Fresh Ink Online: Graphic Novels Part 2

Posted: May 28, 2010
Fresh Ink Online: Graphic Novels Part 2
Fresh Ink Online host Blair Butler unleashes Part 2 of her Graphic Novel reviews: Sweet Tooth, Other Lives, The Unwritten, The Year of Loving Dangerously, and Viking: The Long Cold Fire.

• bonniegrrl

Over-sized Viking carnage IS hot!

Posted: June 11, 2010 6:09 PM
    bonniegrrl
  • c-roland

Blair, you are truely, wierdly awsome.

Posted: June 2, 2010 8:41 AM
    c-roland
  • ErronSF

Blair, once again an awesome show! Love the reviews, you're always on point. been turned on to so many great books. Thanks!!

Posted: May 31, 2010 11:40 AM
    ErronSF
  • ads_show

is there n e one else to give comic news besides BLAIR BUTLER NE1 NE1 ne1else

Posted: May 30, 2010 10:28 PM
    ads_show
  • Thundrone

Blair still no love for Robert Kirkman's Invincible : The Ultimate Collection Vol 5. ( Really good ) But really all of Kirkman's stuff is excellent. (The Walking dead , Marvel Zombies)

Posted: May 29, 2010 5:07 PM
    Thundrone
  • Fan4G4

My oh my Miss Butler, I do declare. Perhaps you would like to peruse my Absolute Authority editions? First print Sandman hardcovers then. :)

Posted: May 29, 2010 2:47 PM
    Fan4G4
  • Fan4G4

Posted: May 29, 2010 2:40 PM
    Fan4G4
  • longbowhunter

Just bought and read Sweet Tooth. FANTASTIC! Not only is this a great story but its really nice to look at as well. After reading a panel I'd linger on the page to just study a character's expression or the background. Priced at just $10 there is no reason to not pick this up!

Posted: May 29, 2010 2:31 PM
    longbowhunter
  • Fan4G4

Posted: May 29, 2010 2:28 PM
    Fan4G4
  • Keyboardczar

series*

Posted: May 28, 2010 10:47 PM
    Keyboardczar
  • Keyboardczar

The Unwritten is a great serious. The artist does a great job as well as the writer. I wonder which comic Blair likes more. Northlanders or Viking?

Posted: May 28, 2010 10:46 PM
    Keyboardczar
  • Pizawle

Damn Blair. Damn.

Posted: May 28, 2010 9:25 PM
    Pizawle
  • Chalons

Hi, Blair.
    Thanks for another bunch of great selections for my graphic novel wishlists. I got the first volume of the Killer last week and will be coming back for more.
    I'm looking forward to the return of your review of the week's comics.
    Although I can't say that you missed much this week!
    I know that it's a series that you haven't been reviewing on your podcast, but the New Krypton storyline came to a really disappointing end this week.
    I've followed this arc from the start and had a lot of fun with it.
    But the last ish of War of the Superman just kinda fizzled away.
    It seemed like they were rushing to hit the reset button.
    Sorry to be griping!

Posted: May 28, 2010 6:53 PM
    Chalons
  • Chalons

Hi, Blair.
    I'm looking forward to the return of your review of the week's comics.
    Although I can't say that you missed much this week!
    I've followed this arc from the start and had a lot of fun with it.
    But the last ish of War of the Superman just kinda fizzled away.
    It seemed like they were rushing to hit the reset button.
    Sorry to be griping!

Posted: May 28, 2010 6:50 PM
    Chalons
  • Chalons

Hi, Blair.
    I'm looking forward to the return of your review of the week's comics.
    Although I can't say that you missed much this week!
    I've followed this arc from the start and had a lot of fun with it.
    But the last ish of War of the Superman just kinda fizzled away.
    It seemed like they were rushing to hit the reset button.
    Sorry to be griping!

Posted: May 28, 2010 6:46 PM
    Chalons
  • longbowhunter

That Viking book is really rad. I'm seriously gonna' consider picking that up. Sweet Tooth is also something I've wanted to checkout. With the price of comics going up all the time I've had to resort to picking up alot of series in trades. The Year of Loving Dangerously sounded good until you said the word hipster. I hate encountering hipsters in public, but in comics their almost worse. If I flip through one more indie book and see a bearded face, wind swept hair and skinny jeans I'm gonna' cut out my own eyes!

Posted: May 28, 2010 4:16 PM
    longbowhunter
  • Zer01

I don't know about the rest of you, but I think Blair's copy of Viking may have a couple of pages stuck together.

Posted: May 28, 2010 1:15 PM
    Zer01
  • BonDaddy

The hottest Graphic Novel this week: Wednesday Comics! If you thought Blair had a rough time with Vikings, she's gonna need an extra oxygen tank on hand when she cracks that open!

Posted: May 28, 2010 12:53 PM