Attack of the Staff: Chris Hardwick

Posted: April 19, 2010
Attack of the Staff: Chris Hardwick

Chris Hardwick talks about growing up as a nerd in the south, how he became the tech guru he is today, what prompted him to become a standup comedian, his early days at MTV, his passion projects like The Nerdist blog and Hard 'N Phirm and what he loves most about working at G4.

• ragegod

that is a BIG ASS DONKEY!! sorry had to say it

Posted: July 13, 2011 2:42 PM
  • Jordan_160

Chris Hardwick is cool and fun to watch on AOTS, I wish he'd do some comedy in my town.

Posted: May 27, 2011 3:09 PM
    Jordan_160
  • MrSketchySketch

You are the shizzit (apparently we can't swear)Chris. Love the Japanese monster turtle; where did you get that?! And youre totally right; your job would be awesome and I would intern at your place for free if I lived closer just to hang out with you guys. Keep it up!

Posted: April 22, 2010 6:05 PM
    MrSketchySketch
  • MysticMorzan

I love your quote at the end, Harkwick. I would also like a completely nerd-tastic job that I can get paid for to buy more nerdy crap. If I could grow up one day to do what you do, my life would not be in vain. In fact, I would envy every minute of it.

Posted: April 21, 2010 2:03 PM
    MysticMorzan
  • 2ndrook

You're a good man Mr. Hardwick; keep feeding hope to us nerds that we too will someday be cool.
    And well I feel obligated to say, though that Gamera portrait is ace… you need to step up your geek-cred trophies sir… if you want we can take up a collection.

Posted: April 20, 2010 1:49 PM
    2ndrook
  • CustosIntusSilentium

Chris, don't -ever- change. But do you, or staff member which might be reading this, have any advice for someone considering taking a risk? I'm just about to finish my AA degree with Psych as my major and English as my minor, and I've been heavily involved with writing and some performance in the last couple years. An internship at G4 would be heaven, but the logistics are keeping me from making the jump from Iowa. Any advice?

Posted: April 20, 2010 11:28 AM
    CustosIntusSilentium
  • smiley2d3d

Wait, Hold up a Sec....yOu worked for MTV in 99. I was in 8th grade. Now i'm 23 How old are you Dude?

Posted: April 20, 2010 11:20 AM
    smiley2d3d
  • SvenTheReturned

chris is the definition of success

Posted: April 20, 2010 3:10 AM
    SvenTheReturned
  • BlackLable69

Is that a PAINTING of Gamura in the background Chris?Hahahaha you remind me of one of my best friends. We've got a lot in common & you make a good point about TV being robotic. But whats wrong? You've seemed very down for quite some time now.

Posted: April 19, 2010 11:48 PM
    BlackLable69
  • Particles

901 Wsup haha.

Posted: April 19, 2010 6:58 PM
    Particles
  • myNando

Hahaha! I love Chris Hardwick. He completes the cast. God, I love AOTS.

G4 sounds like a great place to work. I wish I could work there. I could probably get in if I slept with enough people. Penis, butthole... I'm sorry for what I'm about to do...

Posted: April 19, 2010 6:41 PM
    myNando
  • Sushi_Seijin

Are you kidding me right now? I too was born in Louisville and then moved and grew up in Memphis! Now I'm going to the U of M. If you ever come back, we can hit up Beale St. :P

Posted: April 19, 2010 5:52 PM
    Sushi_Seijin
  • heliusslayer

Dude. Your like my hero XD. I live in the South as well and love tech stuff. Your like my idol. Maybe i'll be like you one day =D.

Posted: April 19, 2010 5:18 PM