DICE 2010: Looking For Growth In All The Wrong Places

Posted: February 20, 2010
DICE 2010: Looking For Growth In All The Wrong Places
Yuen's DICE 2010 presentation, "Looking For Growth In All The Wrong Places," aims to explore how these quickly growing markets can best be served by the gathered gaming cognoscenti at the DICE summit.

• JingJang

I should've watched this sooner. I love that last quote at the end. I actually have a framed poster of that quote with a picture of albert einstein sticking his tongue out. I think i just might have to go out and buy a zeebo now.

Posted: March 7, 2010 8:11 PM
    JingJang
  • Ares42

While their idea for a business is good, it's such a different industry/market that it's sorta hard to say it's a new way to look at growth. I guess you could compare it to movie and TV production, while they're basically making the same product, they are still so different that we separate them as two different industries. I just find it hard to imagine a single company seeing any benefit in operating in both markets.

Posted: February 23, 2010 2:47 PM
    Ares42
  • IamtheBat

I hope this can help employ out of work American developers.

Posted: February 22, 2010 8:57 PM
    IamtheBat
  • Dirtyj78

smart move for sure, just hope it lasts for him.

Posted: February 22, 2010 9:24 AM
    Dirtyj78
  • BooMorpheus

Who else here had to tune up their volume to hear him speak clearly and then had the shock of their lives when the video cut happened around 0.48?

Posted: February 22, 2010 6:42 AM
    BooMorpheus
  • yagamilighto

This guy is a genius. Very nice presentation, i was intrigued throughout the whole thing. He had a very nice prespective on things and i believe that TAKING smaller independent titles to 3rd world regions such as Mexico would be beneficial for both the industry and the players in those regions. Why focus only on the big AAA title? this guy is definately on to something. I think i've now grown and harboured a love for dice and all it's genius minds gathered in one place to talk about my one true love(VIDEO GAMES).

Posted: February 21, 2010 12:58 PM
    yagamilighto
  • A-Bittersweet-Life

He is right on the money! The video game industry has been digging their revenues on developed countries that a vast amount of other mines are being overlooked. Independent developers could very well benefit on this business motto.

Posted: February 21, 2010 10:09 AM