Feedback Fieldtrip -- GDC 2010 Edition

Posted: March 12, 2010
Feedback Fieldtrip -- GDC 2010 Edition
Join Adam Sessler, Andrew Pfister, Abbie Heppe and Patrick Klepek at GDC 2010, as they breakdown: The PlayStation Move, SOCOM 4, Motion Fighters, surprising Heavy Rain sales, and the best games of the show.

• bossbetty

This controller looks like a special toy sold at a sweetheart shop! If they when with that route, I would've bought this attachment. Just think about how great that would be, and all of the games. Do I see a D.O.A. for women in the making? A new sleeve for the boys? Well, I'm looking forward to see how this perversion will play out, until that time, I'll be enjoying my innocent (yet faithful) Wii.

Posted: April 9, 2010 6:33 PM
    bossbetty
  • Fubared

The move controller is the "out" for all harder-core gamers from being forced to buy the wii. Also it gives gamers the ability to increase the there family interaction around there existing console. As a gamer this will stop me from buying a wii and having to split my game funds between two console. Move.... not new but completes a very complete system. Blueray, hardcore game machine, and fam. friendly game machine; all in one could be the end of the wii's dominance in sales wars.

Posted: March 18, 2010 1:39 PM
    Fubared
  • deleted_1D94F9CC-4502-43B2-967D-FEEB46B17DE7

555 thank you

http://jathummaigu.wordpress .com/

Posted: March 18, 2010 8:23 AM
    deleted_1D94F9CC-4502-43B2-967D-FEEB46B17DE7
  • paulthebest

"Lightsaber Game: Here it is, Finally." lmao.

Posted: March 15, 2010 4:58 PM
    paulthebest
  • Death2494

I will not support 8 motion controls. Ps3 can only handle 7 bluetooth devices at once.

Posted: March 15, 2010 4:39 PM
    Death2494
  • Thee Cakee

Why do we have Campus Pd over and over and over and not this?

Posted: March 15, 2010 1:06 PM
    Thee+Cakee
  • CLUNGEHUNTERPJ

i think the Move is quite cynical from Sony...they could do a Natal clone or a Wii HD, and they chose the wii. i think it would have been easier on both developers and the hardcore audience if games could easily ported from xbox to natal. i think Natal should have an *optional* wiimote so that they can have shooters and sword games. I don't think natal can manage those. thoughts?

Posted: March 15, 2010 11:55 AM
    CLUNGEHUNTERPJ
  • JimMD102

I was a little surprised by the high level of skepticism about move, but I guess it's better that they're more down to earth than I am. Though I was also skeptical about the 8(2 move controllers) thing. I am also happy that Heavy Rain is doing well. I bought it, wanting to support a game like that and I guess a lot of people felt the same way.

Posted: March 15, 2010 11:46 AM
    JimMD102
  • Death2494

It could just be me but i've been watching G4 ever since it was TechTV, and I honestly only see all white faces. Not that it's a bad thing because I'm accustomed to seeing Morgan, Kevin, and Sessler. But there doesn't seem to any diversity on the feedback panel except for that one guy, who I keep telling myself might be latino or biracial. Warzonegamer, Hiphopgamer, or especially N'Gai Coral would provide that diversity that panel seems to be lacking.
    On topic:
    This seemed more based on the negatives of "move" than the positives. It seemed like only Adam is the only person on the panel throwing them a bone. It seems that everyone is missing the key difference between the Wii and "Move". While Sony hasn't really stressed it either, it should be pretty obvious to see. There isn't any representation of the "Z" axis on the Wii, which mean it can't identify depth or distance from. Why people are taking issue with Sony not forcing "Move" on you concerns me. I thought having a choice was always better than not having one. There's a chance you might perform better with the "Move" then you would with the Dualshock3. If that's not the case then you have that choice to continue using the DualShock3. Sony is saying " look here's a new controller scheme, try it out and if you don't like it, fine." I'm not saying everyone should hail Sony for their attempt at motion control. Let's just recognize that it is pre-alpha and try not to be so critical of unfinished products. We all remember people jumping on David Jaffe after seeing the VGA God of War 3 trailer, and now people are eating crow after seeing the final build.

Will you guys do a feedback covering the game engine demos we've seen? You know like Cryengine2, Havok, and Epic's Unreal Engine 3.

Posted: March 15, 2010 11:15 AM
    Death2494
  • The_US_Assassin

Like this set up with the chairs.. Sorry but the PS3 Motion Plus is weak!!! its the wii on steroids.. i think Natal will be good though.

Posted: March 15, 2010 11:12 AM
    The_US_Assassin
  • stranger64

Possibly already been asked but is there a reason the show (last posted episode of Feedback was from the 3/3/10) is not getting posted to iTunes?

Posted: March 15, 2010 3:27 AM
    stranger64
  • pupster

great as always guys

Posted: March 14, 2010 11:25 PM
    pupster
  • Griffolian

I am quite skeptical in regards to another motion device. I loved the line about if Nintendo will not make the WiiHD then Sony will. I'm excited for E3.

Posted: March 14, 2010 1:00 PM
    Griffolian
  • Fex_Anderson

Bwa-ha-ha I know what choice with a gun you were talking about, Adam. I took the same path you did. Bwa-ha-ha!

Posted: March 14, 2010 12:46 PM
    Fex_Anderson
  • thePcgamer

Dude, Patrick's shirt looks like TV static....thats awesome! But great Feedback by the way and the lightsaber game needs to happen. Though i think Heavy Rain could work really well with natal. Just my thoughts.

Posted: March 14, 2010 12:27 PM
    thePcgamer
  • MentalCase950

Great work once again guys. Also, is anyone having trouble finding a PS3? It seems like every brick and mortar store I've been to in the last several weeks has been completely sold out. I wonder if Sony actually failed to anticipate God of War's ability to push their system?

Posted: March 14, 2010 10:50 AM
    MentalCase950
  • PattheMule

Ghost Dad reference FTW!!

Posted: March 14, 2010 9:05 AM
    PattheMule
  • Blue_Vortex

don't people know that no more heroes is the light saber game, ok in all honesty beam katana game

Posted: March 14, 2010 8:31 AM
    Blue_Vortex
  • Sage_Sakyia

Thing is though, when some of us work all day, or in my case, all night, 12 hour shifts, I'm tired, sore, and worn out from being super fast and moving around like a maniac, if I wanna play a game for an hour or 2 bed, what makes you think I'll have the energy to move around like those guys showing off the Wands were (the punching one, and the sword & shield one to name some), or care to? I'll wanna just be able to sit down with a controller in my hands and that's it.

Just saying, I hope games don't become really physical like that, requiring you to be physical with it.

Posted: March 14, 2010 12:58 AM
    Sage_Sakyia
  • ScrappedHeap

Along the lines of the lightsaber and rail-shooter games for Move, has any console ported the Star Wars Trilogy Arcade Game from almost a decade ago? That game was amazing and I can only assume that motion controls would enhance it. LucasArts if you're listening please release this game with the new tech.

Posted: March 13, 2010 11:21 PM