GDC 2010: Sony Playstation GDC Press Event

Posted: March 10, 2010
GDC 2010: Sony Playstation GDC Press Event
See the entire presentation from Sony's PlayStation Press Event at GDC 2010, including the PlayStation Move motion control and demos of Gladiator, Table Top Tennis, Fun House, Little Big Planet, Dukes and SOCOM.

• custardswans

The controller design does not live up to the premium Sony brand. It looks more like a Crayola device. Whilst the potential is definitely there, it is going to take 3rd party companies to invest in the equipment. Will they invest? Companies are risk adverse, so it will need someone making a WOW factor game to convince others to loosen their wallets. This might mean for the first 18 months we simply see more basic eye-toy games made for the Wii crowd. The SOCOM demo didn't seem to deliver anything in playability that a normal controller wouldn't deliver. However, I can see dragon age, Mass Effect 2 and EA games working well, which is good new for me.
    The price mentioned was $100 for the basic package [i.e. not including the additional controller which most non-Wii games will require. For that kind of investment I will require a device not next-gen [if we take Wii as first gen], but third-gen.

Posted: March 13, 2010 5:19 AM
    custardswans
  • Shaddy

Wow guess the rumors about a good number of the game makers for Wii were going to make ps3 games are true. If they do they had better make the games for ps3 much more visually appealing while not slowing down the fast action game play I'm used to instead of trying to be like the Wii sysytem. It would definitely rock the gaming world if Sony mixed easy account registration with multiple( at least 4) people on one ps3 system can play against multiple(at least 4) people on another system for if not I cannot see the point in having a party system on the ps3. mainly because it would be hard for people who are not technology inclined to get started and actually enjoy the party gaming experience which to me would sadly cause the ps3 system to flop( frustrated toddlers and old people reaction times don't mix with delicate Sony equipment). Because that to me was a major drawback on the xbox 360 with the registration process if you want to play online you can have an account and with ps3's free account setup we should see more people playing just for the trophy aspect. NICE BUSINESS MOVE SONY(oops hope i didn't jinks it LOL).

Posted: March 12, 2010 9:33 AM
    Shaddy
  • PS3_jmanxp

i want that song at the end that was a cool up beat version of that song

oh and yea i want that ps3 move A++ to sony

so i think i am going to buy a new ps3 bundle with the move just coz my 80 gig ps3 that plays ps2 has a busted BD-rom drive,i can still play my PSN gams and all,but just no BD games or flix :(

Posted: March 12, 2010 12:16 AM
  • PkrPlr4LIFE

From what I saw in the video Move needs to be priced at no more then 30 dollars. If some games are going to require 2 Moves, then for 2 people to play that's 4 controllers so more then 60 dollars for a single player control is absurd. i hope that Sony realizes that.

Posted: March 11, 2010 12:25 PM
  • gfryy

this seems fun with lbp. i hope u can just buy the playstation move , only so u dont waste ur money buying a new lbp even though u have the orginal lbp.if u wacth the rest of these vids theres a cool fighting game but u can only use ur hands i wish u could kick so u would have move moves.im not sure to buy this because u can get bored of this in a few minutes. if ur not a fan of wii then u might not be a fan of this.i guess its another form of exersise.the new sonocom looks kool. i dont know if its a remake or a another game of the seris of sonocom.im not going to buy this until adam says its at least good.

Posted: March 11, 2010 10:33 AM
    gfryy
  • GJam

I hope they dont get rid of the regular control, but i kinda like the vibrating controller

Posted: March 11, 2010 6:54 AM
    GJam
  • Darclin17

I don't know. I'm so burned out with peripherals that I can't imagine how this one is going to be worth my hard earned cash. I got burned with the Wii. Sony's really going to have to sell me on this one. Hmm... Maybe a Move controlled Tekken?

Posted: March 11, 2010 6:31 AM