E3 2010: Kudo Tsunoda Talks Microsoft Kinect

Posted: June 22, 2010
E3 2010: Kudo Tsunoda Talks Microsoft Kinect
Creative Director Kudo Tsunoda took the time to tell us more about Kinect from Microsoft, like its fun gameplay, full body motion control and all the fun games available.

• ARTIZZLE

Ok so this is pretty much just like a wii. They r copying Nintendo. Idk if u guys know this, but in the DSI, there is a game u can download could Wario Ware. Did u here how the guy mentioned, "it takes pictures of you while you go through the game", so can u do with Nintendo's Wario Ware. Everybody copied. I am a fanboy of the 360.

Now with sony's new Play station move {PSM}. It is super copying the WII. The controller is like a brother. Except that it has that odd circle at the top. The rates r 4 out of 5. There were 80 pgs of reviews. The kinect sorry i cant tell you it is too new. But lets talk about the similaraties between these two

These consols r for children. I can't really imagine a adult playing this like 24/7. These 2 r not for hardcore gamers. Not even near the range of hard core gaming. If i were you i would not buy any of these. Plain and simple the wii would always be #1.

Microsoft and Sony have to make up their own consols and stop copying other consols. I mean for the kinect, is it really tht hard to just use ur thumbs? I dont want to talk to it. It may be as annoying as the automated services you get when you call companies that are to lazy to talk themselves.

Microsoft + Sony + excersise =FAIL

Posted: November 4, 2010 5:39 PM
    ARTIZZLE
  • chocosquirrel

"I wear my suungalsses at night
    so I can
    so i can see.."

...A gaint douche.

Posted: June 28, 2010 6:06 AM
    chocosquirrel
  • namlived51

Is this guy trying to sell me on Kinect or hook me up with a kilo of coke?

Posted: June 27, 2010 9:03 PM
    namlived51
  • StayPuft

What's up with this guys get up? Is he supposed to be like the "cool gamer" or something?

Posted: June 27, 2010 2:40 PM
    StayPuft
  • Stellos5

I just want them to continue to focus on putting out quality games. The motion capture tech is cool, but I'm not drooling on myself waiting for it. I want to see quality games for the Kinect and not a bunch of mini-games that they try to sell for the full price of a real game like Fable 3, Halo Reach, or Gears of War 3.

Posted: June 27, 2010 11:41 AM
    Stellos5
  • Kill Audio

Is it just me does no one give a crap about this motion control crap?

Other than the companies of course.

Posted: June 27, 2010 10:28 AM
    Kill+Audio
  • JustTheBeginning

I think the Sorcery game for the Move looked very impressive but it being so generic just killed itself. If Sony could only get the tech in killer IP's like God of War, Harry Potter?, Star Wars, etc they could have won us all but they dropped the ball as usual. Just like the launch of the PS3 they rushed themselves and what we get is a weak launch of software. Sure they got LBP2 and KZ3 which is nice but these games need to be built for motion controls, not added to existing games.

In 2-4 years we will probably start to see some great stuff but by then it will be too late and next gen consoles will be arriving which is why I will probably pass.

Posted: June 27, 2010 10:07 AM
    JustTheBeginning
  • Gyrorobo

@apsalus07 - I havent seen any good footage of the playstation wand thing either. I really think the whole motion stuff for both Xbox and PS3 are useless, they need to focus more on the games and consoles first.

Posted: June 27, 2010 8:09 AM
    Gyrorobo
  • Animatorkid

I watched from live demos and it looked like it did indeed have a noticeable lag between movement and response. Course it could have been partly do to the user cause he was being short of an idiot. This is also something that will constantly be patched before release and during the years its on the market.

Games I am somewhat disappointed in, might be alright when my nieces and nephews are over since they are still to young to grasp the controller mechanics, but are at the age where they can easily move and jump to the tv avatars.

150$ for Kinect and with games 60$ for a questionable piece of hardware and average games. They really need to rethink this. Most wont go this route and rather save the $ for games they know will be good, or invest in a Wii..

Posted: June 26, 2010 11:36 AM
    Animatorkid
  • Wrathofsauron

im stil verrrry cautious here. i will probably get it, but * DEFINITELY* not at launch.

Posted: June 26, 2010 9:02 AM
    Wrathofsauron
  • The_US_Assassin

I heard there is a fairly noticeable lag between your actions and what happens on screen... if that true i can see that as a Huge flaw.. it would be really annoying even for the most casual of players.

Posted: June 26, 2010 4:26 AM
    The_US_Assassin
  • Redd75

Are those 'Elton John' sunglasses grafted to his head or something? All I wanna do is slap him.

Posted: June 25, 2010 11:32 PM
  • Redd75

Posted: June 25, 2010 11:18 PM
  • HandzReaper

u do forget many bloggers have played kinect at these stages ts in now and all have said it works fine so far

Posted: June 25, 2010 9:18 PM
    HandzReaper
  • frictionman

would take him more seriously if he didnt look like a dj from the 90's

Posted: June 25, 2010 9:15 PM
    frictionman
  • Holesome

He seems to talk from the heart and really believes in the product. Too many people are always trying to find flaws in people and products.

Posted: June 25, 2010 6:03 PM
    Holesome
  • Liquid Swords

Notice that he didn't try to show you the bottom of an avatar's shoe again at this year's E3.

Posted: June 25, 2010 5:55 PM
    Liquid+Swords
  • Apsalus07

Oh wow this guy is like a walking talking bag of BS. Every time I see him he always downplays the tech and instead focuses on the Kinect possibilities and emotional impacts. However, the only demos of Kinect the public has seen have been HIGHLY HIGHLY SCRIPTED. Frankly I think he's trying to hide the fact that the tech is not working: the on-screen avatars constantly have "seizure-like movements" and the lag is what kills me - you can't play hardcore with such long lag times.

Posted: June 25, 2010 5:15 PM
    Apsalus07
  • Ashley_Si

If they showed a motorcycle racer, a fighter, even a snowboard or skateboard game, then and only then, would this seem in anyway for hardcore gamers.

Posted: June 25, 2010 4:31 PM
    Ashley_Si
  • BlackLable69

Nuff said, now I'll just wait and see how well this actually rates before I buy.

Posted: June 22, 2010 9:06 PM