Adam Sessler Interviews Curt Schilling

Posted: March 24, 2010
Adam Sessler Interviews Curt Schilling
Pitching legend Curt Schilling of 38 Studios talks to X-Play's Adam Sessler via webcam about jumping into the gaming industry with his upcoming MMO.

• TWinkles

being from Boston, and a Red Sox fan, Curt gave us 2 world series rings. I Wish him, and 38 Studios the best

Posted: March 28, 2010 12:05 PM
    TWinkles
  • sixstringmonk

I have high hopes for this team, due to the creative talent. In addition to McFarlane and Salvatore, Ken Rolston (Morrowind, Oblivion) is on board.

Posted: March 28, 2010 9:21 AM
    sixstringmonk
  • kyoput

Not a big fan of Curt Schilling but no denying he was a great pitcher and he seems to have given this venture into games great thought and effort.

I wish him luck. New people with new ideas can always be a good thing in this media.

Posted: March 26, 2010 3:51 PM
    kyoput
  • austmanxx

While I do agree, celebs often get way more attention than what they deserve, I believe Curt deserves a shot at what his clearly his other passion in life besides baseball. I'm sure all developers started out the same way as him in that they just had a love for video games. Anyway, I definitely have to disagree with the whole almighty WoW argument. WoW will go down eventually, its just a matter of time. Anyways, I'd much rather see Curt's millions of dollars from baseball go into the games industry than something else like what the stupid millionaire rap artists spend it on, gold-plated teeth and whatnot.

Posted: March 26, 2010 11:00 AM
    austmanxx
  • Life79

i have to agree with unfungames for some reason celebs get a free ride by society, unfairly in my opinion. mmos are such a hard sale to think he will maintain any kind of momentum in that genre is hard to believe. eve wow is starting to see its edges fraying but hey maybe that just means that there is potential for somthing new to come in. and as far as mmos on consoles i dont know about that, i cant imagine paying an mmo subscription on top of my monthly xbox subscription, sadly this is where most of the games are going these days anyway. its hard to get a complete game experience online with your friends these days if you dont purchase all the dlc for a particular game ie if you dont buy general knox or any of the other dlc those places are off limits to your friends if they dont have it.

Posted: March 26, 2010 5:53 AM
    Life79
  • tdogg06051991

I love the Idea of an MMO but I WANT IT ON MY CONSOLE ROFL

Posted: March 25, 2010 11:14 PM
    tdogg06051991
  • unfungames

Also...Mr Schilling. "gaming" is not a genre. It is a form of entertainment. Epic wordsmith fail.

Posted: March 25, 2010 3:08 AM
    unfungames
  • unfungames

Schilling is one of the best pitchers of all time, but he has no business being in gaming. How about you give some attention to developers who deserve it rather than going for the free hits? It's just like all those pathetic celebrities who "write" books and become "best selling authors" when, if they were just regular people they wouldn't have sold a single copy. I'm sick of people thinking celebs should get attention when they do something other than what they got famous for doing.

Someone needs to tell Schilling that, if you're not World of Warcraft....then you're either an indie studio or a major studio that's going to get pummeled and be bankrupt before you know it.

Posted: March 25, 2010 3:07 AM
    unfungames
  • z26mb4027

gonna keep an eye out for this game. Its always refreshing to here about a new IP and you can go a long way with MMO's.

Posted: March 24, 2010 7:18 PM
    z26mb4027
  • BenAthar

With the way technology is these days an IP based MMO is just going to get interesting. Best of luck with Curt and his company. Big fan of R.A. Salvatore(Drizzt Do'Urden anyone???) Can't wait to see it and will find me a copy of it to play. Would like to see a company to put an MMO on the 'net to work with xbox, ps3 with a base dvd/cd to get started and us the hard drive and such for the rest of it. I think that is what Curt is trying to do. Evolve MMO further than what it is today.

Posted: March 24, 2010 7:12 PM
    BenAthar
  • Atavax

great interview!

i wish the best of luck to Shiling and his team; i cant imagine how difficult it is to start off with a MMO in this day and age!!!!

i love the new IP approach; theres always gameplay that is sacrificed when trying to convert an existing IP into a MMO...

Posted: March 24, 2010 6:48 PM
    Atavax
  • ODST chief

curt shiling is an awesome ball player and willbe an awesome develiper

Posted: March 24, 2010 6:34 PM