Lost Planet 2 Early Demo Access Direct-Feed Gameplay

Posted: April 2, 2010
Lost Planet 2 Early Demo Access Direct-Feed Gameplay
Grease those axels and power up your favorite Vital Suit for 15 minutes of early access gameplay to the multiplayer demo.

• doozer17268

I already pre-ordered and paid this game off for the PS3, where do you get the early access code?

Posted: April 8, 2010 2:04 AM
    doozer17268
  • Pill Addict

okay so not to be a negetive nancy but graphice a just a bit too blurry! The game play looks way sick but the graphics definantly need some help...

Posted: April 6, 2010 2:04 PM
    Pill+Addict
  • Cathartic Denoument

Is this added on to the original Demo, or is there another Demo released?

Posted: April 6, 2010 12:25 AM
    Cathartic+Denoument
  • ChristianG13

The Game footage is very good, it provides the gameplay that people would expect for this game. Also in regards to the essay above(Ridiculous really a formated essay) there will always be spawning in front or behind people, and why crticize the game comparing it to MW2 when one is a straight out pure shooter and an other (Lost planet 2) offers many different game factors, like a enviorment that is utalized differently by hook jumps and large machines. Over all the game is descent and i would consider buying the game.

Posted: April 4, 2010 10:18 PM
    ChristianG13
  • desertman221

I like the multi player action better guns than the last one

Posted: April 3, 2010 9:06 AM
    desertman221
  • mrpandaman27

Game looks pretty sweet as a multiplayer, but I'm very excited for the local co-op. Reminds me of the multiplayer for Uncharted 2, they look like they kind of have the same gameplay without all the VS and other stuff.

Posted: April 3, 2010 12:45 AM
    mrpandaman27
  • ral1121

Agree with the guy above me.

Worst game i've played in a while. The first one was slightly better.

Posted: April 2, 2010 2:12 PM
    ral1121
  • unfungames

Played it a few times....It's probably the most disappointed I've been with any demo/beta this generation. The first game had decent MP, but they didn't really improve on it. If anything, they added some things to make it even worse.

Grenades are going to be a huge issue. They have one hit kill power and incredible range. If you thought COD4 was a grenade throwing contest you ain't seen nothin' yet. In the games I played, people wouldn't even fight with guns...if you see a guy you throw a grenade at him and he does the same. Guns are inaccurate and it takes a lot of shots to kill someone. Most kills are grenades. This might change when people memorize where weapons spawn, but so far, grenades are ridiculous.

Another problem is the grappling hook. It was pretty cool in Lost Planet 1, but after playing Just Cause 2, the hook in LP2 is laughable. JC2 just did it so well it's tough to take the one in LP2 seriously. I think they should have dropped the idea of the hook and just used a jet pack with small bursts instead.

The maps are round by design, which means spawning always puts players in front or behind you. You pick your spawn point, and the players are invisible until you spawn. This means you could spawn right on about 10 guys and that equals insta-death. You shouldn't get to pick where to spawn. A system should be in place where it spawns you in the safest spot. Most deaths occur from being shot in the back because of the radial maps. That's how you'll get most of your kills and most of your deaths. You're always spawning behind someone or someone is spawning behind you. There's not a lot of real straight up fights you'll see in this game, and if you do, it's a grenade chunking contest.

Like Blur, this demo has no team-based matches. That might change my opinion, but it's not included, and free-for-all is a mode I never play in any other games. I like teamwork and playing with (not against) friends.

One thing this game did for me was it made me respect Gears of War's multiplayer design a lot more. Say what you will about the matchamaking, chainsawing, or frag tagging; the game's design was brilliant. Almost all the fights were straight up battles without a lot of "oh look a guy is magically behind me, I'm dead" moments.

In conclusion, some food for thought. I know 2 different studios made Bionic Commando and Lost Planet 2, but did anyone else get deja vu when playing both demos? I mean...this really does feel like the Bionic Commando, just re-skinned with the Lost Planet theme.

Posted: April 2, 2010 11:39 AM
    unfungames
  • jungleman67

wow i knew it was good but not this good

Posted: April 2, 2010 11:21 AM
    jungleman67
  • napkinshower

looks cool. movement is slow but i can dig it

Posted: April 2, 2010 11:10 AM
    napkinshower
  • jungleman67

you could play as a naked girl?

Posted: April 2, 2010 11:08 AM
    jungleman67
  • jungleman67

wow this has amazing graphics.

Posted: April 2, 2010 11:06 AM
    jungleman67
  • Esq

It's fun, but it's freaking hard to get kills. I wish I could actually gain XP.

Posted: April 2, 2010 10:43 AM
    Esq
  • goldbar

I pre-ordered this game yesterday... this looks amazing. I am going to trade in ALL my other shooters for this. What a great looking game.

Posted: April 2, 2010 10:05 AM