X-Play PAX East 2010 Panel Of Awesomeness!

Posted: April 7, 2010
X-Play PAX East 2010 Panel Of Awesomeness!
In case you hadn't noticed, we here at G4 had an absolute blast covering PAX East 2010. Not only did we get our hands and eyes on some amazing games, but we also attended and hosted some fantastic panels as well. One such panel was our own X-Play Live.

• mrgames

i went to this :) tapeing of xplay very cool

Posted: March 19, 2011 8:55 PM
    mrgames
  • Dwarves

morgan is so prettyyy ;)

Posted: April 11, 2010 3:03 PM
    Dwarves
  • thePcgamer

lol Pfister said nothing

Posted: April 9, 2010 1:15 PM
    thePcgamer
  • Cathartic Denoument

Hahahah; that was completely awesome & hilarious!
    And Blair "Shirter" was just too funny..maann..dude should host on Web Soup, with Chris Hardwick.
    Missed Sterling McGarvey on the panel though. =/
    And had they been given more of a chance, Andrew Pfister & Patrick Klepek could have spoken more..

And you guys struck it straight home with the whole migration from Farmville to Harvest Moon thing.
    I think there should be some kind of awareness, intervention, petition thing to get everyone to transition from Farmville to Harvest Moon. [Someone should start a Page of that on F|B, STAT!]
    I mean, like, if someone's gonna play a farming game, might as well do it properly, right?
    And besides; Harvest Moon came out BEFORE Farmville, so they should all play it (Harvest Moon), at least for the sake of paying homage & respects to the ORIGINAL farming game.

Posted: April 8, 2010 2:27 PM
    Cathartic+Denoument
  • dfalken

I loved watching this. Wish I could have been there. Is there any sort of forum to ask questions of the X-Play folks on the site? I see a lot of places that "could" happen...but where are they really active? Basically, where should I post to have the best chance of getting an answer? Should I send e-mail instead??

Posted: April 8, 2010 1:34 PM
    dfalken
  • Atavax

i liked all of it, except when they talked about DRM...

The simple fact of the matter is nothing is hack proof. if the government can spend millions of dollars securing their sites and fail, what chance do game developers have? zero, zilch, nadda.

There are two options game developers have. they can give the least incentive possible to hack their games or they can try to out hack, hackers, and create unpleasant software for all and turn the hacking of their game from a tiny minority of gamers to a mainstream number of people. you know why Spore was one of the most pirated games of all time? because its drm was one of the most obtrusive of all time. they are turning legit users into hackers because they refuse to give the service any reasonable person should expect.

Posted: April 8, 2010 12:12 PM
    Atavax
  • shyguy

love you guys

Posted: April 8, 2010 11:45 AM
  • Peatore

Was going to head down for that, but my passport expired.

Posted: April 8, 2010 8:45 AM
    Peatore
  • Lawrence123

Awesome 5 out of 5 ....... Where is Sterling McGarvey ?

Posted: April 8, 2010 3:37 AM
    Lawrence123
  • xTobyx64

The audio does completely go out of sync a little ways in. I restarted the video in sd thinking my cpu couldn't handle the hi-def.

Posted: April 7, 2010 9:22 PM
    xTobyx64
  • Jeprox

Blair and Patrick are really funny together.

Posted: April 7, 2010 6:25 PM
    Jeprox
  • cwhas2godhands

I think Blair may have been the guy who jumped into the river to save that baby.

Posted: April 7, 2010 5:27 PM
    cwhas2godhands
  • guillermo316

abbie come on, be more exicted! there were some handsome guys on that show.! 0_x

Posted: April 7, 2010 5:26 PM
    guillermo316
  • XwingVmanX

Man I am so coming next year! lol

Posted: April 7, 2010 5:04 PM
    XwingVmanX
  • mrpandaman27

Thank you guys for putting this up! It's a shame that a lot of us couldn't go and experience this first hand, but this is awesome.

Posted: April 7, 2010 4:55 PM
    mrpandaman27
  • The Icon Don

wow that was a very good waste of an hour. i loved the that panel and hearing your opinions. and he y id dont care if your guys give me 2o thumbs down or if the people looking over comments laughs at it but dynasty warriors was the first game i ever got for my ps2. even though i dont play them anymore cuz i kind of did realize that its the same thing over and over,it still has a place in my heart and drawer full of games with their historical backrounds. i still have faith that they can make an actual better game out of it. maybe if one of you jus goes there and smackes them in the face and are like Hey!....what the heck are you guys thinking!?! that would help. thanks

Posted: April 7, 2010 4:50 PM
    The+Icon+Don
  • xerocide

Really great panel, it's just a shame the audio goes out of sync.

I really hope there's an opportunity for you guys to come back east since I missed out.

Posted: April 7, 2010 2:51 PM
    xerocide
  • howaboutno

THUNDERDIKK!

Posted: April 7, 2010 12:33 PM
    howaboutno
  • Spacewizard420

And a new FeedBack tonight? You are spoiling us G4! Epic April indeed!

Posted: April 7, 2010 12:23 PM
    Spacewizard420
  • bolo73

Thanks for posting the panel.

Posted: April 7, 2010 12:14 PM