Hands On With SOCOM 4 and PlayStation Move

Posted: March 15, 2010
Hands On With SOCOM 4 and PlayStation Move
Seth Luisi, Game Director for Zipper Interactive, gives a preview of the PlayStation 3 game SOCOM 4 which uses the new PlayStation Move Motion Controller. Find out how the mechanics of the game work in this preview.

• GaRcHoW

This game looks nothing like Socom.
    No classic view
    lame OTS L1 Zoom
    Health regen
    dedicated grenade button
    no voice commands
    Lack of pre mission lobby
    Story dictated gameplay
    Cover system that kills free leaning, and prone leaning.
    R3 scope zoom instead of D-pad zoom.
    etc. etc.

This game is a Socom imposter, Its Uncharted in Spec Ops clothes. The Ops Comm looks like a GQ model gone Merc. The two bone head SEALs are wearing desert camo in a Jungle AO.

Posted: October 14, 2010 4:41 PM
    GaRcHoW
  • GaRcHoW

This game looks nothing like Socom.
    No classic view
    lame OTS L1 Zoom
    Health regen
    dedicated grenade button
    no voice commands
    Lack of pre mission lobby
    Story dictated gameplay
    Cover system that kills free leaning, and prone leaning.
    R3 scope zoom instead of D-pad zoom.
    etc. etc.

Posted: October 14, 2010 1:59 PM
    GaRcHoW
  • kawboi

Has anyone noticed that all the MOVES launch titles are third person games. SOCOM,RE5,EYEPET. If this were truly that great,why don't we see any compatability with upcoming titles such as Black ops,or Brink ,FPS in general . I really don't see Playstation Move ever becoming the controller of choice for hardcore gamers.

Posted: July 31, 2010 10:55 PM
    kawboi
  • UnFazzed

Tell you the truth I really don't know why you men/women are stressing the PlayStation MOVE y'all should be happy that they giving us options on using either the MOVE or Dualshock 3 really it shouldn't matter and if y'all think the MOVE is going to ruin the game y'all really need to notice that if you nice with the MOVE or Dualshock 3 y'all need to get better and I'm a going to tell y'all more I've been there for Socom and the only thing that let me down was the the timing for updates and coding.
    And for the record I'm going to use Dualshock 3 but if y'all say is going to be to easier or harder to shoot and play online either or you got SMACKED get better cause whether we use MOVE or not ain't going to be no additional skills cause you use the Dualshock or MOVE. SO STOP STRESSING IT AND BE POSITIVE CAUSE BEING NEGATIVE YOU AIN'T GOING NO WHERE.

Posted: April 4, 2010 10:43 PM
    UnFazzed
  • SizzlewickMagicfart

@ christof

It's in pre alpha, so theres still alot to be done, don't say anything if your not well informed,you just come off as a butt muncher

Posted: March 16, 2010 10:55 AM
    SizzlewickMagicfart
  • christof_

No people. It's exactly like the WII. Did you see that fighting game video on AOTS?? Punchout on the WII was more responsive than that

Posted: March 16, 2010 10:32 AM
    christof_
  • The_US_Assassin

adam seems to contradict himself from what i watched in the 2nd feedback videol.

Posted: March 16, 2010 7:28 AM
    The_US_Assassin
  • diggylee

SOCOM 4 is what kept me interested in the PS Move while watching Sony's press event. Outside of the PS3 now being a "Wii HD" there is promise that good shooters can work with motion. That said i'd probably play the single player with Move as it's different and the triggers look better on the Move than the DS3s L2/R2. Multiplayer would be played with a DS3 depending on how precise the 1 to 1 actually turns out for me.

Posted: March 16, 2010 12:25 AM
    diggylee
  • SirCitadel

the question is WHY would i want to use the move controller for this game.

Posted: March 15, 2010 10:52 PM
    SirCitadel
  • gamermoney

It's good to know I have the option to use it I guess. After I beat the game I know I'd probably go back and try single player with the move controls

Posted: March 15, 2010 8:36 PM
    gamermoney
  • BlazeKush420

Fire Seth and it would be a better game

Posted: March 15, 2010 8:35 PM
    BlazeKush420
  • B1ack_Blob

I don't think that simply using motion controls makes a game accesable to a "whole new audience of gamers". Casual gamers like the motion controls of the wii because of the fun, easy games that it's used for. I don't see random people going out and buying a ps3 and the move controller (plus the second part of it) just to play a shooter game that may or may not be any fun. They already have the wii, and I already think that socom is already accesable to all the people who would care about it. And I doubt most ps3 gamers that will get this game will go out and buy a 40-60 dollar controller on top of a 60 doller sequal to a not very good game.

Posted: March 15, 2010 7:59 PM
    B1ack_Blob
  • Symicide

Wow, I just need to post this anywhere.

"Black was horrific. I was really excited to play it then it turned out blowing. Single Player Shooters will never be good. Shooters are about competition, but they also need a decent campaign for when your internet goes out. Hopefully the superior tech of 360 will enable true environmental modification with guns, not just a 2nd path with destructible walls in your way...."

This guy is a total EFF'in LOSER! Black was a great game and its a shame we won't be recieving a sequal. Video games must or should always be at least 50% campaign 50% MP. And the PS3 have better tech, GOW III didn't even use half of the PS3's power. Iuno whatever...

Posted: March 15, 2010 7:34 PM
    Symicide
  • Velocity2k

I wonder what "whole new audiance" is Sony trying to attract? The only people who are gonna play SOCOM are people who like realistic military tactical shooters. The Move won't change the overall experiance and, from looking at a video of someone playing SOCOM with Move, it doesn't look like it adds a whole lot to the experiance.

It just doesn't make since to drop a whole lot of cash for a new controller for a game that works just fine with your old controller. The thing that will move Move off the shelves are games specifically designed for the device not games modified to work with it.

Posted: March 15, 2010 7:26 PM
  • JustTheBeginning

Yea, they are in no way trying to convince Socom fans to do anything (they are too hardheaded anyways). They are just trying to drawl in a new crowd to the "Socom" name, not really surprising really. I am sure Confrontation scared off a few people who tried Socom for the first time on the PS3.

Posted: March 15, 2010 7:06 PM
    JustTheBeginning
  • Gamelife1

Who ever said their gonna try to convince Socom players to use Playstation Move. Their just trying to expand their audience. Its not as if their taking away the Dualschock controller. I personally have never played Socom, but I will probably get it because I'm interested in Playstation Move. In contradiction to that, I have a friend who is a long time fan of the series and says he'll definitely still just use Dualshock 3. So, to each his own, you can't dislike more options.

Posted: March 15, 2010 6:26 PM
    Gamelife1
  • nerdVictory

Looks... okay... I guess.

Posted: March 15, 2010 6:21 PM
    nerdVictory
  • kwhill00

Seth just SHUT UP!!!! the more that comes out of your mouth the more crap falls out of your pants. All you do is lie and stretch the truth. You talked up constapation and it sucked; now you want to talk up and hype the move for SC 4 and it is going to suck too. you know why,because you SETH are saying it is going to be the whole experience. My ass!!!!! just go stick your head in the toilet and stay away from the SOCOM series period!!!!

Posted: March 15, 2010 6:12 PM
    kwhill00
  • FallenSegal

I would like to know Adam's honest opinion on just how responsive and how well the Playstation Move worked whilst playing Socom 4. Is it really as good as Sony wants us to believe it is, or is this going to just be another hype machine product?

Posted: March 15, 2010 5:45 PM
    FallenSegal
  • ProudFilipino

This game better make up for Confrontation! and I dont think anyone is going use the Playstaion move when they play online multiplayer

Posted: March 15, 2010 5:40 PM