E3 Preview with Adam Sessler

Posted: June 9, 2010
E3 Preview with Adam Sessler

E3 2010 is less than a week away! X-Play's Adam Sessler and Kevin Pereira run down the big announcements that the gaming industry are expected to make, from new peripherals like Project Natal and highly anticipated titles like Call of Duty: Black Ops, LittleBigPlanet 2 and Zelda!

• applebook

3D as a free bonus throw-in is cool, but I am not paying extra for it. Also, motion control has its place for certain games, but I would still prefer a mouse for shooting. For taking baseball swings, pitching, shooting a puck, and a basketball, good and accurate (i.e. NOT the Wii) would be king.

Posted: June 14, 2010 9:26 PM
    applebook
  • bgtwins15

i am really sick of hearing about 3d and motion capture. 3D doesn't really help with films so why should it help gamers and the only thing that would interest me for motion control is if it ended up being like gamer where you have a big shooting game like that. I don't care about going bowling or playing dodgeball on my console. If i want to do that i will go out in the real world and do it. Get it together gaming companies.

Posted: June 13, 2010 11:23 AM
    bgtwins15
  • TehUltatimate1

I think the DS set the bar pretty high, its gonna take more than 3D to change that

Posted: June 13, 2010 11:10 AM
    TehUltatimate1
  • chilejonx

cause and effect merivigian.haha.sony saw how well the wii did. now they want to give it a try. i totally agree wit u though.i think they should focus on making better games. i say leave the motion control to kids.

Posted: June 11, 2010 10:53 AM
  • merivigian

I'm sorry but playstation move is a slap in the face rip off of the Wii. I hope Sony doesn't try to compete with Microsoft by comparing the sales of Move and Natal. I think if there is a household that has a ps3 and a wii, they won't buy Move. But if there is also an xbox in there, like my family, I think Natal would be worth the buy POSSIBLY. But take the ball off of the playstation controller and its literally a black wiimote.

Posted: June 10, 2010 5:07 PM
    merivigian
  • b1abbermouth64

Awesome! Thanks for your help and I look forward to watching them!

Posted: June 10, 2010 2:06 PM
    b1abbermouth64
  • Moye

Yes, press conferences will be streamed live on our site.

Posted: June 10, 2010 1:21 PM
    Moye
  • Ra3000

LOL! Like i care about motion controls; the silver lining about this is that we won't have to throw down another $400+ for a new console.

Posted: June 10, 2010 1:39 AM
    Ra3000
  • Mr_Darling

i got cable just for this! 29 buck is gona totally be worth it...it'd better be...

Posted: June 10, 2010 1:13 AM
    Mr_Darling
  • BlackLable69

Cant wait

Posted: June 10, 2010 12:12 AM
    BlackLable69
  • darkspectre

This motion control craze is just a fad. Just like Rock Band/Guitar Hero, it's gonna fade out. Same thing with 3D HDTVs and those God-awful glasses. Just more things to waste your money on...

Posted: June 9, 2010 11:08 PM
    darkspectre
  • hailme786

I'm really hoping that the 3DS is more than 3D. If Nintendo wants to continue being the best in the hand-held market, the 3DS will have to make heads turn. And they will need more than 3D on the DS to do that.

Posted: June 9, 2010 8:53 PM
    hailme786
  • b1abbermouth64

Are you guys going to be streaming the press confrences live?

Posted: June 9, 2010 8:41 PM