Secrets of Success: Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Posted: April 13, 2010
Secrets of Success: Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Abbie Heppe talks to Producer Gordon Van Dyke about Battlefield: Bad Company 2 to find out the secrets behind the success of the title. Hear what the developers think made Battlefield: Bad Company 2 such a hit among First Person Shooter fans.

• jaisbone

Free its not free? you have to buy the game with a code(only works once so used games you send $10 bucks or so for the vip) I mean if all the DLC content is free for buying the game new and not used its great but I dont think that is the story. anyway 3d part looked way tight. cant wait for it on ps3 and when i got the money for a LED 3D TV!! :( maybe next decade

Posted: May 13, 2010 2:28 PM
    jaisbone
  • ManWhoWasNotThere

dont get me wrong I love this game, in alot of ways the combat is way more fun that mw2. that being said the depth of this game is almost nonexistent compared to mw2. I can level 1-70 in about a week if I keep at it and really work hard. meanwhile after not trying very hard, I have successfully unlocked everything I can unlock in bfbc2 after only 3 weeks of it being out (and me only being able to play about 3 hours a day). meanwhile mw2 has the prestige system. anyway yeah, point is bfbc2 disappointed me pretty good with that.

Posted: April 15, 2010 8:01 AM
    ManWhoWasNotThere
  • Insipidus7

Agreed. That interview was very random and waaaaay too short. Is there possibly an extended version somewhere G4? I mean BBC2 is an awesome game and I'd love to hear from the developers, what they have to say not only about how they created the game, but what they're experiencing/doing currently whilst we play. More content would be great, if you have it. Thanks!

K, jumping online now to play :P

Posted: April 15, 2010 12:41 AM
    Insipidus7
  • Full_Metal_Gear

First off Abbie looks very cute in that interview.
    Second that interview was all over the place imo, they started talking about how popular the game is and the map packs and then all of a sudden to 3D gaming? idk it just seemed a little random to bring up 3D gaming in this interview since 3D gaming isn't really why Battlefield is so successful.

Posted: April 14, 2010 8:06 PM
    Full_Metal_Gear
  • Komodo

I like how the interview starts to talk about 3D gaming and then abruptly stops. BOOOO.

Posted: April 14, 2010 7:46 PM
    Komodo
  • Diggerclan

Waaay too many medics, makes me feel bad because that's my favourite class.

Posted: April 14, 2010 7:38 PM
    Diggerclan
  • Chromepro

abbie your such a cutie!

also this guy makes perfect sense supplying free content to not split up the community

Posted: April 14, 2010 7:33 PM
    Chromepro
  • obvious2me

Normal mode, your health regenerates along with the cleanliness of your screen, just slower than if you were standing on a med pack. However, in hardcore your health will not regenerate unless you either die or get healed by a medic. Not aggreeing with quesadia in the slightest, those are the facts. And the weapons are balanced, you(quesadia) just have no skill with which to use said weapons. With the exception of the M60, way to easy to get massive amounts of kills with the m60. The only "cheap-ness" i have found is the rediculously easy sniping in hardcore, ive played for ~120hours since it came out and maybe got headshot by a sniper in hardcore... twice? (80-90% of the time i'm playing hardcore)

Posted: April 14, 2010 7:21 PM
    obvious2me
  • freechild

Notice how none of the questions were really answered. Just a horrible edit to the next question. I'm just saying...........

Posted: April 14, 2010 5:39 PM
    freechild
  • SteveKB

also damn I need to save up and try out that nvidia 3d stuff. Gotta wait for them to release a better series of cards though ... sigh.

Posted: April 14, 2010 3:26 PM
    SteveKB
  • linc77

great game too many hours spent on it. When are those downloadable costumes coming out? any one know or have a guess?

Posted: April 14, 2010 3:16 PM
    linc77
  • binkythemad

All i ask is the ability to lay down in the game......that and to be spoon feed banana pudding by Morgen

Posted: April 14, 2010 3:00 PM
    binkythemad
  • binkythemad

all i ask for is the ability to lay down.....that and to be spoon feed banana pudding by morgen

Posted: April 14, 2010 2:52 PM
    binkythemad
  • kzookiller

Go back to MW 2 quesadia!

Posted: April 14, 2010 2:50 PM
    kzookiller
  • jdsonic14

abbie you hair down is amazing. we never get to see that in feedback.

Posted: April 14, 2010 2:33 PM
  • quesadia

Here's some feedback for ya. This game isn't as good as the 1st. The unlock system and unbalanced weapons suck. There are welcome additions but nothing that makes up for cheap-ness. Regenerating health, endless revives after headshots? come on... appealing to the n00bs why don't you.

Posted: April 14, 2010 8:13 AM
    quesadia
  • Christ0bell

one thing missing from bad company 2.......battle recorder! get over to their forums and start asking for it!

how else are you gonna show off that amazing battlefield moment of yours?

whos with me?

Posted: April 13, 2010 11:44 PM
    Christ0bell
  • enissor

omfg all those sweet gaming rigs

Posted: April 13, 2010 10:37 PM