Hydrophobia First Look Preview

Posted: April 6, 2010
Hydrophobia First Look Preview
Fluid dynamics reach an all new level in video game prowess thanks to the upcoming Xbox 360 action adventure, Hydrophobia. Dark Energy Digital's Senior Creative Designer Rob Hewson previews the game for us.

• David James

This game looks sweet!. At last someone is tackling water in games seriously and with enough substance and tech behind it to make a difference!. Can't wait to see how this turns out it looks so so good!

Posted: July 13, 2010 9:06 AM
    David+James
  • David James

This game looks sweet!. At last someone is tackling water in games seriously enough and with enough substance and tech behind it to make a difference!. Can't wait to see how this turns out it looks so so good!

Posted: July 13, 2010 9:02 AM
    David+James
  • alz_4_eva

looks like one of the greats but until i play it trials HD is the best one i have played

Posted: May 3, 2010 4:01 PM
    alz_4_eva
  • Palefaced1

Damn I love my xbox 360. I find myself trolling the arcade almost daily looking for new title that will be cool and different. Still waiting on the HD remake of Radiant Silvergun, but this will help to pass the time. Looks very cool and unique.

Posted: April 19, 2010 12:05 PM
    Palefaced1
  • Ryne S.

Cool I'll definitly pick it up. Its a survival horror water game. It's unique and its on xbox live arcade....sweet! No disc required and it will be cheaper than paying 60 dollars for crap.

Posted: April 12, 2010 5:46 PM
    Ryne+S.
  • David James

Does anyone know when this is out?...

Posted: April 11, 2010 4:23 AM
    David+James
  • David James

Does the game come with a free rubber ring?!?...it looks like im gonna need it!!!

Posted: April 11, 2010 4:20 AM
    David+James
  • David James

Posted: April 11, 2010 4:18 AM
    David+James
  • David James

Posted: April 11, 2010 4:17 AM
    David+James
  • iguy93

all of you losers no one cares if your first especially the three of you who aren't

Posted: April 8, 2010 6:11 PM
    iguy93
  • Cybertronguard

Lookin Sha-Wheeet for an XBLA title...i thought it was a full blown release!...

Posted: April 8, 2010 4:28 PM
    Cybertronguard
  • MJH243

I thought this was going to be a PS3 exclusive, then I heard it was going multiplat, but now its XBLA only???

All that aside, it looks interesting and happy its not at $60.

Posted: April 7, 2010 1:15 PM
    MJH243
  • Thakker

1:06

You cant walk that way with water up to the hips. Character is walking (heck running even) like on thin air. Lets see you try that in real life. Water physics.. for the crates and barrels only? not for the character?

Posted: April 7, 2010 10:48 AM
    Thakker
  • lowkevmic

I have mixed feelings about this game. I like the idea that it is a pretty large game to be available for XBLA, which only mean more indie developers will follow. But the downside to this game is like Sessler, I hate playing levels that involves swimming on any action adventure game!! It's pointless and a cheap way for developers to stretch out the gameplay for a title. This game is all water, so a lot of really pointless swimming. I didn't see much action with this game at all.

Posted: April 7, 2010 8:28 AM
    lowkevmic
  • thadurnsilicious1

First Game in a while that makes me want a 360 (I know I'm a fanboy)

Sick JRPG haircut, Design team.

@SirCitadel I can't think of a game where water was either realistic or changed anything, aside from making a box or 2 float. which is why water levels suck, if this game makes them not suck it could be enough for a decent reception.

Posted: April 7, 2010 7:52 AM
    thadurnsilicious1
  • SirCitadel

wait, a whole game designed around a water level? ahahaha sessler is gonna have a field day with this one...

Posted: April 6, 2010 11:44 PM
    SirCitadel
  • BlackLable69

hmm

Posted: April 6, 2010 11:19 PM
    BlackLable69
  • brotherfade

timed missions always suck.

Posted: April 6, 2010 10:55 PM
    brotherfade
  • kayderek18

I would like to try this game. I would like that very much.

Posted: April 6, 2010 9:41 PM
    kayderek18
  • Steel Sovereign

I was just looking at the Halo: Reach screen in the background the whole time. That is how uninterested I am in this game.

Posted: April 6, 2010 9:37 PM