E3 2010: Twisted Metal Interview with David Jaffe

Posted: June 22, 2010
E3 2010: Twisted Metal Interview with David Jaffe
'Twisted Metal' is back! David Jaffe talks about the new game for the PlayStation 3 and how he's updated the title for the next generation of gamers.

• fryckin_fraggle

hell yeah...it is good to be back sweet tooth. Let's bring the hurt one more time

Posted: July 5, 2010 4:47 AM
    fryckin_fraggle
  • BENonG4

I reeeeeealy hope they update the controls from black. Can anyone tell me what they are? I picked the game up a few days ago and have to move forward with the left analog stick. WTF is up with that?!?!?!

Posted: July 1, 2010 3:28 PM
    BENonG4
  • fuginshmit

Twisted Metal is my favorite series, and David Jaffe and Scott Cambell blew me away in every aspect of the game, mostly gameplay and graphics. The graphics are some of my favorites I love how Twisted Metal's graphics have that Black vibe with the vehicles in how it looks beat up and a bit dark but who gives a #### weather it doesnt have the greatest graphics Twisted Metal doesn't have to look like Gran Terismo 5 and if it did it wouldn't feel like a Twisted Metal game that's what sets it apart from other games is that it aims more towards gameplay then the graphics and thats what I love about this series. It puts the gamer first and the graphics second. And I agree... it looks ####ing beast!!!

Posted: July 1, 2010 2:37 AM
    fuginshmit
  • AbeMonster

this game looks beastly im a 360 fanboy but i might just buy a ps3 just to play this game

Posted: June 30, 2010 12:57 PM
    AbeMonster
  • spicypooptastic

ok how while I do believe gameplay is way more important then graphics. I also have to say, since when has graphics messed with gameplay?

Some of the funnest games I have ever played had great graphics. This game does nothing so special that a game with a good engine couldn't do. I mean last time I checked GTA has driving shooting and explosions and looks awesome.

Posted: June 30, 2010 10:25 AM
    spicypooptastic
  • halophile

Now THAT's an interview. I love the fact that they are not so obsessed with graphics that gameplay suffers. Gameplay first! Way to go Jaffe. He talks a lot about bringing in the new gamers: I think that slowing the cars down a bit is a great idea. The cars felt like such small targets in "black". I hope things are a bit easier to hit in this go round. Also, I think a game that isn't quite as dark will go a long ways.

To me the original controls are still the way I'd prefer to drive. I wish all racers allowed you to use gas and brake on the face buttons, it just feels natural.

Posted: June 29, 2010 8:14 PM