Backbreaker "First Live Action Video Game Sports Title" Int.

Posted: March 23, 2010
Backbreaker "First Live Action Video Game Sports Title" Int.
NaturalMotion Assistant Producer Rob Donald discusses how their physics-based American football game, Backbreaker will attempt to be the "first live action sports title" and excite fans across the world even sans an NFL license.

• OmegaRed619

Hey Madden! This is how you make a football game. Could you imagine this game combined with the NFL License.

Posted: April 9, 2010 10:22 AM
    OmegaRed619
  • Sparrowcry

Backbreaker > Madden...

Posted: March 27, 2010 3:21 PM
    Sparrowcry
  • crazykid101

I like action games over sports games and this looks like it's combining both.

Posted: March 27, 2010 3:12 PM
    crazykid101
  • Covenant11

No NFL license= this game wont touch Madden's numbers.

Posted: March 26, 2010 4:34 PM
    Covenant11
  • EliteOp11

madden>backbreaker

Posted: March 26, 2010 1:15 PM
    EliteOp11
  • galindo62

meh....exited for the action, but i could care less about the customization.

Posted: March 25, 2010 8:08 PM
    galindo62
  • StarWars_Enigma

This football game will be getting my money this year, not Madden. I would rather have a new, innovative football then a rehashed game that only contains a few tweaks and a roster update with each installment. The only thing thats iffy with me is the title...Backbreaker is a good title but I think they can do better.

Posted: March 25, 2010 7:15 PM
    StarWars_Enigma
  • MasterNoble6

@shushine---FACEBREAKER! is why it sounds familiar.

Posted: March 25, 2010 12:14 PM
    MasterNoble6
  • MasterNoble6

I love how my comment was thumb down but the last comments said the same thing i did, Just trying to help them not trying to be mean in any way.

Posted: March 25, 2010 12:11 PM
    MasterNoble6
  • reagenyouth125

why is this limey in charge of a football game?

Posted: March 25, 2010 11:50 AM
    reagenyouth125
  • ps3allday95

not bad but in no way is this going to over take madden as the best football game

Posted: March 25, 2010 11:36 AM
    ps3allday95
  • SouthernCDogg

How come this game won't be licensed? I would really love if Backbreaker had an NFL or NCAA license so we could use NFL/Real College teams. Though I'm a mad Madden fan, this game looks really fun. It's certainly setting a standard for future sport titles to come. I'll be trying it out in May.

Posted: March 25, 2010 8:06 AM
    SouthernCDogg
  • swordgoatz

this game addresses a lot of my gripes with madden. madden becomes extremely repetitive after a while and i have always wanted to go into third-person, especially as a running back. the big selling point to me, however, is the team customization. i love creating teams, and if the editor is anything like the forza editors, that makes me really excited. i think i'll pick this one up after i'm done with red dead redemption.

Posted: March 25, 2010 7:48 AM
    swordgoatz
  • Insipidus7

This looks pretty interesting, but it's not entirely innovative. EA's NHL 2010 already allows a player to play in third-person view, but if 505 is able to nail it with football, then it might do alright. I think that Madden has gotten worse and worse over the years, particularly with AI. Not sure if I've ever been angrier at a game. Backbreaker shows potential and seemingly provides a somewhat "fresh" look on the genre, so I hope does well. I particularly like the amount of customization that they'll allow you to do within the game. Wonder how far you can go with the players?

Posted: March 25, 2010 4:01 AM
    Insipidus7
  • dimeslime

This game is gonna rock IMO, the only thing I'm worried about is it not being NFL. It doesn't bother me personally but I wanna play this with my friends and they are sports fanatics!! No real life teams or players is gonna be a big problem for them.

I showed this to a buddy cuz I was so excited and he said he will stick to Madden because of it, I was just like what???? He buys Madden year after year and they are basically the same fricken game, just minor tweaks here and there. Does that not get boring?? I've been waiting for a game like this for a long time, hope it doesn't get overlooked

Posted: March 24, 2010 11:20 PM
    dimeslime
  • unrewindable

I am excited about this game and am planning on buying it. The one thing I have noticed from the trailers and gameplay is no weather. To me weather is a big deciding factor in a real game of football and hopefully will be incorporated with this game.

Posted: March 24, 2010 9:03 PM
  • shushine

Why does this name sound familiar?

Posted: March 24, 2010 6:47 PM
    shushine
  • Lutenant_Dan

sports games are the same year after year. no matter what you say you know im right. this game might actually have potential however to be different... might have to check it out

Posted: March 24, 2010 5:00 PM
    Lutenant_Dan
  • Ricky_K

This is an iphone game, and its really good on the iphone. You should go Play it!!!!!

Posted: March 24, 2010 6:07 AM
    Ricky_K
  • reaganomics83

if the gameplay is great, i think sports games of this type will catch on. they should do the same for basketball, baseball,etc. a game like this without a nfl,nba, or mlb license will allow games to have better development than licensed games becuase they won't have to be hurried to meet any deadlines whichis usually before the respective season. licensed sports games generally only have about a year to develop, which usually leads to little or no innovation. not having that license will allow sports games to be better developed, without us gamers having to worry about those patches needed as a result of rushed development.

Posted: March 23, 2010 1:11 PM