Talkabouts: Infinity Ward & Activision Take It To The Courts

Posted: March 4, 2010
Talkabouts: Infinity Ward & Activision Take It To The Courts
The story that broke here on G4tv.com continues to develop, with ex-Infinity Ward execs Vince Zampella and Jason West filing a lawsuit against Activision. Adam Sessler and Patrick Klepek analyze what happened.

• cavemandave1975

so they are replacing IW with sledge hammer games wow they must have been planning this for a while what a screw job on IW

Posted: March 11, 2010 10:14 AM
    cavemandave1975
  • TheLegitMoose

WE REQUIRE MOAR CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARES!

Posted: March 11, 2010 9:59 AM
    TheLegitMoose
  • Seabazz777

All I have to say is this. Stop and think about the consumer. Call of Duty Mondern Warfare 2 in the end left all of us hanging. millions of us are sitting here waiting on a conlusive story. I get very saddend when things like this happen. if you are going to do this please make games that end not leave us hanging with Soap, Nicoli, and price getting on a helicopter. and the US still under siege. I just pray that this works out I know its just a game. but in all of our busy lives we need some kind of thing thats takes us away from the crap of life.

Posted: March 11, 2010 8:35 AM
    Seabazz777
  • Krogoth117

36 Million is less than dirt to Activision Blizzard, they are a merged company now and they are worth over 5 billion. Blizzard makes that 36 million in a month with ease from World of Warcraft. These guys are probably going for a lot more than 36 million.

Modern Warfare title should be handed over along with the 36 million. Unless the two men showed some severe actions that warranted their termination. With the information I know now I would say this seems very similar to the insurance companies dropping people only after they got injured.

Activision needs to get their stuff in order and start treating talent well. Otherwise they will be reduced to making movie based video games.

Blizzard needs to slap their partner for stepping on the fans. I love what blizzard does because of how they think of the fans. Starcraft 2 looks amazing and so does the new Battle.net both old yet new and shiny.

Posted: March 9, 2010 6:42 PM
    Krogoth117
  • Mattaphysic

Actually West and Zampella have been behind almost every COD so I think they're pretty important.. I mean it they sold a lot of copies of that game right? ha ha

Posted: March 8, 2010 7:20 PM
    Mattaphysic
  • enslavednumber

I think West and Zampella are simply ridiculous. They are not even the Game Designer of Modern Warfare...

Wanting to claim Modern Warfare games as their own is laughable. Call of Duty and Modern Warfare are rightfully owned by Activision.

Just like Words and Excel are rightfully owned by Microsoft. No way anyone can file a lawsuit to own Words and Excel just because he/she used to be a President of Microsoft Office Division.

If West and Zampella are so crucial to gaming community why is it that I don't see their own wikipedia page?? Mike Morhaime, Chris Metzen, Rob Pardo, even Dustin Browder has their own page...

Posted: March 8, 2010 6:29 PM
    enslavednumber
  • Warrior567

TRIAL TRIAL TRAIL!!!

Posted: March 8, 2010 5:33 PM
    Warrior567
  • ch0ptl1ver

thank you guys!

Posted: March 8, 2010 10:12 AM
  • MonkeyMann

This might sound biased but i personally dislike Bobby Kotick. No I've never met the man but i just don't like him (a lot of other people agree with me). Now somehow i think how unliked he is in the gaming community is going to come back and bite him on the ass. I can't say for sure how but i just know somehow its just going to get him in the end.

Posted: March 7, 2010 4:35 PM
    MonkeyMann
  • Annihil8tr13

So if IW wins, does that mean they get to decide when the next MW will be realised? Cause then they can take like 3-5 years to make MW3 and then that will be THE FPS that we should have gotten last year. (Not to say MW2 wasnt good, just wasnt the BEST FPS of all time. Still better than anything out there IMO.)

Posted: March 7, 2010 11:41 AM
    Annihil8tr13
  • mrsnowywaffle

karma at its finest

karma for making a broken game

Posted: March 7, 2010 9:54 AM
    mrsnowywaffle
  • Osamabama

Is it Just me or dose the New Medal of Honor Game look identical to Modern Warfare...

Posted: March 7, 2010 1:58 AM
    Osamabama
  • NetNapoleon

While I can see these two starting a studio at EA and taking a majority of the IW staff with them I think a different direction might be a little better. EA has changed its ways since these two were working there but I think ZeniMax might be a better option. ZeniMax gives a lot of room to its developers to do what they want which is what IW really needs. Plus, having talent from IW putting out games every 1-2 years, would give more money and time to ZeniMax's other studios to develop in financial security.

Posted: March 6, 2010 5:40 PM

Klok
  • infinitytomorrow

That's me playing MW2 in the background. Woot-machine

Posted: March 5, 2010 6:22 PM
    infinitytomorrow
  • awashi06

why in the hell did this have to happen before the third games release, I play this game for the story line not just online i love the story line i could not imagine what would happen without the control to the guys who original spear headed this game.

Posted: March 5, 2010 5:43 PM
    awashi06
  • chantler

Well it looks like video gamers are maturing even more. This sounds like your classic battle of creative vs. the machine, and that battle feels more Hollywood than Video game industry. Maybe one of the major news networks will pick up on this and do some reporting about it.

Posted: March 5, 2010 5:38 PM
    chantler
  • MartinJohnstone

Patrick have a nice relaxing week after this one i think you deserve some down time.

It has been great that you kept us up to date on all these machinations sterling job all around. I would hope for a quieter week for you guys but the my enjoyment of feedback would be reduced.

Posted: March 5, 2010 2:30 PM
    MartinJohnstone
  • TrggaMan

the site needs a talkabouts section under web shows

Posted: March 5, 2010 1:08 PM
    TrggaMan
  • BlakeKellermann

Didn't Activision form after employees left Atari because they didn't recieve their royalties. I find that a little ironic.

Posted: March 5, 2010 1:02 PM