DICE 2010: "In the Wake of Alan" Presentation

Posted: February 19, 2010
DICE 2010: "In the Wake of Alan" Presentation
Remedy Entertainment President Matias Myllyrinne discusses the method to the madness that is the long-haul developmental process of the long-awaited, psychological action thriller, Alan Wake.

Games in this Video:

Alan Wake (Xbox 360)

• elite_hoster

I find this engaging most who do not relate or correlated to this is understandable they should make stuff like this for collectors editions not just comic stuff, because gaming is investment as blind sighted as it is to be we all are investing in games we love but are not realising the brains behind it, i research the company and if it passes on management then great but ill always show lenience to them for being ambitious.. Games are like shares you buy 1 game that's 1000 shares and it helps the company grow but more it grows creative aspirations can diminish or leave..resulting in money making franchise we all know pre/post/productions can altar in any form or fashion. I think remedy has strong brand and they strive for passion most games that are made from scratch may it be the priority engine, we must understanding) investing passion and growth is the success the company and (DQ) demands and quantity are usually driving force behind company's 12 years in the industry while private companies work on (DQ) demands on quality) for it too succeed this how ever is great way to make a flag ship how ever consumersism is so competitive it's like bringing water instead wine to table as mentioned in video.... water quantity infinite while wine rich and sweet but made with passion and time.... that's best Best luck remedy..

Posted: February 24, 2010 2:11 AM
    elite_hoster
  • hypra

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

Posted: February 23, 2010 3:07 PM
    hypra
  • teraMEL0S

Matias, that was an awesome presentation. I know you and the rest of Remedy have endured the long haul on this one and I can sense the success. You make me so excited for the creation of games, that I'm losing focus here: Alan Wake. Thank you in advanced for making my May this much more awesome. It'll be the best post-school "remedy" ever!

Posted: February 21, 2010 1:33 AM
    teraMEL0S
  • Anik-28-Wrath

Effing beep was very unnecessary.

Posted: February 20, 2010 5:54 PM
  • Cathartic Denoument

Hey guys [Andrew Pfister/Joe Lynch/Stephen Johnson/Video Editor];

You probably already knew, but there's this weird video disturbance at the 3:23-3:24 mark.

The volume of the video was somewhat low, so I had to turn up the volume, and when I got to that mark, there was a very loud noise accompanied by some..green scratches..on the video, which scared the crap out of both me, and barley12 (the noise, not the green scratches).

Just thought you guys should know (in case you wanted to fix it).
    Thanks!

----------

On topic, I can't wait to see how Alan Wake pans out once it nears it's release date.
    There are hardly any horror/thriller games out there, let alone ones with such high quality, and this looks like it could be one of those games that could do really well.
    I hope they release a demo for this game, 'cause I really want to check out how this game plays.

Accolades to Remedy for all their hard work, especially going through so much creative difficulties & endeavors.
    Your baby is finally ready to see the world. =)
    [Only 1 more trimester to go; LoL]

Posted: February 20, 2010 5:13 PM
    Cathartic+Denoument
  • A-Bittersweet-Life

I'm glad they stripped away the sandbox, otherwise that thrill would have come to fruition.

Posted: February 20, 2010 1:24 PM
    A-Bittersweet-Life
  • barley12

Did anyone get that beep near the beginning where the screen went fuzzy for a sec. I had my speakers all the way up and that scared the crap out of me. Hahah.

Can't wait for Alan Wake too! This guys built a very strong company and I really hope they see a nice amount of sales for their game.

Posted: February 20, 2010 7:36 AM
    barley12
  • tragedy93

I tried to leave a post saying how happy I am to see this game about to come out (finally) and the profanity filter blocked me. I think there must have been a glitch because not only did I not use foul language, but I didn't even say anything inflamatory (for once)

Posted: February 20, 2010 6:53 AM
    tragedy93
  • Spybreak

I have to say I got really into FEAR but granted that was mainly a shooter. This game has had my interest for a while and it was cool to watch that thx.

Posted: February 20, 2010 1:02 AM
    Spybreak
  • thebeas

i cant wait to play this game.

Posted: February 19, 2010 9:21 PM
    thebeas
  • TitanWolf

It's like playing a Stephen King Novel, or a Richard Bachman(wink wink).

Posted: February 19, 2010 6:26 PM
    TitanWolf
  • Timcago

I agree with Red that the cameraman should have zoomed out to show the slides and videos, but as for letting the product speak for your company... well you have to remember that this conference is a business conference, so talking about your business model is just as relevant as showing off your game.

I found it interesting how they hire people who have a primary background outside of gaming that can be incorporated into the game design to make it more real (like hiring a geographer to do the landscaping).

Posted: February 19, 2010 2:26 PM
    Timcago
  • RedObsidion

i hearing a lot of talking about the company and not a lot of talking about the property. Let your product speak for your company.

Posted: February 19, 2010 12:26 PM
    RedObsidion
  • mawfu

I'm glad to see this come out. I remember watching the first trailers around the same time as the Heavy Rain concept trailer was shown at E3 in what 05? Thank you G4 for sharing this.

Posted: February 19, 2010 12:13 PM
    mawfu
  • theboxelder

I love remendy and Alan Wake is looking fantastically compelling. Can't wait for this game.

Posted: February 19, 2010 11:54 AM
    theboxelder
  • spicypooptastic

Finnish people are good at speaking english

Posted: February 19, 2010 11:37 AM