Halo: Reach Beta Impressions

Posted: May 12, 2010
Halo: Reach Beta Impressions
The Halo: Reach Beta is in full swing and X-Play is finally ready to deliver our thoughts. Find out what we like about this pre-release version of Halo: Reach including the jet pack and Headhunter mode as we give our impressions of Halo: Reach.

• pinoyplaya4life

Oh man. I cant wait. Just looking forward to the coop online multiplayer game.

Posted: July 8, 2010 11:30 PM
    pinoyplaya4life
  • Cathartic Denoument

OMG..I LOVE the new Invasion & Generator Defense gametypes!!

But Stockpile & Headhunters in �n�X!u6 SWORDBASE was just complete & utter GARBAGE.
    NEVER play those two gametypes on THAT map.
    It just doesn't work, especially the way Swordbase is designed.
    Generator Defense would totally work better, as a gametype in Swordbase, than the other two.

Posted: May 18, 2010 9:29 PM
    Cathartic+Denoument
  • Whyte_Boi_901

I love the game per beta, and I would really like to see Halo get out of the Red vs Blue thing its old and wore out. They want to claim we have control over our appearence but yet whatever upgrade you choose for your armor and colors you wont see them in team play. I guess if aint broke dont fix it right.

Posted: May 14, 2010 7:01 AM
    Whyte_Boi_901
  • Mrdc55

It was definitely worth buying ODST for.

Posted: May 14, 2010 1:10 AM
    Mrdc55
  • imDraxx

I enjoy the beta and eagerly awaiting to get my hands on my Legendary Edition; however, there are some key aspects of this game that could use a bit tweaking as some people have already said.

Other than that can't wait to see how Reach comes out on the final release.

Posted: May 14, 2010 1:08 AM
    imDraxx
  • RedCapcom

I Like The Beta, But i hope that change the power of the grenades and make the other weapons a little stronger and people be abusing the armor lock and the people who the jetpacks always be in the air, they be afraid to fight you face to face and that take the fun out of the game a little and invasion i don't like that their be teams of two instead of one team. I still getting Halo:Reach Legendery Edition.

Posted: May 13, 2010 10:13 PM
    RedCapcom
  • Komodo

Same old tired sniper rifle sound. Ugh, I never want to pick that thing up again.

Posted: May 13, 2010 10:04 PM
    Komodo
  • spiralking04

Not bad for a beta. Increase the stopping power of weapons, maybe tweak the armor lock. Atleast they are on the right track.

Posted: May 13, 2010 7:36 PM
    spiralking04
  • Androidz24

So I have playing Invasion lately and I just don't feel that it is that epic of a battle. For one it is very tough for the elites to win an actual game, out of the many times I have played Invasion I have only one once as the covenant. They also need to extend the time in between each objective, it seems like you never have enough time to do anything, which ends the battle fairly quickly. The thing that bothered me the most though, was that there are soo little people on the biggest multiplayer map bungie has ever built?!? Where is my big epic battle?!?! Other than that the reach beta has been quite fun.

Oooh and the DMR is soo underpowered!!

Posted: May 13, 2010 7:31 PM
    Androidz24
  • xfightlikagirlx

the criedt systems is screwed up it seems you get more when you lose a match then if you win

Posted: May 13, 2010 6:05 PM
    xfightlikagirlx
  • unionjack891

First i havent played the beta but i watched some footage on youtube and this my opinion.
    The AR is a little too short ranged and could use a little more "kick".
    The armour lock is abused but isnt hard to counter.
    The sprint ability shouldnt be classified as an ability it should be a basic attribute seing as your a supersoldier.
    The multiplayer size should be larger like 24
    Whats the point of armour if it doesnt give you some protection from bullets.
    Where is the SMG?!?!?!?
    Whats with the "loadout" bs a loadout should consist of different weapons.

I dont own a deathbox anymore.

Posted: May 13, 2010 4:58 PM
    unionjack891
  • blankknight

First @ DKBomber13 the melee isn't over powered its just quicker then in halo 3. but i agree it needs to be changed.
    second. all the alien weapons are good as they are but when i shoot the dmr or ar i feel like im shooting a pea shooter at someone. they need to make all human weapons, except rockets, pistole, and shotgun all are good as they are.
    bloom is all well and good but when I sit there and actually try to master it and someone walks up and just unloads on me getting a lucky head shot, i get a little..... discouraged.
    the bad thing is bungie has pretty much said the hell with makeing dmr more powerfull so to those of you who hindered buying the game on that aspect. close your wallets and walk away. other then that even being what morgan called a halo junkie i will have fun with reach, but am dissapointed that reach is more noob friendly then it should.
    almost forgot YES grenades are a bit over powered and need desperate change.

Posted: May 13, 2010 3:47 PM
    blankknight
  • lowkevmic

IDK, a lot of people complain about the matchmaking and the people on there are too good. But that's how you get better at the game. No one should be able to just hop in and be a master of the head shot!! It doesn't hurt to take a few head shots, and have someone sneak up on you for a few hundred rounds before you start to earn your keep!! That how everyone learned how to get good at Halo!! But besides that, the grenades are too powerful, and the whole armor lock thing blows, when someone is abusing it!! But Halo Reach is epic!!

Posted: May 13, 2010 3:47 PM
    lowkevmic
  • DKBomber13

i hate how the melee is four times better than the guns. If i guy get the first hit on you in melee. You have no chance to survive. Melee is still over powered.

Posted: May 13, 2010 3:28 PM
    DKBomber13
  • smooth_trooper

Please explain how a steel knife can go through 1 1/2 inches of MJOLNIR armor when a burst from an AR can't?

Posted: May 13, 2010 3:13 PM
    smooth_trooper
  • wh0urdady

i always thought halo was to slow paced...

Posted: May 13, 2010 2:32 PM
    wh0urdady
  • The_US_Assassin

Grenades are awesome! they help balance the weak weapons.. like the Pistol.

Posted: May 13, 2010 2:03 PM
    The_US_Assassin
  • Carnasis

My thoughts on the Reach Beta

-Grendes too powerful

-Pistol,AR,DMR,Needle Rifle,Focus Rifle, Pro-Tube, Plasma rifle are all too weak, especially in comparison to the grenade power

-Graphics are great!

-Credit system is a little screwed up(Victory Bonuses too small e.t.c)

-Armor Lock is pretty cheap i believe you should be only be able to use it once per cooldown and you cannot cancel it while it runs the entire duration( instead of you being able to trigger it multiple times per cooldown)

-Hit Boxes a tad bit off

-Active camo is iffy.

-Vehicles are too weak and die farr to easily

-Banshee controls arent easy to use, they need to revert back to the Halo CE controls

-Reticule bloom is fine as long as they increase weapon damage( by the time i fire all my shots to kill someone with the DMR + the pause inbetween each shot, the enemy has already run off)

Posted: May 13, 2010 1:56 PM
    Carnasis
  • boohoodman

this game looks like it sucks

Posted: May 13, 2010 1:48 PM
    boohoodman
  • leakime

Loving Reach so far. My only complaints are the grenades are too powerful, I find the focus rifle to underpowered and the jetpack is overused by the noobs.

Posted: May 13, 2010 1:41 PM