Green Day Rock Band Preview

Posted: April 1, 2010
Green Day Rock Band Preview
Abbie Heppe talks to Chris Foster, Project Lead on Green Day Rock Band, about the game and what fans of the series and the band can expect. Find out about the game's release date, track list and more in this X-Play preview of Green Day Rock Band.

• WHOR_HAY

Green Day is STILL awesome! I'm guna switch from guitar hero to rock band just for this game!

Posted: June 3, 2010 10:56 AM
  • ragercker901

When I heard they were making this game, I was ecstatic. I am a Green Day freak and love everything they have done. Yes. Including American Idiot and 21st CBD. To everyone that says there horrible and have "sold out" ok you don't like them and that is perfectly fine. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but it still is an OPINION. Just look at how big they are. 9 full length albums (I think), one of which is an intense rock opera, A full length documentary, a successful Broadway show, and now a rock band game. So all of this can only mean that they suck and are a horrible band. Really? As I said earlier, I am a huge Green Day fan and loved everything they have done. 39/smooth and up. You know how I found Green Day? Through American idiot when I was in 7th grade. So yeah a lot of kids like the "new" and "crappy" stuff but a lot of us love the old stuff as well as the new stuff. And for the people who said they "sold out." They are professional musicians. They are their music and write what they want and don't care what people think of them. Just because they are signed and are popular doesn't mean that they don't still love making music and saying what they believe. So what i am getting at is, Don't bash bands. If you don't like them then you don't like them. No big deal. There is no need to say they suck or they're horrible cause any signed band or any band with fans obviously doesn't suck because they have people who do listen to them and love them.

Posted: April 9, 2010 3:56 PM
  • lookatme33

the people at harmonix probably go off album sales. american idiot was their second best selling album right behind dookie. so its obvious why its on there. it may not be their best album but hey people like it. its all about profit. putting that album on there will give them huge profits. besides, its not meant to be a separated album. it is a rock opera after all. for those who are negative towards the game. great. your opinions are duly noted. dont buy the game if you think theyre sell outs. they did what they needed to make a living. obviously theyre doing something right if they play to sold out crowds at every show they do. to be honest i think that peoples music interests change. you dont like green day anymore. great. you grew out of them. i think its a band wagon thing that everyones saying "oh i dont like them because they sold out." look at 95% of music today. they would all fall under that category. if green day sold out then what have all the other bands still making music done? there are bands so much worse than green day. go hate on them. not a band that will probably be in the rock n roll hall of fame at some point.

Posted: April 7, 2010 5:22 PM
    lookatme33
  • DynasArth

It scares me how closed-minded people are on here, and how ready people are to stereotype others.

Posted: April 7, 2010 5:22 AM
    DynasArth
  • anthony1976

The people who are saying that a Green Day Rock Band game wouldn't be challenging to play have obviously never listened to some of the earlier albums. Some of the bass lines Mike Dirnt plays are amazing and would be very cool to play. Yes, the guitar parts can get repetitive but hey news flash Green Day is a three-chord punk rock band...it's about rockin' not some overblown lead guitar parts. Drums would be great to play too...they have some pretty fast stuff sometimes. Not black metal fast but enough to keep you entertained.
    Don't worry all you kiddies who just started listening to rock music like 5 years ago. I'm sure they'll make a Breaking Benjamin or Nickelback Rock Band game so you can get your fix of crappy radio pop rock.
    Green Day's popularity has always been hit or miss with people. Mainly because they don't fit the mold of most of the junk that's on the radio today (like the bands i just mentioned). The latest album is slightly too emo for my tastes but there are still some great tracks there. Despite whether you like their music or not, you gotta respect a band that has done their share of underground shows/tours and has managed to reinvent themselves time and time again to keep up with changes in the music industry. Sure they sold out years ago, but they are pushing 40 years old and have kids and mortgages. Who wouldn't go for the cash if you had the talent.

Posted: April 5, 2010 9:35 AM
    anthony1976
  • natedoggcata619

So out of all their albums you are going to put their WORST on there? Great job Harmonix. Looks like you guys are the ones flooding the market this year.

Posted: April 5, 2010 8:33 AM
    natedoggcata619
  • theantigzus

yeah i liked green day and as a matter of fact alot of other musician's when they were not political. The last two album's have made me dislike them, i'll buy it for the earlier songs and cuz i love rock band but i just wish they would stop releasing themed music games, i dont think any of them have done all that well, atleast the guitar hero one's havent, so why keep on doing it.

Posted: April 4, 2010 4:02 AM
  • Nightshade386

I haven't played much Rock band, but don't they censor all the cursing out? How can they deliver a Green Day game when half the lyrics are being changed or cut out?

Posted: April 3, 2010 7:14 PM
    Nightshade386
  • BertSaxby

Shaping up to be a Harmonix fail. I can't possibly see enough sales to warrant production costs on this. Guess we'll see.

Posted: April 3, 2010 6:54 PM
    BertSaxby
  • Adampro123

awesome that's the only album i ever liked from green day. i'll be looking forward to playing jesus of suburbia.

Posted: April 3, 2010 6:44 PM
    Adampro123
  • ptr_lapp

A lot of hate for Green Day. I feel lonely...

Posted: April 3, 2010 2:11 PM
    ptr_lapp
  • heroes_will_fall_26

i can't wait for this game!

Posted: April 3, 2010 7:19 AM
    heroes_will_fall_26
  • AnomalyOfMax

Green Day sucks !!!!

Posted: April 3, 2010 6:20 AM
    AnomalyOfMax
  • MacPhisto

*yawn* Wake me up when this kiddie mall-punk trash has come and gone and they finally release another decent band-centric RB game, like U2: Rock Band.

Posted: April 3, 2010 2:29 AM
    MacPhisto
  • gamerguy727

Of all bands green day.... This game will help my project about the rise and fall of music games. Of course Green Day: Rock Band will go under the "fall" category.

Posted: April 2, 2010 11:50 PM
    gamerguy727
  • Thunderkleize_

I'll say it before I'll say it again. Green Day after Dookie is about worthless. If you listen to it, you're probably an angsty teenager or in a mid-life crisis.

Posted: April 2, 2010 10:13 PM
    Thunderkleize_
  • greeknerd

@ Corporal_Joe

I already knew that they weren't as well known or popular as Green Day. Hence why it would be a terrible game to make (I would still buy it though). By the way, Cannabal Corpse isn't screamo, it's death metal. There's a difference.

(don't blame me for having a reply button that doesn't work)

Posted: April 2, 2010 7:30 PM
    greeknerd
  • Corporal_Joe

I can't wait to play homecoming!

Posted: April 2, 2010 7:10 PM
    Corporal_Joe
  • greeknerd

@ unfungames

Wow. Take a joke.
    (Yes, I know that there's a reply button. Yes, it's a reply button that doesn't work for me).

Posted: April 2, 2010 5:50 PM
    greeknerd
  • gravy666

Only valid complaint I can level against it is that Green Day have a punk-ish style to their music, at least rhythmically, and it is typically repetitive--this isn't Dragonforce, folks. Wouldn't gameplay get a bit tiresome after a bit, because you're repeating similar rhythms over and over again?

Posted: April 2, 2010 3:49 PM