Apple Experts' Thoughts on iPhone 4

Posted: June 8, 2010
Apple Experts' Thoughts on iPhone 4

Steve Jobs announced the iPhone 4 at yesterday's WWDC 2010. Chris Hardwick asks tech experts and Apple fans to weigh in on their thoughts about the conference, the specs of the new iPhone 4 and more.

Don't miss Kevin Pereira's discussion over the new iPhone 4 specs with Engadget's Joshua Topolsky on The Loop!

• Mithos23

Bashing At&T is such a geek trend. They are not the best service in the world but i have never dropped a call or had a problem with my wireless signal. Just because there is such iPhone envy and you cant have something you want you throw a tantrum.Grow up.

Posted: June 13, 2010 9:36 AM
    Mithos23
  • Zorn84

Lol I can't believe people still put up with AT&T's crap network just to think they look cool and say they have an iphone. Why not have awesome service from Verizon or even Sprint and get an Android phone thats even better. Idiots.

Posted: June 11, 2010 9:38 PM
    Zorn84
  • Raiders15

I do everything with my iPhone, it is the most useful jack-of-all-trades tool I own. I could not go without it and the new one looks visually stunning, the better screen and video chat is awesome! I love the iPhone I have had one version of every generation since the have come out. And have put up with AT&T for too long. With the new iPhone 4 it makes me wish and pray they will include a different 3G radio in this one and that I can buy it and port it over to T-mobile (or one that is hackable enough to get it off their network and still have all of the feature intact). I cannot for the life of me figure out why Apple would continue their evil unholy union with AT&T
    At&t is the worst service provider, I get so many dropped calls still! The area I am living was announced for 3G roll-out within 2009! Well it is now June 2010 the year is almost half over thanks again AT&T. Now the clowns in charge of corporate decisions beat the networks to the punch in raising rates for extra expense of 4G towers and they don't even have any?! I heard Verizon was going to raise their rate because of LTE and kill unlimited net service but why did AT&T??? Money grubbing CEO's and Shareholder's is what I think they could not dream of cutting into their profit margin and giving back to the consumers like us that have put up with poor service and let down after let down. I complained to the corporate office of AT&T about the lack of 3G or any other announcements regarding the non-implementation of their upgrade.They told me buy a mini 3G tower (not a true cell tower merely a signal converter) in a few month and then I would have 3G at home, I told the intelligent person(cough cough) I have Wi-fi already I could make a clearer SKYPE call than a cellular call at home so that would not help and I have a home phone! The excuse was then about a down economy, HA tell me about you raised your rate for network service if I want tethering an option that should come free! Sorry but they are nickel and dimeing me to death with rate changes and fees for services.

HTC EVO is looking better and better to me unfortunately. It comes down to service, and with that you can entice a lot of people with shiny new fancy phones but in 3 months when the new wears off, you will be upset about how your old phone worked better and cost less per month for what you pay a cellular phone company to do for you and that is to make clear voice cellular calls with having to call back 6 times in 3 minutes, have data timed out and connection errors, voice-mail that shows up the next day!

Posted: June 9, 2010 8:42 PM
  • TheApproximation

Well looks I will be getting the iphone 4 in two weeks time. In the UK the iphone is on 3 out of 5 of the networks over here. It sucks that AT&T is the only carrier and on top of that they are rubbish apparently. Before anyone asks their is no HTC evo 4G because the UK ain't getting 4G for a while. We do have the desire and legend though. They are awesome phones but the App store is the linchpin for me and the hd video is intriguing. Have to admit that I will miss my HTC Touch HD :(.

Posted: June 9, 2010 2:11 AM
    TheApproximation
  • yourmomhasAusername

can't you just jailbreak it and not use at&t....idk im not a scientist

Posted: June 9, 2010 1:51 AM
  • Darkpuppy

Still no IR so still no universality and still no easy (good) way to hook up to a TV. With such a great (small) screen it would have been fantastic to be able to push that out to the TV. This is where the phones have to head if they want to be that total all round device, take the place of the remote control and even the DVD player. Although I can say getting a call in the middle of the movie will be even more annoying.

Posted: June 9, 2010 1:00 AM
    Darkpuppy
  • furiousgeorge

Looks pretty cool, but I'm dropping my iPhone service becuase I'm sick of AT&T. Half the time I can't even get a signal, when I do it's running on the edge network and not the 3G network. Hopefully the Evo 4G works better.

Posted: June 8, 2010 10:38 PM
    furiousgeorge
  • Abominable_Pirate

@darkspectre - You can only do Face Time over Wi-Fi. So the AT&T network won't be involvedI don't think Verizon could handle Face Time either.

Posted: June 8, 2010 10:29 PM
    Abominable_Pirate
  • archy2frank

HTC EVO 4G!!!!!!

Posted: June 8, 2010 10:20 PM
    archy2frank
  • darkspectre

If AT&T can't handle calls now, how much more for the FaceTime video chat? With audio AND video being sent back and forth, I highly doubt AT&T's network can handle all that traffic? No thanks, I'll stay with Verizon.

Posted: June 8, 2010 9:56 PM
    darkspectre
  • myNando

What do I think? I think I need to test one out before deciding AND wait until I hear from people with it and see how the phone connection with AT&T fares.

It's either this or Sprint's Evo.

Posted: June 8, 2010 6:47 PM