Nier First Look Preview

Posted: April 13, 2010
Nier First Look Preview
Blair Herter talks to Matt Frary from Square Enix about their upcoming title Nier. Get a first look at Nier and learn about the game's storyline, characters, environments, artwork, combat and more in this X-Play preview of Nier.

• solonoid

It doesn't look too bad but the killer for me is the look of the enemies, I'm sure there's a story behind it but really? Also, denying it's not like dantes inferno when it clearly looks like it isn't cool.

Posted: April 21, 2010 1:46 PM
    solonoid
  • Cathartic Denoument

[Omg; my comment went into someone else's comment, as a Reply, AGAIN.] (-_-)'
    ----------
    Still would prefer to play as Nier - the son/brother, instead of Nier - the father.

And from the looks of it, the AI allies don't look very useful/helpful, except for some parts.

Hopefully, this game performs well, come review time.
    I don't want it to be kind of broken like the first Ninety Nine Nights.

Posted: April 15, 2010 12:53 PM
    Cathartic+Denoument
  • Dirtyj78

Sorry Square fanboys but I've never liked their games, I guess they are starting to realize they have ridden FF into the ground and now it's time to try something different. I see this being a fail just like the overhyped FF13.

Posted: April 14, 2010 4:24 PM
    Dirtyj78
  • Traveller7

Square Enix is only the game's publisher. Cavia, the company behind the Drakengard series and Bullet Witch, was the one responsible for its development.

Posted: April 14, 2010 2:47 PM
    Traveller7
  • DeadCitizen

Kinda reminds me of Drakengard. Might be a rental.

Posted: April 14, 2010 1:03 PM
    DeadCitizen
  • Edgeman773

From the start i didn't have too much hope for this game *or any Square Enix game in the past...let the fan boy lynch mob commence!* Saying its not like Devil May Cry and then saying "oh, well it has magic!" is like saying "its not a Hot dog, it has chili on it" yeah its a "Chili Dog"..but it still a hot dog, in a bun. The whole game seems very generic and carbon copy "yeah its post-apocalyptic, some random disease killed everyone, some scientists tried to fix it, but it just made everything worse...but its more focused on this dude and his daughter" ....I Am Legend anyone?

Posted: April 14, 2010 12:27 PM
    Edgeman773
  • daioushin

This game is extremely ugly. It looks very unpolished..are you sure its not a PSP game?
    I love Square Enix's games but this just isn't up to their standards.

Posted: April 14, 2010 12:21 PM
    daioushin
  • Unbalanced

"A lot of people originally thought this game was a hack-n-slash, like a Dante s Inferno, a Devil May Cry type thing, Square Enix s Matt Frary recently told X-Play s Blair Herter, but it does have magic as well. So you can run in with giant two-handed swords and knock enemies all over the room, or, at the same time, you can use defensive and offensive spells and they work together in a real natural way in real-time"

I wonder why they thought it was a devil may cry or dantes inferno...I really..just have no clue as to why that could be.../sarcasm

Posted: April 14, 2010 10:51 AM
  • NortheastMonk

But I'm not too keen on SE action games considering their history. Different dev or not. Just wait for the review.

Posted: April 14, 2010 10:47 AM
    NortheastMonk
  • Prayfirst

The game look welllllllll maybe will have to try it out! Btw Matt (the dev.) have you looked in the mirror lately? Because your eyes look like they could really do w/ some sleep big-time! Go home a go to bed dude!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: April 13, 2010 8:37 PM
    Prayfirst
  • Nathiest

Wheres all the blood coming from? Kind of stupid.

Posted: April 13, 2010 5:55 PM