Feedback -- Alan Wake and Call of Duty: Black Ops

Posted: May 19, 2010
Feedback -- Alan Wake and Call of Duty: Black Ops
This week's episode of Feedback dives into new Call of Duty: Black Ops details, Capcom's reluctance to work with Western developers, rumors of a premium PSN, and Game of the Week: Alan Wake.

Games in this Video:

Alan Wake (Xbox 360)

• miva2

i like it how you mention deadly premonition in like every feedback xD
    another great episode, keep them coming.

Posted: May 28, 2010 4:30 PM
    miva2
  • Adampro123

well i don't want any spoilers for lost so i guess i'll be skipping this episode of feedback.

Posted: May 26, 2010 10:04 AM
    Adampro123
  • cabob

Please keep up the industry talk. That's the whole reason I watch/listen to Feedback. As a journalism student, it is a major plus as well, as writing about the game industry would be a dream job and Feedback is a good place to learn the ins and outs.

Posted: May 25, 2010 10:46 PM
    cabob
  • Adiorocks949

You did good leading Feedback Patrick!
    Sessler should be gone more often.
    LOST FTW.

Posted: May 25, 2010 6:02 PM
    Adiorocks949
  • Adiorocks949

You did good leading Feedback Patrick!
    Sessler should be gone more often.
    LOST FTW.

Posted: May 25, 2010 5:59 PM
    Adiorocks949
  • Father_Time89

I haven't seen the feedback just yet but the preview said when story could save games.

I would like to add when the story is unique and presented well.

I own a game called Twisted Metal Black and the story absolutely floored me. Long story short a guy called Calypso is looking in an insane asylum for contestants for his to-the-death car combat contest. The winner gets something their hearts desire, like for instance one of them gets to go back in time and try to undo a mistake and some of them get revenge.

The back stories and motivations behind their desires absolutely glued me to the set as well as what they eventually got. Those stories introduced me to me to really dark storylines (I was young and it's an old game) and to me at least the gameplay as an afterthought. Playing it again the gameplay seems dated and a tad stale but the stories still seem original. So I keep it around.

Posted: May 25, 2010 12:24 AM
    Father_Time89
  • Radmire

This feedback gets a 6.5 on the broseph scale, could've used more fist-pumping.

Posted: May 24, 2010 8:51 PM
    Radmire
  • MythicMayhem

On a side note, I am very sad to see that the PC will not see Alan Wake in the foreseeable future, while it is understandable because the team behind AW consisted of around fifty people. Microsoft has been slacking off on the PC gaming side this generation. While I am sure that the publishers are going to stick to the standard "piracy" response, I don't think they realize that a majority of game piracy takes place on gaming platforms such as the Xbox 360, realistically anyone and their mother could hack a 360 and pirate console games, and even enjoy the online elements of the games without the hassles of finding outside servers, or dealing with CD keys. The PC market is dreaded as a horrible platform to release any game, when the good majority of PC users will buy their games through a retailer as opposed to pirating. statistically speaking, yes PC users do pirate much more, but the majority of pirating on the PC is actually media based, I.E. movies, TV shows, and music.

Posted: May 24, 2010 3:23 PM
    MythicMayhem
  • GiantN64

Story is equal to gameplay. The story is what compels someone to play (most of the time) and is the interior of the car and scenery of a long road trip, while mechanics and gameplay are the engine that gets you through the story.

Posted: May 24, 2010 11:19 AM
    GiantN64
  • jc18378

http://callofdutyzombies.com/f orum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t= 373
    Info about black ops, check it out its awesome

Posted: May 24, 2010 6:20 AM
    jc18378
  • DamionF

Adam, You are missed!

Posted: May 24, 2010 4:05 AM
  • ZeroKadaver

Although the server story for Modern Warfare 2 was pretty big it overshadowed a lot of problems with the matchmaking like search adjustments (local vs locale) that were there but were taken out for the game's new matchmaking system. Every shooter to date had it and losing the ability to wait longer to be dropped into a good lobby with lots of good connections (though not many knew about it) is worse in some cases.

Posted: May 23, 2010 1:14 PM
    ZeroKadaver
  • mrtalldude17

I just got done watching it and I came to a conclusion. Patrick should never host it. He takes over the show. I think Abbie should host 1 week. What does everybody think about that?

Posted: May 23, 2010 8:56 AM
    mrtalldude17
  • mrtalldude17

Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy??????????? ?????

Posted: May 23, 2010 8:47 AM
    mrtalldude17
  • GiHubb

Hey my comment was referenced on the show! Oh the shock when my silly nick appeared! :)

Anyway, I did finish Alan Wake and it indeed took me about 15 hours in total. I am a capable gamer so I didn't die much but I did read all the manuscripts, listened to all the radio segments and watched all the tv shows. This is also a testament to the game - I usually skip these kind of additions but I really enjoyed the story and appreciated the additional depth. I enjoyed the game a whole lot and my personal score is 5 out of 5. Even though it isn't a perfect game, the pros outweigh the cons by a large margin. It was an enjoyable, fun and spooky ride. Bring on the sequel!

And finally, Abbie - make me a baby! ;)

Posted: May 23, 2010 4:48 AM
    GiHubb
  • Sage_Sakyia

I thought for sure the person who plays the voice of John Marston in RDR was the same one who did Johnny in Lost & the Dammed, sounds so much like him, I saw someone else point that out also somewhere. However, after looking in the back of the booklet of TLaD/BoGT, his name is Scott Hill, the guy that plays the voice of John Marston is Rod Wiethoff, hmmph.. Here I was thinking they did a good job by using his voice (from TLaD) for this, goes very well, but it's not him, lol.

Posted: May 23, 2010 3:33 AM
    Sage_Sakyia
  • fkain23

asome they have bein droping mats name alot

Posted: May 22, 2010 10:45 PM
    fkain23
  • Darkreaper1

Pretty good was hoping for more in red dead but I think I will give it a try, Alan wake as well.

Posted: May 22, 2010 3:09 PM
    Darkreaper1
  • mariquwa

I played Marc Echo: 'Getting up'... by the end i thought it was okay... but was still a horrible game, nice parts but still just bad

Posted: May 22, 2010 11:57 AM
    mariquwa
  • balss248

little angry over the fact that we over at callofdutyzombies, had no agnowledge about the gknova6 stuff(the viral for black ops).

Posted: May 22, 2010 10:47 AM