Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes Preview

Posted: May 4, 2010
Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes Preview
Hiroyuki Kobayashi from Capcom gives you a preview of the upcoming multiplatform game Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes. Find out about the game's storyline, gameplay mechanics, characters and more in this X-Play preview.

• SnowsongWolf

It's a shame it's so hard to find. I happened across it in a local GameStop by chance. As I'm a fan of the anime (or as much of it as they've released in the US), I absolutely love this. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise; this is Dynasty Warriors. Just with Japanese characters that I have SO much more fun with. You have to smile just a little playing a guy who fights with 6 swords at once.

Posted: July 31, 2011 9:24 PM
    SnowsongWolf
  • Zanza336

I recommend this game to anyone who's into the Hack n' Slash genre! In all honesty, I prefer this than Dynasty Warriors, and I've been a huge Dynasty Warriors fan for many years. Although you only get 15 characters to choose from, each one is very unique with their own skill sets and special moves. Unlike in Dynasty warriors, your just mashing the same buttons over and over. However, although its still a similar concept in Sengoku Basara, you can combo different moves and use different skills in the middle of combo to get a higher score and not to mention nab lots and lots of Zenny. For instance, if you play as Yukimura Sanada, you can start with a standard combo, then go into a rapid spear jab, immediately into an uppercut and following again with another rapid spear attack as you fall back down which can easily nab you you a 500 hit combo easy! Also, when doing each person's story mode, the re-playability is very high, because once you beat the game, you can go back and do a second route which unlocks a different ending for the characters or even a third route for a third ending! Also, the weapon customization is very easy to understand. You'll be able to use different equip items like more health or attack and even one's where you can play the theme song while in battle! Like I said before, I recommend this game to anyone who's into Hack n' Slash or for people who are tired of Dynasty Warriors and want a fresh game to try. My overall score, 4.5 out of 5 X3

Posted: November 13, 2010 7:20 AM
    Zanza336
  • Animegamer04

Dude This game totally kicks ass!! IGN did such an terrible review for something they probably did not play!! Seriously if you need to do an review play the game!! This game kicks ass!!

Posted: October 13, 2010 4:46 PM
    Animegamer04
  • lowkevmic

I never played Devil Kings, but this game looks pretty good!! I was always into the Dynasty Warriors franchise, basically because how simple the gameplay was!! You run around a map, killing everything in sight. It got a little repetitive after a while. But this game looks like it added some elements that may keep me playing!! I'm looking forward to this game. But like GatsuBlackSword said, only if it comes out as a budget title.

Posted: May 7, 2010 8:23 AM
    lowkevmic
  • NelTu

do want! it looks really fun

Posted: May 7, 2010 8:22 AM
    NelTu
  • amaya_alice

cool, i've been waiting for this. I love the anime. can't wait to play it XD

Posted: May 6, 2010 9:18 PM
    amaya_alice
  • zenmastersamuraimonk

the voice actors are awesome i think i heard johnny young bosch and the voice of gaara. if its good ill get it for wii.

Posted: May 6, 2010 6:53 PM
    zenmastersamuraimonk
  • NeoBlaze22

I've seen the anime, its pretty good. devil kings was garbage mostly because i was comparing it to Samurai Warriors. cant wait to try it

Posted: May 6, 2010 5:44 PM
    NeoBlaze22
  • darkdeath174

well there's also the anime for Sengoku Basara which funimation is bring out this year so that might help them out some

Posted: May 6, 2010 5:02 PM
    darkdeath174
  • GatsuBlackSword

So This Is A Sequel To Devil Kings... I Bought That Game For $3 Like 2 Years Ago; It Was Garbage. If This Comes Out As A Budget Title I'll Consider Picking It Up.

Posted: May 6, 2010 4:52 PM