Feedback -- Halo: Reach Beta And Activision + Bungie Lovefest Edition

Posted: May 5, 2010
Feedback -- Halo: Reach Beta And Activision + Bungie Lovefest Edition
Thanks for making so much news lately, Activision! Adam Sessler, Andrew Pfister, J.P. Shub, Abbie Heppe and Patrick Klepek head into the studio to discuss this massive partnership, the Halo: Reach beta and much, much more.

• Cathartic Denoument

Just recently watched this Feedback episode.

Hahah; I DON'T have a Wii..and getting the Black Wii Bundle would be a cool prospect.
    But then again, since we're nearing the end of it's 5-year cycle [with November 19, 2011, being the exact end] (& I currently don't have enough money to burn on a 2nd console), I think I'll just wait for the next Nintendo console to come out & hope that it has Backward Compatibility, so I can get the handful of gems that came out on the Wii.
    If not, then I'll probably just borrow a friend's Wii & rent those handful of Wii games, then return 'em once I've finished. (=
    ----------
    And yeahh..I COMPLETELY agree with JP; I CANNOT go back to Halo 3 after playing Halo Reach (Halo ODST, maybe, but def. not 3). It was THAT huge of a leap between the 2 games, in terms of gameplay style & controls. You just get used to the Armor Abilities, and the fact that the button layout is remapped (for 4 of the buttons, anyway).
    ----------
    I take it this episode was filmed when Hurley came to AOTS? LoL

Posted: June 10, 2010 12:57 PM
    Cathartic+Denoument
  • TheDopeLife

Keep up the good work. and Forget the wii. even if it is black i aint buying one.

Posted: June 3, 2010 8:01 PM
    TheDopeLife
  • firecloud42

I don't have a Wii...and when I do get one, I most likely get a Black one

Posted: May 24, 2010 11:47 AM
    firecloud42
  • firecloud42

yeah World at War had a Beta...at least for the PC anyway

Posted: May 24, 2010 11:43 AM
    firecloud42
  • ninjamatt52

On the when will you stop playing games question, a kotaku writer, I think it was Tim Rogers, wrote an article about a divorce causing him to quit video games. He's since relearned how to enjoy games again, but it took him several years to get back into gaming. He left to report on E3 and when he came back, he found his wife missing and a note saying that she left permanently. He then associated his gaming habit with that event, like "video games destroyed my marriage. If I hadn't gone to E3, I would have been with her and she wouldn't have left." So, Video Games being related to a traumatic event could impede your ability to enjoy games. Games, from then on, make you sad or depressed. 'Cause they remind you of the tragic event, so you start to avoid them. Or maybe a MMO RPG addiction went too far and destroyed your life, or an aspect of it. You, from then on, avoid games for fear of getting addicted again. So it is possible. But I would probably have to be in a coma or on my death bed to stop completely.

Posted: May 17, 2010 9:48 PM
    ninjamatt52
  • D10078

I have just gotten myself a Nintendo Wii Black edition with motion plus. I originally skipped the system because of the kid aimed software. But now, I got it to take the place of the Gamecube and look for some good games. Adam asked for research studies I'm one!

Posted: May 17, 2010 5:11 PM
    D10078
  • epicopter

None of these idiots have ever played Fallout 1 or 2, I like the comment "I played the first one for like 100hours I'm so excited" and he was talking about Fallout 3... Then they go on to say that they might not trust Obsidian with the project? You don't trust the people who orginally made Fallout? Fallout 3 will be a blight on the franchise once people see what Obsidian does with it.

Posted: May 14, 2010 9:08 AM
    epicopter
  • aurora_born_93

Yeah!!! Where is the new Feedback??!! How long does it take to upload it?? Don't they release it every wensday?

Posted: May 12, 2010 3:53 PM
    aurora_born_93
  • Sovs

Where's the new one? Its been a week...

Posted: May 12, 2010 3:32 PM
    Sovs
  • Gamersound

Something that would be really nice to see from a large company like activision, with as many partners as they do, would be a new "franchise". When I heard them say Treyarch must keep the COD frachise going I was a little disapointed, I think gaming as whole would progress if companies knew where to stop with their series' and maybe back something very risky and inovative, although inovation is hard to find since it takes a lot of thought to and work($) to come up with a brand new inovation. Bungie and activision have this opportunity and it would be great for both the companies if they took advantage of their partnership and made something that blew our mids in ways that didnt seem possible.

Posted: May 11, 2010 10:04 PM
  • FALL3N_Her0

Great show everyone at G4! Feedback and Sessler's Soapboxes make keep me coming to this site and I finally created a account to contribute.

I never owned a Wii with how much I invest in my 360 and last year I obtained a PS3 a a low price of $300 from my cousin who barley touched the poor girl. I waited for a black wii since I was familiar with Nintendo's history to re-release the same product in a different skin. What I didn't account for was how long it would take until they would release the damn thing. Missed out on some great titles that I hope to pick up in the future. My new dillema is a bit more personal though. My cousin(brother to who sold me the PS3) has offered his Wii to me for $100 so he can get a black wii but I'm wondering if I should accept his offer or cough up another Benjamin for a different paint job, motion plus, and 2 games that will be fun for the whole family and for when non-gaming company is over.

Does anyone else find the control scheme frustrating when they started Reach and just save themselves the trouble and use the Recon configuration instead?

Posted: May 11, 2010 7:22 PM
  • Lifevsdeath006

i am getting a black because ever else i own is back

Posted: May 11, 2010 5:53 PM
  • aurora_born_93

Little Big Planet 2 FTW!!!!!!!!

Posted: May 11, 2010 3:12 PM
    aurora_born_93
  • aurora_born_93

I'm just hoping that they talk about Little Big Planet 2 in the next Feedback. This game is just as important and just as groundbreaking as any news that has to do with Bungie or Activision. The new tools are just what players needed in order to create TRUELY immersive levels. I'm not saying that it was Media Molecule's fault for not having included them in the first game since they needed to see how other players would react when they had to create their levels. But most importantly, i hope they give us a better way to decorate our pods or to control rockets. (These were to the two aspects of LBP that bothered me the most) Either way I just hope they go over this in the next Feedback!!!

Posted: May 11, 2010 3:12 PM
    aurora_born_93
  • CrazedGamer79

I wonder what they will come up with?

blizzard+activision+bungie=? ??

they can come up with something rly insane

Posted: May 11, 2010 1:57 PM
    CrazedGamer79
  • djboogymonster

I don't have a Wii, but I am planning on buying a black Wii, Not just for the color its just happens to come at a time when my oldest kid is able to understand video games (age 5), but the color is sort of the tipping point for me. It will look great with my ps3 fat and my Xbox Elite (also black).

Posted: May 11, 2010 9:57 AM
    djboogymonster
  • THExxGAMINGxxMESIAH

....i love halo 3 period i got a beta code from aots and i think i cried a bit when i first plaied it:-) PS OMFG E3..E3..E3...E3 I MIGHT BE GOING TO ...E3 TELL ME IM NOT DREAMING PLS TELL ME

Posted: May 11, 2010 9:26 AM
    THExxGAMINGxxMESIAH
  • Normandy_SR3

Halo will never be multiplatform because is owned by MS not Bungie.343Industries are the one who are now in charge of the Halo frinchise and they are created and owned by MS.

Posted: May 10, 2010 10:54 PM
    Normandy_SR3
  • xsingularityx

HAHAHAHA HALO....

p.s. Why are Abbies eyes so watery?

Posted: May 10, 2010 4:11 PM