Vindictus GDC 2010 Trailer

Posted: March 12, 2010
Vindictus GDC 2010 Trailer
Adam Sessler said this free-to-play Korean MMO was one of his GDC highlights. See what the fuss is about in this trailer.

Games in this Video:

Vindictus (PC)

• elfrim

a free hack and slash game....LIKE MABINOGI!!?? but... IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE A PREQUAL!! BUT IT IS!! who wouldn't want finally try a "PS2" graphic MMO that's absolutly free of charge? UHHH, prejugdice people, duh!!
    that's like looking at a FREAKING HOT girl and you want to know her BUT!!
    you don't know she's a freakin dumb person with huge personal issues!!
    go look for someone who looks... i dunno... "normal" and get to know her instead and she might have a more exciting feel to you!!
    i personally love exciting things!! NOT things that were made to look at and play around with.
    things that were made to look at and play around with are like WoW or PW... the "Chinese Wow" ETC!!
    Mabinogi is EXCITING!! AND SO WILL THIS!!
    don't like it? then so be it. that's your opinion if you don't like it and
    OH, if you consider yourself a hardcore gamer and you stick to WoW
    well........................ ..... you're not.

Posted: April 17, 2010 2:55 PM
    elfrim
  • spexwood

Graphics really arent all that important in any game. Honestly, I am a little tired of people downgrading games today because their graphics are "PS2 quality."
    A game is all about gameplay and how fun it is to play, as well as the story line and character development.
    If you only concentrate on graphics, then you get some of those boring, crappy, no-fun-to-play, games that are 2 hours long and cost us a butt-load of money to buy... BUT WAIT, they are in beautiful HD quality!!!!!

I would rather play a game that is in PS2 quality (heck, even PS1 quality!) as long as it lasts me for months (at least), and is fun to play. Even better would be if it had a good storyline and well-done character development.
    Game developers today are ripping us off by spending most of their programming time on graphics and fewer time on the other aspects. Then, their final product turns out to be some 4 hour game with highly detailed graphics and mediocre gameplay. Then, they charge us like $60 to buy the piece of crap.
    You arent a real "gamer" if all you care about is graphics... if anything, you should just call yourself a "movie buff" or something, since you dont actually care about the GAME, but the graphic/film quality.

If Vindictus can put out fun and entertaining gameplay that lasts a super long time, and FREE service, then who gives a hoot if the graphics are PS2 quality!?!?! I sure dont, and Im sure any other real gamer wont either.

Posted: April 3, 2010 3:33 PM
    spexwood
  • Jemuzu

I really had just found out about this game say several weeks ago when I was looking for Mabinogi vids on Youtube. Then next thing I know I'm watching X-Play and on the bottom of the screen it mentions it coming to the U.S as Vindictus.
    I'm a fan of Mabinogi and this looks REALLY good coming from Nexon. However, Nexon is also known for having HUGE bugs with their releases (Anyone who wasn't able to log into Mabinogi when they released their latest Patch knows what I mean). But if this turns out to be as good as they say it is then I'm all up for it!

On a side note anyone ever notice that these MMO's typically have a female with large breasts on the cover? C'mon, Loading screens on Wow, Nao from Mabinogi, Civony, that one Facebook game? I know sex sells and all that but ya know, I try and convince my friends all the time that I'm not a perv, then they see what I'm playing and well...

Posted: March 20, 2010 6:09 PM
    Jemuzu
  • Madmen4815

So far, not my cup of tea. But I really need to see more gameplay to decide if I would play this.

Posted: March 19, 2010 12:43 PM
    Madmen4815
  • Silky08

Monster Hunter ish

Posted: March 19, 2010 9:56 AM
    Silky08
  • TheFinalOne

this game does look better then most free to play mmo and its going to be very difernt from the game play if you played most mmo p2p except connan or f2p at least there doing something differnt and uniqe then just the turn based style of play were mostly used to i hope that this one is good.

Posted: March 15, 2010 1:11 PM
    TheFinalOne
  • WAtER_LEvEL

holy crap its like an odd monster hunter game!!!

Posted: March 15, 2010 10:59 AM
    WAtER_LEvEL
  • wchild

u can move that camera angles freely by the way. the movie made it like that just to make it look better

Posted: March 15, 2010 10:52 AM
    wchild
  • valdan

mabinogi heroes ? it's finally coming to the u.s. yay ( ^0^) /

Posted: March 14, 2010 11:33 AM
    valdan
  • chantler

This game just made my radar

Posted: March 13, 2010 10:14 PM
    chantler
  • gamerbeing

nexon did this??? looks good to me. cant wait till this comes out. give everyone a break from grandchase......

Posted: March 13, 2010 7:06 PM
  • REV EFFECT

i was thinking the samething dubie22. when i first heard adam talking about it in the latest feedback fieldtrip, i couldnt help but think that this sounds a lot like mabinogi heroes and came to check out the vid to see that i was correct. why the hell did they change the name. if they hadnt done that then all of the people out there who played the original mabinogi would know that they are finally releasing it here in the states quicker than changing the name completely. basicly not everyone is going to fall in love with this and i know it wont tear away many WoW players but if you liked the original mabinogi and you dont mind the change in playstyle and better graphics than the first one then you should like this, especially since it still has some of the best things from the first one in it like all of the clothing options for all of those girls who liked that part of it.

if your somebody who lives in a western country or european country and you dont like anime related things then you should just stick with playing whatever you are playing. but it still is overall a good game that you should at least give a try....cmon its free what would it hurt to try.

Posted: March 13, 2010 6:32 PM
    REV+EFFECT
  • zenmastersamuraimonk

it made me think of onimusha so ill give it a go after all its free to play so whats the risk.

Posted: March 13, 2010 5:31 AM
    zenmastersamuraimonk
  • SPL33N

Just another imbalanced cash scam game.

Posted: March 13, 2010 3:48 AM
    SPL33N
  • tragedy93

Wow, the graphics look really great a game that is both: FtP and an MMO, great work guys! I had seen ads for Mabinogi Heroes and didn't realize this was the same game until it was pointed out as the ads for that game looked very bland and cartoony, but then again they were just logo type ads so I guess you can't really tell by that.

Posted: March 13, 2010 3:24 AM
    tragedy93
  • Dubie22

Huh, i guess they changed mabinogi heroes to vindictus in the states. I can't see why they would change the name but whatever, well if you like the trailer and can't find many videos wherever your looking search mabinogi heroes to my knowledge most mmo sites still use its korean name.

Posted: March 12, 2010 7:51 PM
  • Aldowyn

from the way it looks it seems to have some pretty unique mechanics for an MMO. I'll be cautious of it since it's coming from Korea (played way too many grind-heavy mmos from there), but it looks like it just might be pretty cool. Though I'm waiting for Jumpgate Evolution and SWTOR.

Posted: March 12, 2010 7:21 PM
    Aldowyn
  • Halbard

Actually I'm fairly interested now. I'm very fond of that style of PS2 like graphics. Shadow of the Colossus and Zone of the Enders 2 are both are my favorite PS2 games visually, and Mega Man Legends from the PS1 comes from that similar vein. So coupled that with the fact that means it won't be, or possible doesn't need to be, to taxing of a system is a really plus for me. I know a struggle with lag on SWG all the time so this has me hopeful. And I'll always be open to a new FtP MMO, especially if the FtP aspect is well done. Even if its not twitch based style and all of this is just well cut footage I'm going to be keeping an eye out for this.

+ prime PS2 era style graphics
    + possible cool game play
    + FtP MMO

Posted: March 12, 2010 6:21 PM
    Halbard
  • Variand

another Korean FtP MMO set in a fantasy world with trailers making it look like a God of War Hack-n-Slash knock off which never pans out to be anything near as such.

Nothing special here. I think I'll just wait for Star Wars: The Old Republic and keep playing Star Trek Online till SWTOR arrives.

I still miss SWG before it died.

Posted: March 12, 2010 5:27 PM
    Variand
  • Dynamo903

Was cool until the end revealed it's anime.

Posted: March 12, 2010 4:15 PM