Feedback: Xbox 360 Wins February, Borderlands DLC, And When Is Gears of War 3?

Posted: March 17, 2010
Feedback: Xbox 360 Wins February, Borderlands DLC, And When Is Gears of War 3?
We're back in Studio B after a long week at GDC, which we'll wrap up alongside the February NPD sales results, Epic Games' plans for 2010 and beyond, and a DLC sampler platter.

• Thesmurfman

And so another god of G4 begins to rise...The almost naked...Blair Herter.

Posted: April 1, 2010 7:45 PM
    Thesmurfman
  • Cathartic Denoument

LOL
    "Triad Retirement Package", "Triad Farm".

Puahahahahah..."Blair Shirter - Sessler Stalker". XD ROFLOL

Posted: March 29, 2010 10:39 PM
    Cathartic+Denoument
  • REmaster0514

This should be on tv instead of cops or unbeatable banzuke.

Posted: March 23, 2010 2:44 PM
    REmaster0514
  • Slayinfool

I'm all for bringing back old maps into the lastest game. It's very cool that they do that. However, I don't want to pay for them, again. I paid for them already when I bought COD4.

Interesting observation though. Treyarch released 3 map packs for World at War. 3 new maps in each one plus a new zombie level for 800 points. I could justify paying 1200 points for those rather then this pack for MW2.

Posted: March 23, 2010 2:32 PM
    Slayinfool
  • shortbus421

this is my biggest gripe about xbox live . not only do you have 2 buy games which i do u have 2 pay for the same kind online experience to me that you get on the psn for freetrust me i have both. and then have the galls 2 charge us 15 bucks for map packs. does this sound like a great deal to you . if it does you need 2 have your head checked. its almost like you never actually totally pay for the game.not only do you shell out 60 bucks for the game u pay 2 play it onlin e which is bull and you pay for stupid map packs that already should have been paid for. this is really ridiculous microsoft and people who buy your prpoducts like myself deserve better . microsoft needs 2 ppreciate its customers more especially now with the economy in the shape its in everyone needs 2 let microsoft know this and maybe just maybe we wont have to spend a fortune playing on xbox live .sorry i goy off the disscusion but this really ticks me off and i know alot more who feel the same way.

Posted: March 23, 2010 11:13 AM
    shortbus421
  • Slayinfool

Personally I feel Bungie is alot better at taking care of the community then Infinity Ward has been. $15 dollars for 3 new maps seems high to me considering all the problems with the game that I have experienced. The MW2 experience as NOT been all happy and joyful towards me. Thankfully most of the glitches and hacks have been fixed, and the lastest "Ice Skating" glitch I hear will be fixed in the next update coming this March? However, all that leaves me feeling like.... Whats Next???? Doesn't give me the greatest confidence in the product.

The show brings up a good point though. Bad Company 2 is out right now and I don't feel the need to purchase new maps right now at all for MW2. Certainly not at 15 bucks. Besides, Left4Dead2's "The Passing" comes out this month also, and thats a must buy! MW2 maps are gonna wait. Not ready to break open the piggy bank just yet.

Posted: March 23, 2010 10:32 AM
    Slayinfool
  • ddyer89

I think Abbie does make a good point but still there are some other factors you have to look at, alot of us don't get DLC until later when it's cheaper a good example was with halo 2 after so long the maps just became free and now with a lot of the stuff the prices stay the same and not every one can afford it, the deal of the week thing that xbox is doing is nice but its not always what you want and if you go and look you can still see stuff like GH2 songs that are the same price I believe that even if its DLC they should at least lower the prices after a set period of time or do something like Gears of War where you bought that one DLC and it had everything BUT at the same time they had a cheaper version for the people that already had everything so in a way it was like a win win situation. Its not necessary that I am complaining about the DLC price its that i'm talking about how the price of the stuff doesn't decrease because you will notice as stuff gets older the games have those players that are really good at the game or the game won't have many players at all and that makes it hard to find a match. I feel like I have a good point does anyone else agree?

Posted: March 23, 2010 6:30 AM
  • PhoenixFlair

....... the girl is okay most of the time. when it comes to people ragging on activision, it's clear she gets annoyed, and how she acts annoyed gets me annoyed. she's cool, don't get me wrong, but she's talking about bitching, and she's kinda doing it herself.... argg.... i'm a bad person aren't i... T_T i'm sorry, i just had to say. the irony.... but really, don't get me wrong. she's cool. most of the time.

Posted: March 22, 2010 11:04 PM
    PhoenixFlair
  • daddy1c3

How can I get my weekly feedback on my psp?

Posted: March 22, 2010 6:08 PM
    daddy1c3
  • Slymerz

If the prices of dlc are climbing for less content then the prices of full version games needs to drop.

Posted: March 22, 2010 3:32 PM
    Slymerz
  • BabyCancer

I just got the Heavy Rain DLC from my pre order bonus, not worth it. It provided about an hour of gameplay. I felt like Ubisoft was working with Quantic Dream to figure out how to make the crappiest dlc ever

Posted: March 22, 2010 12:46 PM
    BabyCancer
  • Tepidjava

Could someone please do a split screen of Hope from FF XIII (on the menu screen where you switch between characters) and Abbie Heppe. Eerie. Don't feel bad Abbie. Square Enix is notorious for making their male characters extremely pretty.

Posted: March 22, 2010 12:01 PM
    Tepidjava
  • beastabubbles

I tried reading an fully understanding Hakuna matata's comment....but I'm too good at reading to do that......please spell right if you would like to prove a point lol. Especially for a H-I-N-T

Posted: March 22, 2010 10:10 AM
  • beastabubbles

I agree with you about the assault of game releases. I love all these awesome games coming out, but my wallet doesn't. I don't have hundreds of dollars and a time machine to have the ability to buy all of the games, and then have time to enjoy them. It's kind of annoying when I love the games coming out, and have anticipated them, but I literally CAN'T play them.

Posted: March 22, 2010 9:45 AM
  • Hakuna matata

I hope Sony doesn't push out move too much is seams its a risk roll of the dice cause it can help in PS3 sales or it can heart it cause it seams they relay on it too much. Sony have to show a stand alone hardcore game exclusive game cause the people see the PS3 as a hard core system. 'hit' House of the dead...would be nice

Posted: March 22, 2010 2:52 AM
    Hakuna+matata
  • SynicVance

To me I don't think about DLC in terms of "how much entertainment" I get out of it because different people get more or less use out of different things. I do it by the amount of resources used to make the DLC. Full retail for MW2 is around 60 bucks, this DLC is 15 bucks, 1/4 of that price. Did Activision/Infinity Ward put in 1/4 of the resources they put into the original game into making 3 new maps and 2 old ones. No. It's not even close. I could get hours of entertainment out of a deck of cards yet they still only cost like 5 bucks a deck because the resources it takes to make the deck is very low cost. I shouldn't be paying a quarter of the price of a full game for a fraction of content for multiplayer.

Posted: March 21, 2010 9:26 PM
    SynicVance
  • thebeas

great show guys

Posted: March 21, 2010 7:13 PM
    thebeas
  • krypto74

I love dlc as much as the next guy, and I did play Modern Warfare 2 to enjoy the single player story, but the reason I buy dlc is to expand the story (Dragon Age, Oblivion, and mass effect). Map packs are not my thing. I've already sold my copy of Modern Warfare 2. It's not something I can discuss. The cost of ALL DLC is too expensive.

Also, GoGo dancing is not stripping! Augh!

Posted: March 21, 2010 6:51 PM
    krypto74
  • devilwalks3

it just occurred to that move might require up to 8 of the main move controllers and 4 of the sub controlers and the eye to work. that's 13 accessories for a full family possibly while it might be less the full set is no less than 9 items. the natal can work for i believe 7 people with one item. this might be a deciding factor between the motion controlled options. do i potential spend 50 dollars a pop on move controls with out a game or a one time 50-100 dollar expense on the natal. the natal just seems much cheaper for more people right out of the box

Posted: March 21, 2010 5:53 PM
    devilwalks3
  • slagathor44

On GOW3 what do you guys think the teaser you get after getting the platinum trophy is. i personally hoped that it will be some dlc or a another Gow game for psp. whatever it is i hope they dont decide to make a GOW4. This third one feels like a great place to stop the story. not the franchise, but the story

Posted: March 21, 2010 12:15 PM