Apple's New iPhone 4 Specs

Posted: June 7, 2010
Apple's New iPhone 4 Specs

Kevin Pereira talks to Joshua Topolsky, Editor in Chief for Engadget, about the new iPhone from Apple WWDC 2010 and how the conference lived up to all of the rumors.

• jeffj6

I made a music video using only my iphone and the imovie app

http://www.youtube.com/watch ?v=7RbL3rcFiSk

Posted: August 21, 2010 1:56 AM
  • kenny_num_nums

if apple sold these at a loss and made the money off the apps this could be a great tool for all instead of a luxury item for the better off.

Posted: June 14, 2010 7:38 AM
    kenny_num_nums
  • lowkevmic

@jaytrauma-Yeah they have the money to switch their signal, but that means all of their phones that was specifically made to that system won't be compatitiable with their new network. Also besides the switch to the network, Verizon wasn't willing to go through all those changes for one phone. AT&T makes absolutley nothing of the sales of those phones, that's all Apple money, they even get a percentage off their Data packages as well. Not only that, Verizon was already in talks with Android for an exclusive deal at the time of the Iphone, so there was really no benefits from a Verizon Iphone at the time.

Posted: June 11, 2010 11:05 AM
    lowkevmic
  • fghjd

Recommend good website

http://www.jordaner.com 40%discount

We Supply.A ir J ordan Shoes .Professional J ordan
    Safe Payment.Paypal
    Fast Shipment.5-7 days you can receive your order product
    No min order request.You can order only one product
    F ree S hipping.The price on our website are including everything.

Let me introduce CHAOYUE. CHAOYUE is CHINA registered company, we are located in CHINA and Australia, website is

Jordaner,Inc. We are the best online dealer,about all kinds of jordan.run retailing and wholesale trade wordwidely for years. F ree S hipping And Customs,Super Sale Off Retailing,With 1Week Delivery to your door.

Thank you for your support.

Posted: June 10, 2010 9:12 PM
    fghjd
  • JessieUnlucky13

i jsut see it as a joke, Those who have the cash for it go for it, but there are too many highschool kids doing everything to get one now. But i still find the whole bar discovery funny!

Posted: June 10, 2010 7:06 PM
  • jaytrauma

@ssprague3: I know what you are talking about in regards to Verizon, networks, etc. What I'm saying is from comments made by many of my friends who have the iPhone, and have made personnel comments about the AT&T network. As for Verizon and the signal, trust me, that company has more than enough money to change whatever they would need to run the iPhone. I have two friends who work for Verizon in management at the corporate level. They both tell me mixed stories. If Verizon ever gets the iPhone I'll be first in line to buy one!

Posted: June 10, 2010 5:28 PM
    jaytrauma
  • Mjtny73

ill get one...once i find a jailbreak!!

Posted: June 10, 2010 4:11 AM
    Mjtny73
  • anomaluigi

The EVO 4G design is sloppy and clunky. It looks like a swiss army knife with that stupid kickstand. I hate the user interface too. All these other smart phones don't even come close to iphone's elegance and simplicity of use. They all try to emulate it, but none can replicate it.

Posted: June 9, 2010 11:00 PM
    anomaluigi
  • Jamesified

For everyone hating on At&t and why the Iphone is still on it.

Apple signed a 5 yr contract with at&t in 2007. Wait until 2012 for your verizon iphone.

Posted: June 9, 2010 7:17 PM
    Jamesified
  • ssprague3

@jaytrauma: Verizon was offered the exclusive contract before AT&T, but they denied because they thought it wouldn't make any money at all or be popular. Verizon's network cannot support the iPhone's frequency, so they'd have to either pay Apple to build one for them or spend money to update their network. AT&T keeps them there cause Apple asks them. Plus AT&T is the only one (other than Terrible Mobile) that can support it's frequency.

I look at all these bashing comments and you all sound ridiculous! Do some research before Google spamming. :)

Posted: June 9, 2010 6:12 PM
    ssprague3
  • tsnyder700

Everyone seems to be hating on the new iPhone. I guess its not as what everyone wanted.

Posted: June 9, 2010 5:34 PM
  • nixon45jm

Apple fan boys bash other phone companies for not having features from 10 years ago but the truth this device is doing the same thing as other phones out there, cause they just added multitasking other phones been doing that for 3-4 years now(Nokia)even though symbian suck. The n8 is coming out soon and this has great specs lets see which 1 people will like more in online reviews not to mention g4's.

Posted: June 9, 2010 2:46 PM
    nixon45jm
  • jaytrauma

The only thing that stops me from getting an iPhone is that I refuse to change over to AT&T's crap ass network. AT&T must be doing something to Apple to keep them within their network. I can not believe that Apple is happy with the coverage that AT&T provides them. Why isn't,(maybe they are) Verizon throwing cash at Apple to get them into their network. I've heard from friends who have the iPhone, and they have said that AT&T's network coverage is the biggest draw back. I guess we will have to continue to wait to see how this plays out.

Posted: June 9, 2010 11:05 AM
    jaytrauma
  • lowkevmic

@xJavonta-If you're laughing at your friends who can't get their Androids to work the features properly, maybe it's because they don't know how to use it. I have a Droid, and I have never had a problem using it, I also have a Ipod touch, which is a Iphone minus the phone. The Iphone is a great product, but so is the Droid. Which won more awards last year then when the iphone was first released. I get that Apple drones will defend Apple to the death, but lets be honest here, the Iphone is great but not perfect...No product is.

Posted: June 9, 2010 8:29 AM
    lowkevmic
  • lowkevmic

Everyone is arguing over the ability of the iphone and Apple products, which no one is complaining about(well at least not me anyways). What I don't like about Apple is how they will come out with an awesome product that has very simple things missing form the final product. Consumers will complaing about the obvious, then six months later Apple will release another version of the same product, now with just a few more of the things we asked for. Which forces the consumer to play this game of I have to spend the same money for the same product more than once a year.

Posted: June 9, 2010 8:23 AM
    lowkevmic
  • deafwing

ya you'll need an iEye update to see pixels again ... lol

Posted: June 9, 2010 4:15 AM
    deafwing
  • xJavonta

Oh and this network issue had NOTHING to do with AT&T. He was using WiFi, which is different from 3G. And everyone knows that if you have too many WiFi enabled components running on the same network in the same location, speed decreases DRASTICALLY. Admittedly though, AT&T does suck. But you can't blame Apple for going with AT&T. That way they make more money, and if you were running Apple, you would do the same. So take a look from a different perspective sometimes instead of being a hypocritical douchebag.

Posted: June 9, 2010 1:32 AM
    xJavonta
  • xJavonta

What really irritates me is to see how people hate on the success and brilliance of Apple. Sure, they aren't the first to incorporate a 5 MP camera on a phone, but I'm sure that they are the first to make it look good instead of some half-assed picture a standard 3 MP point-and-shoot could take. Apple has spent time fine tuning their products instead of rushing out and releasing a product that has all of the specs and features, but doesn't have the software to put it to good use (looking at you, Android.) My friends with Android phones brag about all the things their phones can do, but I laugh as I watch them struggle to get these "features" to work properly. Apple may not be the first to do everything, but when they do something, they do it damn well. So go ahead and flame me and call me an Apple fanboy. It just further shows the arrogance and stupidity of the people on the internet.

Posted: June 9, 2010 1:27 AM