E3 2010 Live: Hands-On Rage Overview Demo

Posted: June 16, 2010
E3 2010 Live: Hands-On Rage Overview Demo
Adam Sessler and Kevin Pereira sit down with Tim Willits, Creative Director of id Software, for a hands on demo of the new shooter, 'Rage' with its new combat mechanism and more.

• Targeted

guys id works side by side with the people who made borderlands and fallout. its ok for it to get inspiration from them.

Posted: January 27, 2011 8:44 PM
    Targeted
  • BeafMaster

I'm a concept artist who's been working in games for the last 5 years. I've worked for big developers including EA and THQ and have also worked for startups, like Id, as well. And all i can say is:

it's nice to see a game where the developers have the luxury and care necessary to create a game with so much originality in environment production. At the same time, after watching this game for 30 seconds it still looks like dire failure. Maybe that's because all games these days look like dire failure. The environments I've been making for THQ right now are very much the opposite of what the developers subscribe to here: texture 1,2,3, etc. But you know what? Your game ALSO looks like dire failure. These environments have a lot of geo, but You know what the environments don't have? They got story, they got gameplay, but they don't have enough to make me think the game isn't a dire failure. This interview is a just a stroke fest and everyone involved in this interview can xyz.

Posted: July 11, 2010 4:10 PM
    BeafMaster
  • BeafMaster

i like boys

Posted: July 11, 2010 4:09 PM
    BeafMaster
  • xKILLurGODx

Looks like borderlands with better graphics.

Posted: July 11, 2010 12:50 PM
    xKILLurGODx
  • akadkinson

This game is a MUST BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: June 25, 2010 11:18 AM
    akadkinson
  • Wrathofsauron

id rather get new vegas... same thing anyway.

Posted: June 20, 2010 9:58 AM
    Wrathofsauron
  • Gel214th

Sooo...has anyone ever heard of Borderlands? Post apocalyptic world. First Person Shooter. Multiple character classes. Missions with Open World type gameplay. Smooth framerate...uhh...anyone? :-)

Posted: June 19, 2010 5:38 PM
  • Thakker

I be geting it! ^^

Posted: June 19, 2010 2:45 AM
    Thakker
  • Thakker

I be geting it! ^^

Posted: June 19, 2010 2:42 AM
    Thakker
  • lowkevmic

Everyone is getting so touchy whenever someone mentions Borderlands. But I have to agree this do look a lot like Borderlands!! Except one it cell shaded and this obviously isn't. It seems like due to Fallout, Borderlands, and a lot more games like it. It's safe to say that this should fall under it's own genre beside your first person shooter with RPG elements. C'mon guys post apocalyptic setting, desert wasteland, mutants and rebel factions, and a bunch of weapons. I'm only looking foward to this game because I love the genre, and it looks awesome. Why don't some studio create a Mad Max video game and get it over with already!!

Posted: June 18, 2010 2:16 PM
    lowkevmic
  • john81575

I've been critical, if not mocking, of the "post-apocalyptic" games (except for Fallout, of course, because I mean, c'mon, it's Fallout), but this looks really good. I take back some of my previous invective towards this game, in particular.

Posted: June 18, 2010 9:44 AM
    john81575
  • Xeridian

BS, The RSX is slower on the PS3 and the BD read speed is slower than preloading the entire game on the 360's HD, so they have to optomize the code as best they can to lock in 60FPS even under those condtions as well as the tools themselves not being as easy to use, so you tell me, if you were a developer who you would rather code for? The end result is the same (for the most part).

Devs look for ease of use to hit projected timelines and the largest install base which is PC then 360 since we all know the Wii can't handle a game of this sort. At least it is coming to Ps3 and has been guaranteed to be 60fps if it kills them so quit yer bitchin'.

Posted: June 18, 2010 3:49 AM
  • JamaicanBeast

One of the best looking games ever. period. but from what i have seen of the game, i cant help asking: is this a better looking borderlands?

Posted: June 17, 2010 10:00 PM
    JamaicanBeast
  • Bugs63

Without a good long test drive it's hard to determine if this game is similar to Borderlands or more like Fallout so on and so forth.... of course I don't remember Borderlands having a cool looking side game in an alley and I didn't see random score numbers spattered on the screen also I'm sure there's a deeper plot line here and more interesting characters.

I've always loved ID games because they put a lot of thought into their games and it's obvious that they really care about what they produce. It's not just a wam-bam game.. If anything reminds me of Borderlands @ E3 it's BulletStorm and even Bulletstorm looks great...

Kudos to the development team, They've proven something that no one else has And that that a game can look as good on an Xbox 360 as it does on a PS3. :)

FYI : I do own all three consoles..

Posted: June 17, 2010 3:42 PM
    Bugs63
  • Slymerz

that one guy looked like sess

Posted: June 17, 2010 3:32 PM
    Slymerz
  • [SAS]McLovin18

THIS IS BORDERLANDS ON STEROIDS TIMES 20 ^_^

Posted: June 17, 2010 1:15 PM
  • [SAS]McLovin18

THIS IS BORDERLANDS ON STEROIDS TIMES 20 ^_^

Posted: June 17, 2010 1:14 PM
  • skadizzle

I saw it on TV in HD and wasn't impressed. I'm sure it looks better in person than being recorded and then broadcast over the air. I looked on this site and it looked worse than the TV but oh well. I have trust in it

Posted: June 17, 2010 11:12 AM
    skadizzle
  • tannerjroll

i am getting this game. no question.

Posted: June 17, 2010 11:10 AM
    tannerjroll
  • spy433

If this game has 4 player online co-op and character customization to a much greater degree than Borderlands, it has the potential to be "the" greatest game in history.

Posted: June 17, 2010 9:25 AM