iPhone Rumors: New iPhones and iPhones for Verizon?

Posted: March 30, 2010
iPhone Rumors: New iPhones and iPhones for Verizon?

We all know about the iPad, but what's going on with all these new iPhone rumors? Chris Hardwick talks to Jason Chen, Editor of Gizmodo, to talk about reports about potential new wireless providers and features for the phone. We're crossing our fingers that the rumors are true!

• dragon1986442

is apple still going to make other phones for Verizon and if so what will happen to at&t i love the iphone i don't want to switch companys

Posted: October 7, 2010 5:04 PM
    dragon1986442
  • nightcrawler136

Ok Ladies & Gentlemen, I got a question. I now have the HTC Fuze with At&t. Internet & downloads suck cause it's slow and sometimes can't hear the other callers. When I had Verizon though, I had the razor but can hear callers crystal clear. Now that iphone mite be available for Verizon it wouldn't be better? Or should I just get the droid with Verizon or At&t. What you think?

Posted: April 1, 2010 8:54 AM
    nightcrawler136
  • ceedz

I see a price war coming who can deliver the iPhone with the cheapest unlimited plans. I don't understand how AT&T will charge me for 3G on a new iPad when I already pay for unlimited use with my iPhone why wouldn't it be 2 devices I can use with one plan?

Posted: March 31, 2010 6:42 PM
  • biker84

The Iphone should go to T-Mobile. It would cost very little for Apple to switch the 3G bands in the phone and still keep it GSM. Plus T-Mobile HSDPA+ network is going to be faster than Sprint and Verizon's 4G network. Screw Verizon with there outdated technology and excessive overprices!!

Posted: March 31, 2010 2:21 PM
    biker84
  • Im_With_Stupid_

@kyle2dotcom
    I don't want to say your wrong, but Verizon has been voted and rated time and time again to have the most reliable service. Maybe not the fastest, but speed doesn't mater when you need to call your mom to tell her your wife is in labor and the call gets dropped cause its a little cloudy outside

Posted: March 31, 2010 11:02 AM
    Im_With_Stupid_
  • klyonawesome

1. This idea that Verizon has the best network is bull. I have used all carriers and work with phones everyday and I will tell you Verizon has a slow slow network. For most people I think speed does matter. Sprints network is great for speed and would love to see the iPhone on Sprint.
    2. The iPhone needs to not be on At&t and Verizon. We need competition for innovation. Apple would hold too much market share in the US if Verizon got the iPhone. Plus it would destroy their network. Keep in mind Verizon has around a 15% smart phones on their network. At&t has around 40% and more business contracts. I've used a blackberry bold 9700 on ATT and i'll tell you I never had issues with any phone on their network. Only the iPhone. It's the phone that sucks. Think about it.

Posted: March 31, 2010 8:50 AM
    klyonawesome
  • lowkevmic

The only reason why Apple is even thinking about allowing their Iphone to be on other carriers, has absolutely nothing to do with the consumer. It has everything to do with the new wave of smartphones that is taking away the large profit margin that the Iphone had at one point when it first came out. In sales, the Droid is slated to pretty much run neck and neck with the Iphone by the end of this year, not to mention the crazy amount of apps being created for the Droid in such a short period...100,000 by the end of April. Apple is nervous, so they figure if they just allow anyone and everyone the ability to buy their phone, regardless of their carrier, then they will once again dominate the smartphone market. Because lets be honest here, the iphone pretty much saved AT&T, who was beginning to look a lot like Sprint when they almost went Bankrupt. Apple is trying to take over telecommunications, which is the one world of technology that Microsoft hasn't Monopolized yet.

Posted: March 31, 2010 8:31 AM
    lowkevmic
  • sixDEANiine

I'm just waiting for the next gen of the Droid to hit. Or at least a hardware revamp with better buttons, slider, etc.

Posted: March 30, 2010 8:38 PM