DICE 2010 Video: EEDAR's "Forces at Play" Presentation

Posted: February 19, 2010
DICE 2010 Video: EEDAR's "Forces at Play" Presentation
Are you fanboy of game industry numbers? Check out EEDAR at DICE 2010 as they spill the beans on what data matters across the spectrum of the industry and it's sales.

• luketheflug

Why is this video soooo quiet?!?!

Posted: March 7, 2010 5:47 PM
    luketheflug
  • HappyNoodleBoy42

This had all the trappings of an awesome presentation and then I realized at about 3:10 when Geoffry points at the screen that there is no hope of this video showing me the slides... that's seriously important when the topic is freakin' STATISTICS!!!!

I rarely have complaints about G4 camera men, in fact I find them to always be on the ball and presenting something of a commentary on the proceedings with how they film it.... just watch any feedback and you can tell that they are funny dudes who are paying strict attention to what's being said.

Which leads me to believe that the event was not filmed by G4 cameramen.

Anyhoo, if someone would like to get the slides from these guys, or see if it's online somewhere... well that would make this about 1000X more watchable... listening to people talk about images that are just outside of the shot is probably the most frustrating thing in the world. Or to put it another way:

Having no change for a parking meter:
    #############

Stubbing your toe:
    #####################

PS3 8001050F error:
    ############################ #####

Not seeing these images:
    ############################ ############################## ##

#=a unit of frustration...

Posted: March 2, 2010 9:04 PM
    HappyNoodleBoy42
  • Lucifer6972

I don't know what it means going forwars because quite honestly, Nintendo is always in the top 20 when it comes selling their games, according to NPD.

Put it this way. They account for nearly half of all sales, the best sales every month, including the DS, and Wii. If that ain't impressive for you, then I don't know what is then.

I will say we have to wait and see with the motion controls of the PS3 and 360, how much of an impact it will have. If that has an impact, then we can talk about moving forward and if it doesn't, then have the PS3 and 360 duke it out while Nintendo is looking at you morons and laugh.

(For some reason, Nintendo does owe me their soul...)

Posted: February 22, 2010 9:31 AM
    Lucifer6972
  • NekoHime7

The man the left side (Greg Short) is from Australia, living in the States now. And no, he's not having an identity crisis. :)

The graphs and charts might go up later I heard - not sure if it happens soon enough though. :)

Posted: February 21, 2010 3:48 PM
    NekoHime7
  • A-Bittersweet-Life

The man on the left side of the stage is clearly from New England region, either that or he has a serious case of identity crisis. Anyways, I didn't bother watching the whole presentation as it relied heavily on graphs which were not shot.

Posted: February 21, 2010 10:29 AM
    A-Bittersweet-Life
  • magic1264

Ya seriously, how am I supposed to get a real understanding of the presentation if I can't see the numbers they are constantly presenting as evidence of their arguments?

Posted: February 20, 2010 5:38 AM
    magic1264
  • bmben

The camera person on this vid is asleep at the wheel. Why doesn't he show the slides?

Posted: February 19, 2010 11:09 PM
    bmben
  • giveadogaboner

he goes from an american to british accent?

Posted: February 19, 2010 7:24 PM
    giveadogaboner
  • alphabet1

Why do I find the economics of gaming so fascinating?

http://gamerbabel.blogspot.c om