Extended Halo: Reach Multiplayer Beta Overview

Posted: April 26, 2010
Extended Halo: Reach Multiplayer Beta Overview
Bungie walks you through what to expect on May 3rd when the Halo: Reach multiplayer beta is activated. Plus, the feedback they hope to get from the beta.

• torrtotte

wow thats blood gulch from halo combat evolved maybe i am right that halo reach is like combat evolved and if it is like combat evolved...ill love bungie 2 times more

Posted: July 11, 2010 6:26 AM
    torrtotte
  • Cathartic Denoument

They need to fix Cloaking.
    Take out the Radar Jammer..at least for your own radar..
    ..and you should stay completely invisible regardless of motion, especially since there's a recharge/time limit on it.

Posted: May 5, 2010 2:33 AM
    Cathartic+Denoument
  • matt5858

got my ledgendary all payed off now just to wait and then pwn...

Posted: May 1, 2010 11:40 AM
    matt5858
  • Ejpluto

MW2 has been getting pretty old as of late to me. This game is going to kick ass. Out of all video game series, I think Halo is by far my favorite.

Posted: May 1, 2010 6:52 AM
    Ejpluto
  • Mr_Paisley

I'm playing the beta now, and I'm still pretty on the fence about the game. Granted this is pre-ODST beta, so it's only opened with two maps. It's still missing vehicles.

Having said that, the combat is frustrating. Two melees will effectively kill anyone, but gunning them down and then melee'ing actually doesn't work. In fact typically that will kill you because then THEY melee you and kill you . . . how my melee doesn't kill them is beyond me.
    Grenades are tightly packed with MW2 throwing knives and kill everything like a . . . expletive.
    You move SO, FREAKIN', SLOW. Especially when you're holding a flag . . . The "sword base" level is very one sided when it's a flag game as well. Stockpile on sword base is pretty heavily biased against the red team, since their base is right at the first floor, and incredibly simple to just toss flags down to.

Also, the sword is pretty weak now. It too takes two hits to kill someone with. Well, actually it can be BLOCKED by a melee attack. I don't know, it just seems as though it should be a prized weapon, that cuts like butter, buuut usually it's passed up for ranged weapons.

Sprinting shouldn't be an armor ability either. Otherwise you have to choose between being sluggish, or being being quick, for a short period of time. It just comes off really useless. Especially since you can't RUN with the flag...

Posted: May 1, 2010 3:07 AM
    Mr_Paisley
  • Shinjiro

On sunday im probably going to end up staying up until 2:00 am and then I'll probably wake up at 5 am to get some play time in before school starts

Posted: April 30, 2010 8:21 PM
    Shinjiro
  • McMuster12

Currently i only have PC and was thinking of getting a ps3 but this game has effectively changed my mind.

Posted: April 28, 2010 12:51 PM
    McMuster12
  • Ballistic8965

well, the shotgun looks freakin amazing! But, med-packs shouldnt be in reach. It annoying to try and find a med-pack in ODST, so Bungie, take out the med-packs! :)

Posted: April 28, 2010 11:26 AM
    Ballistic8965
  • Belgriest

I wish more developers did Beta's so they could fix their games. I'm talking about Epic and Gears 2 here. I tell you, i'm not that big of a Halo fan, but Bungie treats their fanbase right and always takes care of them. Great developers.

Posted: April 27, 2010 7:10 PM
    Belgriest
  • Shinjiro

I really hope that I win the G4s 20 early beta giveaway becuase I know that the beta comes out monday but I really really want to play this game

Posted: April 27, 2010 4:14 PM
    Shinjiro
  • paintball_freak22

i cant wait for the beta BETA,BETA,BETA!!!!

Posted: April 27, 2010 2:59 PM
    paintball_freak22
  • aushole

Check out 1:02. The person that's navigating through the main menu stops on a blank section of the menu. Could this be Firefight? Here's to wishful thinking.

Posted: April 27, 2010 1:39 PM
    aushole
  • philly cheese steak

omg my friend just got beta from game stop don't it come out may 3?

Posted: April 27, 2010 12:54 PM
    philly+cheese+steak
  • dorin0100

this game is going to blow the other halo game out of the water .2010 is going to be an awesome year for games .kick ass

Posted: April 27, 2010 11:08 AM
    dorin0100
  • Pill Addict

I cant freak wait for the beta! i didnt thinl i would have been excited but this just looks sick!

Posted: April 27, 2010 9:54 AM
    Pill+Addict
  • Zergonzo

This game looks great I can't wait for the final! Even though the developer is taking full advantage of the xbox 360's hardware the videos that I have seen are impressive, but I have seen better grpahics on a PC. What I have seen of the game has only been on standard resoluton video on my PC. I would love to see this masterpiece on my big screen in full HD. I know that the 360 hardware is not capable of perofrming grapgics that a hight end PC or the PS3 can perform. But I believe that when "all" of deveolpers learn the full capabilities and are able to fully utilize the hardware of the PS3, Microft will most likley come out with thier new console a year later. which will most likeley be at least 5 times the power of the the PS3, but will be five times eassier to program and develope games for the new system. I believe one of the resons why it has taken this long for even Sony to finally fully utilize it's own hardware is becuase the PS3 so damn hard to program for compared to the 360. Reach May be the last Halo game being developed for the xbox 360. But I believe that another Halo game will be released in 2013 for the xbox 720.

Posted: April 27, 2010 9:14 AM
    Zergonzo
  • Zergonzo

This game looks great I can't wait for the final! Even though the developer is taking full advantage of the xbox 360's hardware the videos that I have seen are impressive, but I have seen better grpahics on a PC. What I have seen of the game has only been on standard resoluton video on my PC. I would love to see this masterpiece on my big screen in full HD. I know that the 360 hardware is not capible of perofrming grapgics that a hight end PC or the PS3 can perform. But I believe that when "all" of deveolpers learn the full capibilities and are able to fully ultilize the hardware of the PS3, Microft will most likley come out with thier new console a year later. which will most likeley be at least 5 times the power of the the PS3, but will be five times eassier to program and develope games for the new system. I believe one of the resons why it has taken this long for even Sony to finally fully utilize it's own hardware is becuase the PS3 so damn hard to program for compared to the 360. Reach May be the last Halo game being developed for the xbox 360. But I believe that another Halo game will be released in 2013 for the xbox 720.

Posted: April 27, 2010 9:03 AM
    Zergonzo
  • CamaroAdam

@ Da Las Icon

Well PS3 owners are still looking forward to alot, personally Gran Turismo 5 (We will see how good Forza 3 is when compared to Gran Turismo 5). Especially since the PS3 is actually a next gen console. Don't get me wrong, I like my 360 but it seems to be getting a little outdated to me, personally I believe developers are just now realizing how to use the PS3's hardware. and yes I am looking forward to reach it looks like it will be alot better than the previous games.

Posted: April 27, 2010 7:33 AM
    CamaroAdam
  • theplaidlizard

Cant wait for the beta!!!

Posted: April 27, 2010 6:22 AM
    theplaidlizard
  • Da Las Icon

What are PS3 owners looking forward to now that God Of war 3 came out Hmmmmmm?

Posted: April 27, 2010 5:56 AM