The MMO Report: Cataclysm Preview Special

Posted: June 17, 2010
The MMO Report: Cataclysm Preview Special

• Irengard

Awesome Special Report show.

Posted: July 31, 2010 11:10 PM
    Irengard
  • Zrow89

with all the stuff being added, I feel kinda bad wishing they'd add (or atleast patch in later) another "hero-class" to give an alternative choice to the DK. Maybe a warden? which i guess would be a mage and hunter/rogue hybrid, where the Dk is a lock/warrior hybrid. just saying lol.

Posted: July 7, 2010 12:53 PM
    Zrow89
  • Regard

Some of you nay sayers truly think some other MMO will topple the juggernaut that is WoW, none of you will understand that a market that endorses a product will keep producing revenue. You can give me or whoever you think deserves it a negative reply, the simple matter of fact is, whichever MMO could even come close to getting subscribers as that of WoW, not only is Blizzard not caring what representation you give, most of those are still paying customers, which still means Blizzard wins out. Even in the remote chance that Blizzard doesn't have the most subscribers, the market share for such a huge MMO are so great that it doesn't matter, you could have 20% of the MMO income in a market and still make out like bandits, which is saying alot since Blizzard are the reigning kings of the MMO market.

Posted: June 26, 2010 2:39 AM
    Regard
  • JILLIOOO

Hi, Here's how to get yourself a free PS3, iPod, wii or even cash!. Just go to - ur freegiftscom It's FREE and has been� researched by the BBC to be absolutely genuine. Simply� go to the site and select the gift you would like or� cash if you prefer. For full info and proof its real� just go to urfree giftscom

Posted: June 24, 2010 10:33 AM
    JILLIOOO
  • Lims

Is it just me, or does Tom Chilton look like Gollum?

Posted: June 24, 2010 5:05 AM
  • Mr.Crow

im really sorry to say but i tried to get into WOW and i loved it for about a month then i just got dull of it. and i love rpg/mmo games really i do. i dont know what it was about it but i just never got into it. that being said this cataclysm thing looks pretty tight but it also looks like something thats for people who have been playing it for the whole time. i mean id love to get back into the game and play this but i have a feeling a level 30 dwarf hunter has no place in the expansion. once again cool expansion but not for me.

p.s. SWTOR.... WOOT....WOOT

Posted: June 23, 2010 6:31 PM
    Mr.Crow
  • MASTER54X

Guys, when the camera is zoomed all the way out, the edge of the light visor blacks out the corner of the frame, giving this sort of looking-through-a-tube feeling. This just always ticks me off when I see it. I've held my tongue for two years. I can't keep waiting for the director of photography to notice this. Just a gripe.
    Now, extend the show to fifteen minutes, and air it on G4. I think you could manage to squeeze the "G4TV Web Shows Power Half-Hour" in-between Cops and the Sexy Abs infomercial.

Posted: June 23, 2010 2:54 PM
    MASTER54X
  • perderedeus

WoW *is* running out of lore. Take a look at some of their most recent offerings... you have Deathwing coming back from vacation (fine), but you also have him resurrecting Nefarian and Onyxia, Ragnaros is back, Cho'gall is being manipulated by C'THUN of all things...

Who will return from the dead next? Maybe Arugal? It would be the, what, third time for him?

I'm pretty much a Blizzard fanboy and I am anxiously awaiting Cataclysm, but even I can admit they're beating a dead horse in some places. Once Deathwing and Queen Azshara are dead, what major villains are left? Sargeras? Another demon-themed expansion? Really? Or maybe ANOTHER Old God?

Posted: June 23, 2010 1:46 PM
    perderedeus
  • Skopper

!!

OMG COFFEE MUG!

Posted: June 23, 2010 1:39 PM
    Skopper
  • Billiooy

Posted: June 23, 2010 7:41 AM
    Billiooy
  • uberman3000

I challenge any of you WoW fanboys ( I was one of you, proudly ) out there to stop playing for 2 months. Don't play any other MMO either. In time you'll come to the same conclusion I did, WoW isn't $15 a month fun anymore. Will TOR or any other MMO kill WoW, of course not. However, I have talked to and read many a blog posts even on Blizzard's that many of us old veterans have quit or will as so as TOR or some other new MMO comes out. Even people that have never played a MMO think TOR is worth playing ( Adam Sessler ). If you wanted to play for the first time and be all up to date with WoW you would need to spend over a $100 and a $15 month fee, its just not worth it any more. These aren't random facts pulled from my butt either.

Posted: June 23, 2010 7:29 AM
    uberman3000
  • FpicEail

SaintV, subscribers are higher than ever. This new expansion with more enjoyable levelling content (most people who try MMO's out will quit at early levels if they dont like it) as well as a WoW movie in the making will only make those numbers higher. The only thing that would make it lower is Blizzard's new MMO, even then it wont necessarily "kill" wow. So please, stop pulling random facts out of your ass.

Posted: June 22, 2010 10:59 PM
  • SaintV

WoW's time has come and gone and this is a desperate try to win players over again but it is too late. Games like The Old Republic and Guild Wars 2 will be 100x better than Blizzard's revamped expansion.

Posted: June 22, 2010 10:23 PM
    SaintV
  • uberman3000

Either way they spin it, it is the same thing with a face lift. Oh wait yeah I forgot if you go around gathering stuff you get more "story content" or more text to skip over. WoW is fun but not $15 a month fun no matter how pretty they make it. Anyway, now wheres my lightsaber......

Posted: June 22, 2010 10:19 PM
    uberman3000
  • uberman3000

.....zzzz......zzzz.....zzzzz. .HUH What?? Something about the same ol thing with a face lift is what I got out of it. No wait he said more "story content" ie more text to skip over. Anyway, now where did I put my lightsaber?

Posted: June 22, 2010 10:18 PM
    uberman3000
  • uberman3000

Posted: June 22, 2010 10:16 PM
    uberman3000
  • uberman3000

Posted: June 22, 2010 10:09 PM
    uberman3000
  • romanAK47

love wow, can't wait for this expansion. WOW might be old but numbers don't lie. some of u peopel r little cry baby bitches.

Posted: June 22, 2010 6:12 PM
    romanAK47
  • AlmightyCow

There's no question that WoW is a great game. Unfortunately, this is going to be the final expansion, mark my words. They're re-doing the old world to give the game a final 'hurrah' and hope it'll be enough to get a few more years out of it. They've already said that they're working on a new MMO as we all sit here and read these comments. I mean, they took Mike Morhaime off of WoW and put him on the new MMO to try and re-create the sucess of WoW.

Sorry guys, this is it for WoW. I'd bet money that they'll be announcing their secret MMO at this year's Blizzcon and schedule a release in a few years when Cata has run it's course.

It'11 be sad to see WoW step down, I'm been playing since launch day, but can you imagine what their new MMO will be after learning everything from WoW? Now THAT'S something to get excited about.

Posted: June 22, 2010 5:56 PM
    AlmightyCow
  • Molo2366

World of Warcraft.

Blizzard killed the "Warcraft" part of "World of Warcraft" by introducing flying mounts and Arena. World PvP is dead & people only AFK in battlegrounds to get their welfare epics.

Recently, Blizzard killed the "World" part of "World of Warcraft" by introducing the dungeon finder & being able to queue for battlegrounds from anywhere. You can level from 15-80 by just sitting next to your class trainer by leveling up in battlegrounds and dungeons!

That leaves us with "of" ... What?

Posted: June 22, 2010 5:16 PM