Fresh Ink Online: Nemesis, Echo, Secret Six

Posted: June 11, 2010
Fresh Ink Online: Nemesis, Echo, Secret Six
Blair Butler reviews comics Avengers Academy, Rawhide Kid: The Sensational Seven, Heralds, Batman, Dream Logic, X-Men: Xenogenesis, G.I. Joe: Cobra, Echo, Secret Six and Nemesis.

• MasterOfUniverse777

You are the hottest, most intelligent Geek Goddess ever...You look better & better each day. Keep up the great work lady & best wishes 4 the future. You rock!!!!

Posted: June 19, 2010 11:11 PM
  • Miguel2099

Dear Blair,
    I was wondering, since you know more about the industry, how do writers and artists know which series to continue if they have multiple projects? I ask because Warren Ellis has Supergod, Captain Swing, and Wolfskin that he doesn't seem to continue on. I would like to know if he plans on continuing all of them.

Posted: June 18, 2010 7:07 PM
    Miguel2099
  • Meethos666

Hey Blair. I was wondering if you could review the fables series. (if you haven't already)

Posted: June 15, 2010 6:12 AM
  • boydevious3

hey blair when are we going to get info on the Mattel Comic-con exclusives. On purchasing and where to purchase ????

Posted: June 13, 2010 6:51 PM
    boydevious3
  • Pizawle

Delighted you have returned to the mantle Blair. It was a huge week. Picked up 18 issues myself!

Am surprised you did not mention Young Allies considering you enjoy teen heroes so much. Thought that was better than Academy.

But Blair, how could you not mention another beautiful issue of Daytripper?!

Posted: June 13, 2010 3:09 PM
    Pizawle
  • longbowhunter

It really was a BIG week for comics. Some great ones you forgot to metion; Invincible Iron Man #27, PunisherMAX #8 and Ultimate Avengers2 #3. It seemed to me all of these titles are at their boiling point. Meaning some great big throwdowns are on the way. Really hyped to see Tony and Rhodey take on Detroit Steel. And what will be the fate of our beloved MAX Bullseye....death probably?

Posted: June 12, 2010 8:59 AM
    longbowhunter
  • creepshark

I'm definitely excited about Nemesis. It makes me giggle like a school girl.

Posted: June 11, 2010 10:07 PM
    creepshark
  • RandyMercer

I don't know how Blair would feel about it but can she get like 10 extra minutes on these podcasts? I enjoy her views on comics. Like 15-20minutes would be great.

Posted: June 11, 2010 6:15 PM
    RandyMercer
  • droovi

Whoo. It's been a couple weeks since we've had a proper Fresh Ink episode. Glad to again receive your comic book guidance.
    Any predictions for UFC 115? You should totally have your own mma web show.

Posted: June 11, 2010 6:03 PM
    droovi
  • kayleefan

Thanks for the reviews Blair! Missed you!!!

Secret Six is amazing! #22 was a blast and almost made me throw up. In a good way. :)

Any chance you'll get out to some other Comic-cons this summer?
    *cough* WizardWorld Chicago *cough*

Have fun at E3!

@SDJCNE

Posted: June 11, 2010 5:22 PM
    kayleefan
  • Vinzter

Glad you're back, Blair.

Too bad I won't be seeing the segments you mentioed on "AOTS" unless they're posted here. I can abide that program no longer...Munn makes me want to push icepicks in my ears.

And, holy Crap, that "Thor" thing last week with whoever that was...a waste of perfectly good drive space. We need to get that thing off of the interwebs to make room for a cute kitten video or something.

I enjoyed "Avengers Academy" although I almost didn't pick it up...I was not a fan of "Initiative," so I was going to pass...glad I didn't. (heh heh...I didn't know Reptil was a real character outside of "The Marvel Super Hero Squad.")

And I thought SURE that you'd mention "The Bulletproof Coffin," even though it was a last weeker.

Please try not to skip weeks, even if it's just a five minute cast. We need you.

Posted: June 11, 2010 3:13 PM
    Vinzter
  • BonDaddy

I think this week whould have been all about the previous three weeks where no issues were discussed. Next week should have been about this week and next week.....But....you'll be at E3. So, that doesn't work either. How about 2 episodes a week. One focusing on issues, the second focusing on Graphic novels or gues appearances or E3 or ComicCon. Yeah. Two eps a week.

Posted: June 11, 2010 2:35 PM
    BonDaddy
  • WildfireFox

Made a small mistake in this vid, yo. You put up the 'Spoiler Alert' splashy instead of the Pick of the Week splashy. But... you're forgiven. This is still the best thing on all of G4tv.com

Posted: June 11, 2010 2:20 PM