UFC Undisputed 2010 NYC Debut Party Interview

Posted: April 5, 2010
UFC Undisputed 2010 NYC Debut Party Interview
We catch up with THQ Producer Neven Dravinksi and UFC athletes at the New York City Debut party for their MMA fighting game UFC Undisputed 2010 to preview the upcoming octagon simulator.

• fuckamacake

The lasts game was fun but not a very good game.Wasnt very deep and they did this crappy animations stuff were the animations took control until they were done that crap has been taken out thx god.The submissions were bad very easy to beat people online with last year that has been fixed also thx god.the career mode was boring as well FIXED waaaay more deep than last year from what i have seen like 4 times more deep. With all the new things in the gameplay and the stuff put into making your own move set so you can have exact fighter you want I CANT WAIT TO GET MY HANDS ON IT!!

Posted: April 8, 2010 12:58 AM
    fuckamacake
  • kenady16

unless any of u went to ny to play the demo u dont know how much the controls have changed n i know it looks the same but its not the same
    psn kenady15 btw u i learned the controls after like 2 weeks of playing 09 so u guys need to step it up n i platinumed 09 to

Posted: April 6, 2010 4:13 PM
    kenady16
  • stone3fingrz

Just started becoming a UFC fan last summer, roughly the same time I got the game. I didn't understand the skill sets the real fighters had so it made the game, with its complex controls, frustrating and no fun. Have gone to UFC PPVs regularly and watched TUF since, so now I have a better grip on what I'm seeing. Started playing the game again a couple weeks ago and am amazed at how well it emulates the real fights.

I am going to play Undisputed right up to the release of the 2010 version. The 2009 version is terrific and I am hopeful that the next one will be an improvement..

Posted: April 6, 2010 8:46 AM
    stone3fingrz
  • VisceralDragon

man, people will always find something to bitch about, it's a great game people.

Posted: April 6, 2010 4:15 AM
    VisceralDragon
  • Tman88

There's a lot that has been done for this year's game that I can't wait to play. Definitely one of my favorite new features is the ability to switch weight classes in career mode and also being able to experience the pre-fight press conferences and choosing to either respect or not respect the opponent with the potential of creating a rivalry. (On a side note I thought it was cool that the maker of the video put in Randy Orton's entrance theme from early 2002 into the video cause I haven't heard it in a long time and it was a cool theme back in the day)

Posted: April 5, 2010 10:53 PM
    Tman88
  • breeze25

I'll admit that I've owned every copy of WWF/E games thq and yukes has ever released even though I rarely watch wrestling nowadays, but this past summer I became a UFC fan and I eventually bought Undisputed 09 & I had a little fun with it @ 1st but I ended up returning it the next day to finish paying off Arkham Asylum because it's one of hardest fighting games I've ever played in my life and constantly losing in a fight that seems impossible to beat drives me crazy and I tend 2 accidently break (expensive) stuff when I'm pissed lol. I recently rebought the game due to it being on sale & I actually bought 2 copies (360 version 4 my lil bro & another ps3 version 4 me) I tried 2 play the career mode differently this time around by powering up my skills smarter, but once I'm in the ring with a submission expert my butt is practically whupped b4 the ring girl gets a good chance to even sit down. Long story short, I reserved 2010 because after watching season 10 of TUF & the gamestop pre order exclusives and all the hype 4 the game it was 2 hard 4 me to pass up, All I have to do now is spend the next 2 months practicing on 09 in hopes of at least pose some kind of challenge online lol. BTW: Entrances & custom music would really make this game significantly more realistic.

Posted: April 5, 2010 10:22 PM
    breeze25
  • darrel61

cant wait although i wished they used a different engine..... looks like they recycled last yrs game.....

Posted: April 5, 2010 8:29 PM
    darrel61
  • Resident evil Puppy Madness

i want entrances custom music c'mon

Posted: April 5, 2010 7:45 PM
    Resident+evil+Puppy+Madness
  • Straticus

The controls had a steep learning curve and if you knew what you were doing then they didn't suck. This game actually took skill to play instead of the button mashers out there. Can't wait for the demo.

Posted: April 5, 2010 6:23 PM
    Straticus
  • tsglass

To sum up what I was trying to say above,

The Games "Atmosphere" lacks.

It feels like your fighting in a small high school wrestling gym and not some major Las Vegas arena sold out with crazy fans.

Posted: April 5, 2010 5:42 PM
    tsglass
  • tsglass

I know its not WWE but it would have been nice include basic entrances and allow custom music. If you ever been to or watched a UFC PPV they are starting to enhance entrances by showing the fighter backstage and walk all the way down to the ring now. Some fighters use the same music everytime and others switch it up but it sets the tone before the match. I just dont like how in the game you are fighting for the belt and it goes straight to both fighters in the ring with absolutely NO "pre-fight" entertainment or hype.

Posted: April 5, 2010 5:39 PM
    tsglass
  • thefreed

let me tell you... the controls suck for this game, and it doesn't seem like they changed much from last year.
    Also the animations look very clunky and unnatural, in that aspect it doesn't feel like a next generation game at all.
    I mean it is fun for awhile but there's a lot of aspects that THQ did not handle very well.

Posted: April 5, 2010 5:07 PM
    thefreed
  • kyoput

I play wrestling games because they are fun. Undisputed was not very fun. But if you like MMA, UFC especially, this is the game for you. The collision detection is actually pretty good and the fighters seem to move more fluidly than last year.

If they streamlined the controls I might consider giving it a rental. not a big enough MMA fan to actually buy it.

Posted: April 5, 2010 3:27 PM
    kyoput
  • smooth_trooper

Wrestling around in shorts and tights does not sound ghey at all.

Posted: April 5, 2010 3:11 PM