Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction Demo Gameplay

Posted: March 18, 2010
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction Demo Gameplay
Want to test out Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction? Get your renegade butt on Xbox Live and download the demo that just went live today.

• codename76

I really liked the demo and I like the direction they took with the game. The previous Splinter Cell's were slower paced and the character always felt weak. The demo was way too short but does allow you to replay the same scenario in different ways. I think the graphics could be improved compared to what I've seen out there of current gen games. The dialogue was kinda cheesy too e.g. mr blonde ponytail douchebag. I've preordered the game and can't wait to get my hands on it.

Posted: March 21, 2010 12:07 PM
    codename76
  • FtWorthRaised

Why is it that whenever someone critiques or give an opinion they get a thumb down?

The demo is okay, but for people who own all the older Splinter Cells this one is completely different. I like the Sonar Goggles and the Mark and Execute (at times), but I wish that it wasn't mandatory to have to kill people like the older games. At least they won't have that annoying thing from Double Agent where if you knock someone out you lose a certain 100%.

The fast pace doesn't bother me necessarily, but I just hope that they compensate with longer levels because even if you sneak, like I do, you can breeze through this portion of the level very quickly! The game LOOKS great to me, but that black and white filter in the shadows is disorienting when the whole point in most of the changes was to make you feel like you were Sam Fisher. I know Ubisoft wanted to limit the HUD, but they could have just brought back the shadow gauge which was unobtrusive in the first place when they decided to remove it in the 360 Double Agent.

I think long time players of Splinter Cell won't enjoy the single player too much, but will probably love the multiplayer. I'm sad that they took away the great Spies vs. Mercs though, so they really need to have at least 10 hours + a piece in single and coop because that's the only appeal they have since they took away competitive multiplayer.

Let's hope the full game has tougher levels than the one in the demo.

Posted: March 20, 2010 3:06 PM
    FtWorthRaised
  • nothinonme

is it just me or dose the AI seem extremely dumb?

Posted: March 20, 2010 9:58 AM
    nothinonme
  • tha504headbussa

To begin, I just want to say I hate Ubisoft for making the demo so short...ugh....if only it was a little bit longer. Overall, I cannot wait to get my hands on this game...this game is beginner friendly for those who play on the beginner level...I play it on realistic, and it offers a great challenge....previous splinter cell owners will be blow away at the smoothness and feel of the game....the last known position is a great feature that is extremely helpful....I do not use it often, because I combine stealth with my mark and execute, but when I use it, remaining stealthy after being spotted is easy...in the end, I love what Ubisoft has done with this series, I only wish they would have kept the real versus mode (spy vs. mercs) in the series....April 13th cannot come soon enough...

Posted: March 19, 2010 3:09 PM
    tha504headbussa
  • Tim_1138

This demo got me on-board even though I was completely uninterested previously.

Posted: March 19, 2010 6:28 AM
    Tim_1138
  • sandboxgamer

Is it just me or does the voice over sound weird the dialogue god awful and the acting horrible? Still the gameplay looks good hopefully they game will get ported to PS3 but if it doesent after what i have seen i wont be that bent out of shape.

Posted: March 18, 2010 6:12 PM
    sandboxgamer
  • CamaroAdam

Is this game an exclusive? I would like to have it for PS3, I don't trust my 360 anymore to buy new games for it. Looks pretty good though, i think i'll try out the demo for myself.

Posted: March 18, 2010 5:25 PM
    CamaroAdam
  • MNM1245

I really enjoyed it. The controls were nice and the features like Mark and Execute are just fun to use. I played through on realistic though and it was hardly even tough. I really thought it would've been more of a challenge. Hopefully we were only facing off against the basic enemy AI and later in the game we will face off with much more difficult opponents that are really a challenge.

Posted: March 18, 2010 1:42 PM
    MNM1245
  • marcosis82

There is definitely a difference between this new game and previous versions of Splinter Cell. I don't know if the its only in the demo but it does not have the IR, EM(vision), a permanent "jump" button, and the ability to toggle shoulder view from left to right. Even without these features the demo still rocked. Mark and execute feature is pretty cool and its nice having the ability to mark enemies even when you don't have the execute feature. The sonar goggles are different but also pretty cool, that is until you move and the picture starts to distort. You can play the game faster if you'd like or sit back and look for alternative paths. It is short but then again it is a demo and I understand them not wanting to release to much of the game before it comes out. Overall I really like the demo can can't wait for the full version of the game and I can't wait to play some multiplayer.

Posted: March 18, 2010 1:04 PM
    marcosis82
  • ColeTrain

they should have put a co op level too if they was going to make it that short but it is AWESOME

Posted: March 18, 2010 1:00 PM
    ColeTrain
  • Da_Reverberator

The game feels and controls a little faster than I thought it would being a noob to the stealth genre. I liked it. The atmosphere was nice. So far, it seems very welcoming to first timers like myself. The only problem I had was press the wrong buttons which is my fault. can't wait to play the finished product,

Posted: March 18, 2010 12:46 PM
    Da_Reverberator
  • cheesypoofs

that was pure awesome

Posted: March 18, 2010 12:40 PM
    cheesypoofs
  • Completist

Mark-and-execute and the silouette features are cool. Those saved my ass quite a few times in the demo. I can't wait for the full game in a month. Kudos, Ubisoft. :)

Posted: March 18, 2010 12:17 PM
    Completist
  • BlueRectangleOfLife

well...I liked it! (after i figured out you can mark->stealth kill->and then execute)

Posted: March 18, 2010 12:11 PM
    BlueRectangleOfLife
  • d3stroyer427

What a shock, no PC demo. Ubisoft....Just stop making PC games. It's obvious that you don't care about our market, so don't even waste our time! Between the gaming heresy that was the AC2 DRM, to this, it's obvious that your heart just isn't in it for the PC anymore.

Posted: March 18, 2010 12:07 PM
    d3stroyer427
  • afrothunder 808

The game is good, the PEV is a good idea, I don't think it's not a noob friendly. It's a tactic straegy. I try it and It's hard to find which I should target and which i can play with them. The story is really in depth, now he's agressive and more smooth in agility. In the third and forth game, the shimming and the pile climb was slow and takes too long to get to the other side. Best feature in this game is the projecting your objectives in the game so you won't have to stop and look at your PSA. His takedowns are more brutal, droping down on him and then either snap his neck, or kick his face. Plus I like the change of color, but i wish you can tell if you slightly in the light. The goggles are is a good tool the sonar is not a bad idea. espacially when you work alone. I can't wait for this game. just one more month and then, let see what happen to Sam

Posted: March 18, 2010 12:05 PM
    afrothunder+808
  • SuperSmasher

I've been waiting for this demo to see if I like the new game. So far, I am taking an interest into it.

Posted: March 18, 2010 11:56 AM
  • JDarkley

Downloading it now. This is the game I'm anticipating for this year now that I've already beaten Mass Effect 2.

Posted: March 18, 2010 11:50 AM
    JDarkley
  • JustTheBeginning

This reminds me a lot of MGS4, which was not my kind of game so probably will not be interested in this.

Posted: March 18, 2010 11:40 AM
    JustTheBeginning
  • Liquid Swords

Descent but I wasn't blown away. Don't like the black & white color thing and I don't like the instructions on the walls and objects. I also fear that the enemy scan and the mark and execute feature will make the game less challenging and noob friendly.

Posted: March 18, 2010 11:30 AM