Green Day: Rock Band Authenticity Developer Diary

Posted: June 9, 2010
Green Day: Rock Band Authenticity Developer Diary
Green Day: Rock Band has gone to great lengths to portray the rock trio from their early days to their mega pop-rock status of today. Watch the developers explain how they tracked the archaeology of the bands persona.

• bsod83

rock band = trash. Beatles = Junk. Green Day + Rock Band - Everything else = awesomness.

Posted: June 10, 2010 5:41 AM
    bsod83
  • Socko76

I think the game is fantastic and Green Day is a great choice as they are the only modern band with a long enough history to make a game. This is purely a game for Green Day fans and is not meant for non fans. Complaining bout this game when you don't like the band is like complaining about Final Fantasy if you don't like RPGs: you are not the audience!

I have to say that I love Rock Band's way of doing band centric editions as they just focus on the band and not other artists "Inspired by" the band. Both Beatles and Green Day Rock Bands are fantastic for fans of these great bands.

BTW: Who doesn't like the Beatles?

Posted: June 10, 2010 4:40 AM
    Socko76
  • SuperCartman

Dudes its a game, they want to make money, stop whinning and dont buy the game. If you have a problem with the game, get off your ass, get a marketing or management degree and join harmonix, or ea, or mtv games and inform them that a bang that has sold 50 million cd's worldwide isn't worth making a game over. And dude that said where is Jason White, I completely agree, the Trio has to stop giving him the shaft, he has been to essential to them for the last ten years.

Posted: June 9, 2010 4:06 PM
    SuperCartman
  • Spinoza

I don't like being the hater, but I think it is absurd to give Greenday their own Rockband game. I'm not going to get into an argument over whether their music is good or not, because that doesn't really matter; however the fact stands that the first band-centered Rockband game was with the Beatles, and they sure as hell had a much bigger cultural impact than Greenday could even dream of.

If Harmonix was smart they would have done a Greenday Rockband way before doing something with the Beatles. I mean, how can you follow up a game about one of the bands that defined hippie counter-culture with a game centered on Greenday? There are tons of cultural and genre defining bands outside of Greenday they could have chosen, I'm really confused as to why they would pick a band that has made so little of an impact in the books of musical history.

If they didn't want their Rockband games to really focus on historically important music they should not have done a Beatles game first. I think they set too high of a standard and now they aren't even trying to match it.

Posted: June 9, 2010 3:45 PM
    Spinoza
  • austin43

I played the green day rock band demo. I don't know what felt different about it but it seemed like the notes were at a shallower angle, making it hard to play as I'm used to rock band 2. Also, Green Day is a mediocre band in my opinion...Then again I don't much care for the Beatles either.

Posted: June 9, 2010 3:44 PM
    austin43
  • gravy666

My only complaints are that the band doesn't move around enough, and Jason White is MIA.

Posted: June 9, 2010 3:33 PM
    gravy666
  • pigeye

Green Day Rockband is a thousand times better than Lego rockband. It's about time a modern band to make a game out of.

Posted: June 9, 2010 3:29 PM
    pigeye
  • xRITE AIDEx

HMX is doing the right thing with this, its a great game RB3 will be excellent! cant wait for E3 though

Posted: June 9, 2010 2:52 PM
    xRITE+AIDEx
  • KillerShadow117

I don't think that these one band games do so well. I can't help myself so please try not to hate, First!

Posted: June 9, 2010 2:46 PM