DICE 2010: Bobby Kotick's "Creative Talent" Presentation

Posted: February 18, 2010
DICE 2010: Bobby Kotick's "Creative Talent" Presentation
Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick takes the DICE 2010 stage to explain a bit of his often "mis-quotes" and more in this Creative Talent Presentation.

• PrometheanArsonist

Much respect for this man.

Posted: May 5, 2010 10:07 PM
    PrometheanArsonist
  • dsa0224x

his words or actions do little to impress me. his so called creative talent just created one of the biggest legal battles in video game history. i remember the Team ninja incident back 2 years ago when Itagaki was not able to get the same stuff that Zampalla/West and crew deserve. gaming back in the day was about fun and art, now its release a sequel that is just as stale as bread. just plain said

Posted: April 30, 2010 4:14 PM
    dsa0224x
  • Fulldemon0716

Its like a bad bond villain before he makes a move for world domination "007: Killstreak"

Posted: March 4, 2010 8:44 AM
  • Giovanni117

OH the Irony 22:15 - 22:50
    See - http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/t ag/7820/ Fall-of-Duty.html

Posted: March 3, 2010 12:09 AM
    Giovanni117
  • A-Bittersweet-Life

Did any of you guys heard the news about Jack Thompson's letter to a senator in response to Kotick's presentation. The freakin' troll ends his letter: "This admission flies in the face of video game industry spokespersons' false, sometimes perjured assertions, that video games do not affect the behavior of minors. Here is a full-grown adult (at least in chronological terms) admitting just the opposite." It was a response to regarding Kotick's certain personality that makes him addicted to playing games which he freely expressed during the presentation. Clearly, this troll of a Jack Thompson is in desperate times. BTW, I didn't watch the video 'cuz I don't wanna waste my time.

Posted: February 21, 2010 4:34 PM
    A-Bittersweet-Life
  • BoydofZINJ

He does not care for your words, your thoughts, he does not care if he even understands his own games, he does care if you buy his games.

Posted: February 21, 2010 11:29 AM
    BoydofZINJ
  • ghetto2u

personally this was all image control and it failed. all he talks about is himself not what activision will be doing to innovate gaming just line its pockets. the reason you should take his past comments into consideration is because that is how he really feels and his true personality. okay the excuse of being a businessman will only take you but so far before it comes back to bite you (which i feel has long since past).

Posted: February 21, 2010 7:55 AM
    ghetto2u
  • mordi

I wonder who wrote the cards he was using????

Posted: February 20, 2010 10:56 PM
    mordi
  • FenrisianWarlord

Yeah I don't see why people act like this guy is a nazi....

Posted: February 20, 2010 7:31 PM
  • OneEyedJohnny

Bobby Kotick looks like a fat evil Ronald McDonald.

Posted: February 20, 2010 7:16 AM
    OneEyedJohnny
  • koto saku

Sounds pretty fishy to me. Hes picking his nose alot :)

Posted: February 19, 2010 4:01 PM
    koto+saku
  • dripgoss

i dont even think he should be too slammed for his past comments. i think he mentioned he was an art and developer guy - not some slick suit and tie guy writing professional speeches. then again this one was a bit boring - would have been cool around 10 - 15 minutes long

Posted: February 19, 2010 11:41 AM
    dripgoss
  • RandyMercer

You know when Kotick first came out, I picture James Cameron following behind him wacking him in the back of the head. But anyway I didn't come off as much as a dbag as before but still did, but I could agree with a few of his statements. One question still remains in my head, how much of that was sincere and how much was premeditated B.S.? Over all I kinda liked it.

Posted: February 19, 2010 11:26 AM
    RandyMercer
  • scorpian876

These C.E.O.'s do not care about what games are made ,they care about money.
    It is nice to be a C.E.O. that cares about a video game franchise.Greed makes you a douche
    bag that is uncaring.

Posted: February 19, 2010 10:30 AM
    scorpian876
  • Skolly

Why oh why does he need "notes" or "prompts" off a page (or screen or whatever he's looking at) to remember the memorable and turning points of his business life??
    Ill tell you why.
    He is a fibber, he is doing damage control on his already horrible public image. Bobby calls to task the greed of the industry?? Look in the mirror!!

Posted: February 19, 2010 9:24 AM
    Skolly
  • Apsalus07

ZzzzzZZzzZZZZzz

Posted: February 18, 2010 9:26 PM
    Apsalus07
  • DanRisen

I agree with iamedd in the sense of this speech being out of place. However i did really like the speech alot and i'm glad to see such a big company throwing out some money for new start-ups with the announcement of the competition.

Posted: February 18, 2010 8:47 PM
    DanRisen
  • iamedd

Am I the only one that feels that Kotick's presentation feels kind of out of place compared to the rest of the presentations today? All of the other presentations talk about things that affect the industry as a whole. Be it Naughty Dog's process for developing games, OnLive's new way of getting games to consumers, Jesse Schell's discussion about the importance of points/the psychology behind recent unexpected trends in gaming, or even the current legal battlefield when it comes to games. All of those actually relate fairly directly towards the industry by providing insight as to things developers can do differently to improve.

However Kotick's presentation, to me, seemed to be mainly about his personal history in the industry. Most of the time he kept refering to the financial aspects, which I understand are important to him being a buisnessman, but I don't think fit the overall idea behind DICE (Design, Innovate, Communicate, Entertain). While most of the other presentations were forward thinking, Kotick's seemed to be more about the past than anything. As mush as I respect the guy for what he has been able to accomplish I must say that in retrospect his presentation just felt really out of place and akward compared to the rest.

Posted: February 18, 2010 8:26 PM
    iamedd
  • Zer01

I would like to know how many people wrote the speech, as he looks to be reading an auto-Q, and as its the first time he has ever made any sense.

Posted: February 18, 2010 8:01 PM
    Zer01
  • justanothergamer300

OK this guy has earned my respect

Posted: February 18, 2010 7:30 PM