GDC 2010: The Shoot Interview

Posted: March 15, 2010
GDC 2010: The Shoot Interview
XDev Studios Senior Producer James Hawkins explains the all new PlayStation Move motion-controlled shooter called well... The Shoot at GDC 2010.

• diggylee

I'm all for a good on rails game and The Shoot looks to be a competent shooter. The name is very generic but then again it's based around a b-movie theme. I like the colors and artstyle they chose to go with as well. A retail release is a bold move for a new on rails shooter IP so hopefully the marketing is there.

Posted: March 15, 2010 11:39 PM
    diggylee
  • Da Las Icon

Did you see him spin around that looked so funny........ Move like an idiot.

Posted: March 15, 2010 9:25 PM
    Da+Las+Icon
  • Unbalanced

So great. I'm disabled and I want to play this game.

Wonderful way to lose customers sony.

full motion sucks ass. at least the wii kept it being about games and not jumping around for six hours.

if I want exercise I will do it myself thank you. I want to play a game, not something that will wipe me out in 2 hours.

Posted: March 15, 2010 4:23 PM
  • that_sterlin_kid

I can't wait for the Playstation Move.... It will be just like a wii! Just with much better quality, more sensitivity (even with the Wii Motion Plus), and of course, TROPHIES! I'm pumped.

Posted: March 15, 2010 4:07 PM
    that_sterlin_kid
  • catrachohn

now i have to give it to sony. the controls look really precise and maybe nathan will not have that kind of precision. but the problem with the wii was not only precision itself. what i think hurts the wii its the actual games. i can't imagine playing a GoW game with this controls. the only games that might actually work really well are shooters (but still need a lot of work, not convinced with socom), but other than that, i find it really hard to believe that these motion controls will work that much better than the wii's. (the same goes for nathal)

Posted: March 15, 2010 3:53 PM
    catrachohn
  • DriveShaft48

Do you think that sony went to all of the developers and limited their vocabulary to: "precision," "accuracy," and "responsiveness?"

Posted: March 15, 2010 3:13 PM
    DriveShaft48
  • freiteez

not only is it a generic title...its a generic reason as to how its different then a rail gun shooter. pretty much this is time crisis with body movement instead of a button you press to move out of the way?

Posted: March 15, 2010 2:55 PM
    freiteez
  • leakime

Ha nice excuse for why you are too lazy to make actual 3D models of your enemies.

Posted: March 15, 2010 1:50 PM