Halo: Reach Multiplayer Beta Invasion Map: Boneyard Gameplay

Posted: May 7, 2010
Halo: Reach Multiplayer Beta Invasion Map: Boneyard Gameplay
Bungie made the first Invasion map, Boneyard, live today and we couldn't wait to jump into some direct-feed of Elites vs. Spartan gameplay. All eyes on the data core and fight to get your objective!

• Jemuzu

I think bungie played it out to be this BIG game type and it wasn't really. Every game I played was over really quick. I always ended up as Elites and we basically just charged in, killed people, and captured the points. When I first played I was thinking "Yea we won, now for the next part!"...Round over..."What?! But Bungie said their'd be three different portions to the game...oh wait...there was the first point capture...then the second...then the artifact...THATS IT!?!?" What I mean is I was expecting something WAY bigger with the hype they were giving. I'm a big Bungie fan but this kinda disappointed me. I was expecting something like Battlefield where its a WAY bigger event. I mean, you JUST get all the armor abilities and you only get to fight for another 2 minutes before your team gets the arifact into the Phantom. And the reward for winning is minor points...you'd be better off playing Slayer for the time spent. I just didn't have that much fun with it. And I LOVE Conquest/war games! I don't know...make it bigger, make it longer, make it last.

Posted: June 4, 2010 5:06 PM
    Jemuzu
  • Cathartic Denoument

Thank God!
    I've been WAITING for Invasion!
    Its WAYYY better than Stockpile.

LoL @ the warthog turret camping & the Betrayal @ the end of the vid.

Posted: May 11, 2010 12:08 PM
    Cathartic+Denoument
  • Darthjacob22

The biggest problem I have with Invasion is with the spawn times and locations. The other problem I have is that Elites only have to conquer one point to move on to the next step, even though there are two points to capture. All points should have be captured before they have the opportunity to move on.

Posted: May 10, 2010 3:41 PM
    Darthjacob22
  • rayken15

I think it has a lot of potential. But right now the spawn times are messed up. They need to make it so you can spawn on your teammate in combat... or not spawn on him at all. The weapons feel imbalanced. The player count feels low for size of the map. The vehicles feel useless and delicate.
    This mode should feel like an epic battle, but it feels like a slow (and sometimes boring) skirmish.

Posted: May 10, 2010 10:51 AM
    rayken15
  • ur2ez2me

The hell are you talking about "the spawn points need work"!? They ripped the spawning system straight from bad company, (which if you didn't know yes you can spawn on an ally location) which is ALMOST the best spawning system ever created!1!

Posted: May 10, 2010 8:42 AM
    ur2ez2me
  • Evimaki

Love this game mode, I prefer it way over the grab bag right now, cause frankly everyone chooses team SWAT and I suck at it. I do like the fact that the Elites are forced to move farther, as they are actually tougher and faster than the Spartans. Sorta balances the gameplay.
    @dzunepwnsipod Actually, the Spartans don't always win, I just played a few games the other night and the covenant won all of em. And yes, they need more armor abilities, like an ability that summons little healing nano-bots that heal EVERYONE thats in the AOE, that would make the game even more hectic as injured players battle over the last healing remnants of a nano-bot dispersion. :D Post your ideas for new armor abilities here, lets see what we can come up with.

Posted: May 10, 2010 4:56 AM
    Evimaki
  • dzunepwnsipod

This game-mode is awesome if a little lop-sided. Spartans always win. If you played this map and lost Its a sure fire bet that you were an Elite.I like the slowly unlockable "classes" that you receive through out the game. My favorite foe the Elites is the "Ranger". and for the Spartans its the "Grenadier". I hope that Bungi will release more armor abilities. like maybe one that heals teammates next to you, ammo replenish, enemy visor disruptor, wall walking, or a very short overshield... but w/e they're just some thoughts.

Posted: May 9, 2010 5:13 PM
  • Sivart017

I have been on the ride of the halo franchise since Halo 1. The evolution of halo has definitely come a long way with halo reach. The greatest thing is that this is only BETA. The game will get better with retail release! And who knows what hidden treasures Bungie is holding for retail. from halo 1,2, and 3 Halo Wars and ODST, Halo Reach will also be turned in my Xbox until the Xbox gives me the RRoD.

Posted: May 9, 2010 1:30 PM
    Sivart017
  • TrggaMan

I really enjoy this game type, it's the first time when I'm playing a sort of big team variant, and i don't feel like i have to do a ton of carrying lesser skilled players because each type of player serves a purpose. Those lesser players can be trying to slay and distract opponents from the objective and assist the more skilled players in defending or attacking the objectives while providing support to them. In previous Halo games, this wasn't really the case. If a single skilled player was matched up with a team of not so skilled players in a big team game type, there was really no way for that person to shine because Halo plays better when you play as a team and not everyone go run around and do their own thing. In Reach, doing your own thing during Invasion is helping the team regardless of what it is because you are all working toward the same objective at each phase.

Posted: May 9, 2010 9:35 AM
    TrggaMan
  • MielikkisChosen

Invasion Slayer is awesome. A lot of fun. Unfortunately, you only play it once in a while because everyone picks regular Invasion just about every time. Can't stand regular...such a waste of time.

Posted: May 9, 2010 8:58 AM
    MielikkisChosen
  • GreedyMcNasty

Yep! The same old thing with new load outs. I have played it with friends for the last couple of days. It feels like Halo3, odst, and now reach is Halo 3.5

I am glad I got a chance to play the beta now I know for sure that the game is intended for teen players and again it is geared toward what the PRO's want.

I think the boys down at bungie are just too afraid to take there game just a few steps forward. If you want to compete with MW2 your going to need blood and body parts flying all over. I say hold onto your 65.00 and pick up GEARS 3.

I still think Halo 2 was the best game bungie made. It's been down hill from then on. I have already purchased Halo3 with 640p graphics why in the world would I want to do it again and again and again?

Posted: May 9, 2010 2:37 AM
    GreedyMcNasty
  • awi5951

oh really is it mindless not as mindless as all the multiplayer games on ps3 with people with no mics that use no strategy .

Posted: May 8, 2010 10:07 PM
    awi5951
  • unfungames

Halo players just want to play TDM. Coming up with game modes like this is pointless. It's a mindless game. That's not an insult...that's just how it is.

Posted: May 8, 2010 3:32 PM
    unfungames
  • DaGreedyKing

Look Halo 3 oops i mean Reach

Posted: May 8, 2010 1:07 PM
    DaGreedyKing
  • Aerindel_Prime

The first part of the elite side is actually my favorite. It reminds me of all the WWII games that have you storming normandy beach. If you know how to roll its really not that hard to get beneath the ship.

My wish list for invasion would include more players and more heavy weapons for the elites.

The vehicles seem pointless and are just a distraction to the objectives. Some turrets in key locations would be welcome though.

Posted: May 8, 2010 11:10 AM
    Aerindel_Prime
  • Green With Evil

the spawn point in the middle was probably the worst because you damage yourself trying to get down from there plus the rounds are way to short to get anything accomplished

Posted: May 8, 2010 10:35 AM
  • M6000

I thought playing as the elites sucked they only have the roll as a armor ability which isn't very helpful and I don't think something like that should even be an ability they should just be able to do it. they also have the ability to got invisible which is the most useless of the spartans abilities. all in all the elites sux

Posted: May 8, 2010 6:29 AM
    M6000
  • autobotninja27

I played it for 2 hours. i liked it. the only complaint is the re spawn times, and having to go up hill as an elite. other then that it's fun play.

Posted: May 7, 2010 9:25 PM
    autobotninja27
  • NUKEMANN1995

idk y im watching this vid, im gonna go play it now for myself

Posted: May 7, 2010 7:26 PM
    NUKEMANN1995
  • Scalfer1

i think this has been a pretty good mode/map. however spawns need alot of reworking to them, and i personally think that the first phase of invasion where elites hav to run towards the high ground can get pretty gay, but overall id say the beta so far has been 5 invisible Spartans... out of 5.

Posted: May 7, 2010 7:06 PM