikeyme626
  • psbox362

Awesome, Oddjob can actually throw his hat in this game.

Posted: June 29, 2010 5:46 PM
    psbox362
  • nikosaruninja

WII???? ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? first they steal the resident evil remakes and wutnot and now they are gonna take this too??? WTF??? GRR i am enraged >=(

Posted: June 29, 2010 5:26 PM
    nikosaruninja
  • nikosaruninja

First Wii takes Resident evil, now this?! this is an outrage!! ugh. i have no words for how terrible this is, and yet, i would get it anyway, JUST for the multiplayer, otherwise i'd stick to the original N64 version peoples.

Posted: June 29, 2010 5:24 PM
    nikosaruninja
  • Cali_Joe

The game looks fun, but what's with the graphics? They really do look like 64 graphics to me, and frankly I don't buy into the party line of "well it's a Wii, the graphics are going to suck." Yes the Wii graphics are head and shoulder's below the other two consoles, but it's capable of better graphics than this. Call of Duty 3 had better graphics on the Wii than this, and it's several year old.

I'll try it out, and if the gameplay warrant's it, I'll probably buy it, because despite my complaining, graphics aren't everything. I just don't understand why they look so bad (even for a Wii game).

Posted: June 29, 2010 12:37 PM