Exclusive Splinter Cell: Conviction Reservoir Preview

Posted: March 22, 2010
Exclusive Splinter Cell: Conviction Reservoir Preview
Producer Alex Parizeau and Lead Designer Steve Masters give X-Play an exclusive sneak peek at the Reservoir level of Splinter Cell: Conviction. See never before footage of the level and find out how it fits into the story in this preview.

• SliQuid

im a fan of the splinter cell series even tho some pissed me off highly bc of bogus alarms..this one looks completely revamped and if what they are saying is correct(i havnt played a demo yet) about them forcing the action on u thats a major dissapointment bc the stealth aspect is what i liked about the game..they are not making many stealth based games anymore bc i guess new gamers love the run and gun in which i completely hate..i like to scope out the terrain, develop a strategy, and make a move based on stealthy techniques..guess i will just have to wait and see

Posted: March 24, 2010 10:47 AM
    SliQuid
  • ABXPuPpeT

ha haaa your quite the moron that you are PS3fears360 xD first off there was never an up roar when Mass Effect 2 came out ha haaa so get over yourself, and the ApocalyPS3 only happened for what a couple of days compare it the RROD its a life time, and bottom of barrel? are you stupid that's the main concern when someone purchase a 360 systems, and yah i bashed on this game and its series alone didn't mean i was bashing on the 360 ha haaa that's the problem with you 360 fanboys you hear the word crap you think "360" ha haaa an your line up is also crap buddy the only game that would i think that's worth playing would be Alan Wake, fable 2 was crap what makes you thing 3 would be any better, and wow Halo Reach the expansion of an expansion ha haaa xD, Portal 2 for real? dude? you play that? "oh look i shoot wall and now i on other side" xD its ok your an idiot its makes it easy for us to spot an idiot cause your user name labels you as a 360 fanboy moron

Posted: March 24, 2010 7:24 AM
    ABXPuPpeT
  • PS3fears360

The PS3 fanboys are truly trying to throw out every insult and excuse they can b/c they are upset they can't play Splinter Cell Conviction on the PS3. I mean come on ABXPuPpeT. If the Splinter Cell series was such a "flop" and if every entry in the series did so poorly then why would Ubisoft even bother wanting to keep making a game they were losing money on genius. And bringing up the RROD guys? Really? Keep reaching for the bottom of the barrel for excuses guys! Wasn't you guys who recently had the ApocalyPS3? Geez I thought the PS3 fanboys were bad when Mass Effect 2 was released. Now you guys are getting even more nervous as Splinter Cell Conviction's release draws near. I can only imagine how insanely jealous you guys will be when Alan Wake, Crackdown 2, Halo Reach, Fable 3, and Portal 2 (and thats only part of the 360 lineup) are released.

Posted: March 24, 2010 4:27 AM
    PS3fears360
  • ABXPuPpeT

wow can you say GARBAGE this game looks like crap, its gonna flippy flop just like the other splinter cell games ha haaa xD

Posted: March 23, 2010 11:41 PM
    ABXPuPpeT
  • PS3fears360

Lol! Wow PS3 fanboys. I mean seriously wow. First off spicypooptastic did you not see the NPD #'s for last month? 360 outsold the PS3 and Wii. And to deathsdelivery calling Mass Effect 2 and Fable generic give me a break. You must be confusing those games with MAG. And last but not least Splinter Cell is not ripping off Uncharted 2. Splinter Cell helped make stealth and covering systems in games what they are today. Sorry Sony fanboys but all of your negativity is not going to bring Splinter Cell Convicition to the PS3.

Posted: March 23, 2010 4:14 PM
    PS3fears360
  • Hallowethe

Looks great. I hope this game does well, even with its core fans/community consistently complaining about the new approach. "Complaining" might be too strong a word....more like "expressing their doubts." I have had my doubts since the game was announced, and I still do. I played the demo, and it was fun, to an extent.

I hope this ends up being well-respected by gamers and reviewers, and perhaps end up being GOTY material. I really do. While I doubt it could live up to that caliber, I still hope that it does.

Posted: March 23, 2010 1:57 PM
    Hallowethe
  • i'mbillymitchell

is tom clancy involved, because if he wrote it good luck.

Posted: March 23, 2010 12:18 PM
    i'mbillymitchell
  • macsmister

That looks completely awesome. I just can't wait to get my hands on this game! Played the demo over and over again. It does give you incentive to kill more but you can go through the demo level using stealth only.

Posted: March 23, 2010 12:06 PM
    macsmister
  • fatman2008

Anyone here played it? I have and I for one was rather disappointed.

I mean the game was beautiful, and some of the new action moves were very intense. I just didn't really like the new control scheme or how they force the action on you.

My favorite part of the old SC games was being able to stealth your way through an entire level without having to kill an enemy. You could avoid them all together (very hard) or you could just knock them out, or use the EMP emitter on your tranquilizer pistol to distract them with another object.

Hell you can't even prone in conviction, and you are forced to kill people...I mean I realize Sam Fisher is pissed off, but seriously it would make his day a lot easier if he wasn't running through buildings just popping everyone.

Posted: March 23, 2010 11:02 AM
    fatman2008
  • goodbiscuits

Any chance there might be any variety in the environments(a la Pandora Tommorrow)? Looked kinda meh.

Posted: March 23, 2010 10:03 AM
    goodbiscuits
  • layzie45

576p is a turnoff for this game.

Posted: March 23, 2010 9:25 AM
    layzie45
  • Ler983

I know no one cares much for this... but is it possible to go through the whole game without killing anyone ala batman arkham asylum?

Posted: March 23, 2010 9:09 AM
    Ler983
  • -John-

Is Lambert the "friend"?

I freakin' hope so! Lambert's awesome!

Posted: March 23, 2010 3:04 AM
    -John-
  • angryman038

Played this demo and it was great. It was really awsome playing a game that wasn't loaded with stupid QTE. Though god of war was still great heavy rain can burn.

Posted: March 23, 2010 2:18 AM
    angryman038
  • RaddaRadda023

Looks likes an Uncharted rip-off.

Posted: March 22, 2010 9:45 PM
    RaddaRadda023
  • mittens1231

looks awesome. sucks my warrenty expired though.

:( hopefully my girlfriend will buy it for her 360

Posted: March 22, 2010 9:05 PM
    mittens1231
  • Rob_591

"Looks like a typical generic fail game on the failbox 360.

did I mention fail? the 360 is dead no one is buying those RROD machines anymore."

Posted: March 22, 2010 7:31 PM
    Rob_591
  • ultra man 38

i cant play demo. i not goldmember. nooooooooooo

Posted: March 22, 2010 6:59 PM
    ultra+man+38
  • ManWhoWasNotThere

played the demo, and kept saying "god damn this game is pretty" hopefully the story doesnt play out like it did in the demo (i know they skip some scenes, i'm just talking about the fact that that scene in 3rd echelon where they start talking about the EMP feels really tacked on and forced, hopefully they do it better in the full game.

Posted: March 22, 2010 6:28 PM
    ManWhoWasNotThere
  • Topshonuff

I have all the games.. Big fan.. I'm sure number 5, won't disappoint us..

Posted: March 22, 2010 5:52 PM