Final Fantasy XIII Battle System Preview

Posted: February 26, 2010
Final Fantasy XIII Battle System Preview
Yuji Abe, Battle Director for Final Fantasy XIII, explains how different combat systems work including the Active Battle System, the Paradigm System and Summon System in this X-Play preview of Final Fantasy XIII.

• deleted_9B869BAC-CF99-4FD5-9030-7471A59374BE

Hi, Here's how to get yourself a free PS3, iPod, wii or even cash!. Just go to - urfreegiftscom It's FREE and has been� researched by the BBC to be absolutely genuine. Simply� go to the site and select the gift you would like or� cash if you prefer. For full info and proof its real� just go to urfreegiftscom

Posted: March 22, 2010 12:49 AM
    deleted_9B869BAC-CF99-4FD5-9030-7471A59374BE
  • buniqueblader

i own the game. one word. amazing!

Posted: March 10, 2010 11:08 PM
    buniqueblader
  • greendogg55

This game looks pristine, final fantasy never lets anyone down!

Posted: March 5, 2010 2:08 PM
    greendogg55
  • Marcus202

Looks like they have finally "dumbed down" this franchise to the point of retardation. I see no elements in this game that remind of the FF greats, eidolons are now transformers?, no open world environment?, no items or healing in-between battles?, no airship that I can manually fly myself around an entire world?

All we get are seamless battles with lots of "numbers" flashing on our screen? If I wanted to play a game like that I would play a hack n slash.

Posted: March 4, 2010 12:10 PM
    Marcus202
  • Hedagui

That was a lousy explanation of why they removed the task of replenishing your life after a battle. It seems that the game looses it's sense of adventure. In past games a player would get thrown into battles with little to no assurance that they coming out of it with all characters standing. Those were risk worth taking, because the victory of making a journey through one of the toughest lands felt great. To me, I never wanted to see my characters go down in battle. I spent too much time on them for that, and so I took care of them with potions, magic, etc... But, now the game does it for me?... I swear there are too many lazy gamers out there, and these companies are catering to their needs.

Posted: March 2, 2010 10:16 AM
    Hedagui
  • DarthHerter

i won't be getting this game for the simple fact that its not the traditional final fantasy game. with all its downfalls, the one that really gets me is the fact that no matter how many reserve characters you have in your party, if the main three die in battle you can't swap them out. its an instant game over. me i'm going to get resonance of fate. this is not a final fantasy game. its a jrpg with the final fantasy name tacted on.

Posted: March 2, 2010 7:46 AM
    DarthHerter
  • clos22

Can't wait! from what i see from this final fantasy, it won't disappoint. The battle system looks awesome! we'll see how it goes march 9...

Posted: March 2, 2010 4:22 AM
    clos22
  • DarknellStealth

@GatsuBlackSword
    The only thing Canada is good for (besides hockey) its BACON!!!

Posted: March 1, 2010 12:53 PM
    DarknellStealth
  • DarknellStealth

looks good!! I can't wait to get this for my Xbox360!!!

Posted: March 1, 2010 12:39 PM
    DarknellStealth
  • silent_jedi

just hoping its better than FFXII, I know I am prolly gonna get flamed here, but I could not stand that main character, and I did not like the fact you could just set up macros for battle and not even need to play, just let the comp do it. This one does look a lot better and much more fun.

Posted: March 1, 2010 12:12 PM
  • SirValor1177

I have never played a FF game, but I will play this one.

Posted: March 1, 2010 11:59 AM
    SirValor1177
  • BONERJAM

I just can't get myself excited about this game. The last FF I played was FF10 and since then I've grown tired of that type of RPG.

Posted: March 1, 2010 11:46 AM
    BONERJAM
  • ballsinacan

glad square is thinking out side the box get it,,,,battle system looks awesome and cant wait march 9th yes!!!!!!! yes i do an xbox so i hope for the ps3 owners the fix is software and not hardware......I've always loved every final fantasy

Posted: March 1, 2010 11:32 AM
    ballsinacan
  • Echo5585

@nvserg
    no you aren't, Final Fantasy is really an acquired taste wrapped in blind rabid fanboyism

Posted: March 1, 2010 11:16 AM
    Echo5585
  • nvserg

i think im the only guy thats not feelin this game, no interest at all...

Posted: March 1, 2010 10:49 AM
    nvserg
  • fatman2008

Don't worry people the PS3 will be fixed by then, its just an internal clock error. Sony came out and said that on their official blog, its fixable via update

Posted: March 1, 2010 10:35 AM
    fatman2008
  • Tommytsunami

I have been waiting for this game since it was announced! I really hope they fix the ps3 bug by then because it will be hard to concentrate when I have the game, but couldnt play it.

Posted: March 1, 2010 10:34 AM
    Tommytsunami
  • myMaddness

Me want some of that. Hopefully I can use my PS3 fat by then.

Posted: March 1, 2010 10:31 AM
    myMaddness
  • GatsuBlackSword

That Battle System Looks Really Awesome! But It's Not As Good As The Battle System CANADA Used To BEAT The US Hockey Team Last Night!!! HEY! HO! GO! CANADA! GOOOO!!!!!!

Posted: March 1, 2010 10:29 AM
    GatsuBlackSword
  • Vesipham

Whoa, whoa, a red PS3 controller? I want one.

Posted: March 1, 2010 10:18 AM