Talkabout: Super Mario Galaxy 2

Posted: May 25, 2010
Talkabout: Super Mario Galaxy 2
Andrew Pfister and Adam Sessler go way in-depth about Super Mario Galaxy 2 for the Nintendo Wii.

• JJBro 1

is there a way to subscribe to this on itunes? Talkabout should be in the itunes feed.

Posted: May 26, 2010 11:04 PM
    JJBro+1
  • Lawrence123

I guess I am the minority in the gaming world . I used to love Nintendo and all of there first party games , but I guess I'm just not that type of gamer anymore . I cant play games just because there nostalgic to me or because they were responsible for the industry and if not for them many titles of today would not be here . I tried to play werewolf Zelda but did not like it , I tried to play Galaxy Mario 1 but just could not get into it , they just feels like kids game now and I know I will get flack for that but I just don't get all giddy for a Nintendo game anymore . And its not the graphics I could care less about that I still play the old Legend of Zelda on my NES from time to time and even Duck Hunt . I guess I have evolved not only as a person but as a gamer as well. I want games that have a much more serious tone . The thing is I know when it happen , I know what game that changed my whole out look as a gamer . The first time I saw a Resident Evil 4 commercial I could not believe my eyes , I just kept saying to myself , ''this is not a game this is a animated movie'' . when I got the game home it was like nothing I have ever played before in a 3rd person shooter . 1 year before that game came out Ninja Gaiden for the xbox1 was released and blew me away , it had the best gameplay in a hack 'n' slash . Both game were super hard and did not have a difficulty setting . Those two games changed how I play games and what I look for in a game today . If a game is too simple or just to cute and cuddly then its not for me , Give me Demon's Ssouls or Fallout 3 on very hard mode and I'm a happy gamer

Posted: May 26, 2010 4:44 PM
    Lawrence123
  • RickAstin

I don't usually watch the talkabouts....though I liked this one...gives more insight on the written review...

hooray?

Posted: May 26, 2010 4:13 PM
    RickAstin
  • Warden626

As trite as games like SMG2 may seem to some in this HD and *sigh* soon to be 3D console generation they undeniably have a place in the industry. More than just being amazing fan service and trips to nostalgic childhood memories capable platformers with familiar characters are some of the best introductory games for new players. The general ease of entry then gradual progression allow newcomers to develop skill and feel a sense of accomplishment at a much higher pace than say a story driven RPG.

The simple fact of the matter is regardless of how one may personally feel, Mario is synonymous with video games and having him star in one of this quality, polish, and above all fun is only a good thing. They allow people to enjoy themselves, they provide near instant gratification, and they don't ask for hours of effort to get something done in what some might already consider a time sink. The truth is games are about making people feel happy to have taken part in them and if that concept goes over your head I think you need to reconsider your choice in hobbies.

Posted: May 26, 2010 3:22 PM
    Warden626
  • zenmastersamuraimonk

best platformer ever

Posted: May 26, 2010 1:55 PM
    zenmastersamuraimonk
  • NoBodysGamer

Stupid childrens game, how infantile one have to be to play Mario?
    I played my share of mario when i was a kid, but now when im 30, i wouldn't touch it with a 3 foot stick

Posted: May 26, 2010 1:16 PM
    NoBodysGamer
  • darkheart709

The Galaxy 2 has, as of now, passed Ocarina of Time in best reviewed game of all time on gamerankings.com

http://www.gamerankings.com/ browse.html?site=&cat=0&am p;year=0&numrev=4&sort =0&letter=&search=

unbelievable

Posted: May 26, 2010 12:33 PM
    darkheart709
  • SteveKB

Must Get Today! That store Better Not be sold out!!1 @__@

Posted: May 26, 2010 11:50 AM
    SteveKB
  • HardcoreTyler

I mean thanks Andrew, apparently I'm slightly too tired to post comments properly

Posted: May 26, 2010 11:29 AM
    HardcoreTyler
  • HardcoreTyler

Excellent discussion Adam & Andrew. I was skeptical about all of the praises about Mario Galaxy 2, though not specifically from G4. Since it's a Mario game I'm going to play it either way though, so I decided to pick up the game. I haven't played it yet (thanks to a busy weekend and Blur being release), but with opening the package and looking at the cover and instruction manual I'm already losing my skepticism. Super Mario World was the first game I ever owned, thought not the first one I played and it seems even the box and instruction manual have captured the magic of receiving a SNES and Super Mario World.

Thanks for the great review Adam, you guys & gals at G4 are some of the few I can trust for valid opinions on gaming anymore.

Posted: May 26, 2010 11:27 AM
    HardcoreTyler
  • AKAslayer101

Whoever is playing the game in the video is terrible lol.

Posted: May 26, 2010 11:22 AM