Feedback -- The PS3 Clock Glitch and Trouble At Infinity Ward

Posted: March 3, 2010
Feedback -- The PS3 Clock Glitch and Trouble At Infinity Ward
The two hot topics of this already busy week were the PS3 having time management issues, and Infinity Ward just having regular management issues. Team Feedback discusses both.

• ashandaraei

How could you not, as the gaming-media, be aware of the problem that arises when you take DRM, or even DRM-related hardware/software implemented in your hardware/software; when anyone who has even looked at studying programming knows.... pretty much what is going on inside "OURS truly". We know what will happen when we allow uncracked software into our expensive machines.
    It seems that gamers today, for some idiotic reason, take for granted anything... simply because they do not want to be related to piracy in any way...

Posted: December 30, 2010 11:01 AM
    ashandaraei
  • MicrosoftPaysMeToo

It's tuesday night and there's still no question of the week thing so I'll just ask mine here. Last e3 I.W. announced at least 2 DLC packs for MWF2 but since then they havn't said anything about it (At least to my knowledge). So my question is do you know when the MWF2 DLC is gonna drop and what it will contain? I'm hoping theyll do more than the standerd 4 new maps and maybe give us new spec opp missions or a flashback map pack of the best CoD4 maps.

Posted: March 9, 2010 5:04 PM
    MicrosoftPaysMeToo
  • o_the_del

Real quick. A messed up internal clock may have been causing internal problems with the Sony network, but a bug like that could cause all other types of havoc. Especially for games where a lot of things depend on timing, if the clock has an invalid date it could cause all kinds of weird bugs in the code. Think of it this way, remember the Y2K bug. Very similar

Posted: March 9, 2010 12:12 PM
    o_the_del
  • Hacked-Life

BRING BACK THE FRAKING AUDIO VERSION!!!!

Posted: March 8, 2010 8:18 AM
    Hacked-Life
  • NemOmeN

The main thing that got under my skin though is how, after hours of this happening, when I called the support line they told me they didnt know what the error message was and that I had to pay around $150.00 and send it in for repairs!!! I'm pretty sure that they would have kept my hard earned money and not issued a refund when they realized there was no repairs needed as well!!!

Posted: March 7, 2010 1:10 PM
    NemOmeN
  • scorpian876

I believe that some one who knew about about the hard ware of the G.P.U. and C.P.U. chips
    inside of the PS3 really screwed up the online Sony website unpurposely .This is the first time this
    ever happened to the PS3 when the PS3 came out.I believe microsoft was behind this little fiasco
    for console competition to divert people from the PS3 to buy an X-box 360.Some who did work for
    Microsoft new about the architecture of the microprocessors chips inside of the PS3 and knew about the internal clock creating a glitch and unpurposely messed up Sony online.I am not trying to start
    a flame war,I find this glitch with Sony online a little suspicious !

Posted: March 7, 2010 9:54 AM
    scorpian876
  • Heretech-135

When you (Mr. Sessler) talked about IW hypothetically having an idea about a CoD set in the Space Age/SciFi genre, and Activision hypothetically didn't want to make the game, do you think it possible that they would take the game concept and work in concert with another studio just to see game created?

Posted: March 7, 2010 9:31 AM
    Heretech-135
  • ckystunt

typo- monady = monday

Posted: March 6, 2010 10:14 PM
    ckystunt
  • spiralking04

Great Feedback, it seems to be the beginning of the end for the Call of Duty franchise.

Posted: March 6, 2010 9:49 PM
    spiralking04
  • Shabazzrael

Okay Im not a huge fan of the Metroid series... I thought it was okay, but honestly I sucked at Metroid series for the NES, and I wasnt any better when I thought I was mack enough to try my hand at Super Metroid for the SNES. Metroid Prime was the only one I really liked cuz it was "Different" it was a new take on on the franchise I never thought they would of taken. Tho I wasnt all that good with that either I rather enjoyed it. But this whole "Loneliness" things, kinda get on my nerves. Not that I dont respect your opinions on it, but that whole its a "Lonliness" game grates on my nerves a bit.

Personally I like the -New- direction they wanna take it, I -LOVE- the fact they gave her a voice and a background story. Metroid needed this because whats the point in staying the -Same- forever where other games are trying to evolve or incorperate new things, and elements into a series thats pretty much been the same. Metroid isnt, for the old school gamers anymore, and me being the story/cinematic type gamer I'll be looking forward to this change... Though I will admit I do think she looks Weird... C'mon Team Ninja you do females better than that. Oh also... I want Link to have a voice finally

Posted: March 6, 2010 9:22 AM
    Shabazzrael
  • deleted_1D94F9CC-4502-43B2-967D-FEEB46B17DE7

I want PS3

http://jathummaigu.wordpress .com/

Posted: March 5, 2010 9:51 PM
    deleted_1D94F9CC-4502-43B2-967D-FEEB46B17DE7
  • lordfoulsbane2

I agree with Sterling, this points the way to how PS3 owners are at the mercy of Sony in a way that XBOX360 owners are not at the mercy of Microsoft. If you think you "own" an internet game, think again. You can play as long as the company allows you to play. If they goof up or go out of business, no game. But as long as I have my Borderlands CD I can play the game, regardless of how Microsoft goofs up or what happens with them. To be sure, consoles are not immortal and they can break down. But I can go on Amazon and get a used 360; where are you going to go if your internet game company goes belly up?

Posted: March 5, 2010 1:52 PM
    lordfoulsbane2
  • dockingbay97

Define irony:

Watching the G4 crew talking about cloud computing and the pitfalls of everything being online and then having their server crash mid viewing and not be able to re-connect to the next morning. I guess no late night viewing here.

Posted: March 5, 2010 10:50 AM
    dockingbay97
  • BiggC

The PS3 issue was and still is being blown out of proportion. Listening to your discussion makes it sound as if a problem occurred. Sony closed the doors and shut the blinds. All PS3s were busted. No games worked. The internet was unaccessible. It really was not as bad as it is still being called. Please understand that Sony was updating everyone by way of Twitter and the official Sony Playstation blog. The issue effected the older model PS3s. The Slim models had no issue. The majority of 80g models had no issue. You were able to use the internet connection for everything minus logging into PSN. You could browse the web. You could use Facebook. You could use Netflix. You were unable to play games that had auto-sync of trophies. Some PS3 games don't have trophies and were uneffected. Some games have trophies but do not sync them automatically, and were therefore uneffected. You guys were talking about it in an entirely misleading light.

Posted: March 5, 2010 9:08 AM
    BiggC
  • CycoMiko138

It seems pretty funny that you guys laugh at the idea of this event being timed to steal Battlefield: Bad Company 2's thunder, but that does seem to be exactly what's happening. There's ten times more coverage of this story on G4 (and everywhere else) on BC2's release week, to the extent where the only mention of the game on Feedback is in relation to conspiracy rumors. Now, I don't think that IW had anything to do with this, but I wouldn't put those kind of tactics past Activision at all. I understand that this is a big story, but I do hope to hear more about BC2 in next week's Feedback since it is an amazing game that deserves some of the spotlight.

Posted: March 4, 2010 9:44 PM
    CycoMiko138
  • itsAsatchel

i like the earthquakes shirt sterling has

Posted: March 4, 2010 7:07 PM
    itsAsatchel
  • RTR

I say that the main reason Metroid is looking so "bizarre" is that it's a third-party working with a first-party with this game, which is a first for the franchise. Personally, I love Metroid and the original Prime is one of my favorite games of all time. Just because Other M is gonna have a different style doesn't mean it should immediately be discarded as something bad. I personally had no problem with Samus' monologue (so far her only form of speaking). I actually liked her voice. Say what you will about melodrama, but I think it works of it means that Nintendo and Team Ninja want to flesh out Samus a lot more as a character. I think it's still too early to tell just what is the whole idea going on behind this game and just how the story will be developed. I just hope that people can be more tolerant on everything we0ve seen so far and don't start talking snobby purists.
    Besides, it could be worse. Team Ninja could've featured a trailer with Samus in a bikini or in the shower. Out of all the women in videogames, Samus, while undeniably superhot, has always been the least sexually exploitable to me. That's the kind of fan service that while I'll appreciate, I'll still be asking myself "Was that REALLY necessary?"

Posted: March 4, 2010 5:55 PM
    RTR
  • Str84WarD

Can we have the review for God of War 3 yet? C'mon youw gave us Kilzone2's review a month before it's release

Posted: March 4, 2010 5:35 PM
    Str84WarD
  • paulthebest

Maybe Vince Zampella and Jason West should enter that independent games competition that Bobby Kotick announced at DICE...

Posted: March 4, 2010 5:24 PM
    paulthebest
  • BAKER_SB

ABBIE'S EYES ARE FRIIKIN GORGEOUS!!

Posted: March 4, 2010 4:50 PM