DICE 2010: Disney Interactive Media Group Presentation

Posted: February 18, 2010
DICE 2010: Disney Interactive Media Group Presentation
Join Academy of Art and Science President Joseph Olin as he welcomes Disney Interactive Media Group President Stephen Wadsworth to examine the state of the 18 month old developer it's future in gaming.

• Bi-PolarBear

I know omg a girl on the internet blah, blah, blah. But yeah me I love Bad @$$ female character in a game I'm tired of alot of girls in games being nothing but bimbos in a game waiting for some plumber to save them =/

Posted: August 27, 2010 4:14 PM
    Bi-PolarBear
  • namons

Love how they recorded it at 16:9 and didn't put up a "HD" version, just a SD version crammed into a 4:3 window. Even when maximized, it's an artifical thing on my widescreen monitor.

Posted: February 19, 2010 7:17 PM
    namons
  • cheezitmonster

sorry about my first comment I was just grumpy at the time

Posted: February 19, 2010 2:30 PM
    cheezitmonster
  • XwingVmanX

At about 16:00 is it just me or did he call the PS3's motion controller "Gem". Did I miss an announcement or something?

Posted: February 19, 2010 1:48 PM
    XwingVmanX
  • doctheory

I think he did a great job, especially addressing the changing consumer.
    True, to my knowledge they haven't put out a lot of high caliber console games, (honestly haven't played any of their movie themed games of late), but to say they should stop building from their movie franchises is foolish. That's how they get the young kids to play, they watch the movie & naturally want to then play the game. Plus Disney Characters are perfect for video games.

Even I was a huge fan the NES mickey game when I was a kid, and I was still playing other games like Contra, Double-Dribble, TMNT, & Ice Hockey, when I was playing that, so they did something right there.

Posted: February 19, 2010 8:36 AM
    doctheory
  • cheezitmonster

I think that instead of relying on movie franchises and Disney properties for game Ideas they should, I don't know, make real games. If you have seen their games from the last 20 years, its been mostly shovel-ware and crappy movie tie ins. the only really good games they have made this decade has been the kingdom hearts series. And the guy keeps on talking about their "MMO's" none of them (except for toon-town) is actually that impressive. And the way that he describes kids is the exact reason why many countries don't like america. also in the beginning when he was talking about the consumer's perspective he was completely out of touch with the core gamer. Also he looks like a rapist

Posted: February 18, 2010 10:09 PM
    cheezitmonster
  • Onikinou

Great presentation even if I am not in the Disney demographic. I think little kids should be playing real games like CoD:MW

Posted: February 18, 2010 3:29 PM
    Onikinou
  • adamistheman

I thought he had some good points about the games industry as a whole

Posted: February 18, 2010 1:58 PM
    adamistheman
  • Thoreauvian

A news story without political opinion. Congrats Stephen!

Posted: February 18, 2010 1:18 PM
    Thoreauvian
  • VizardKon85

I'm the first! yeah. I don't know why I'm watching this I was just looking for Epic Mickey. That's the only thing here that was good.But it's only on Wii you guys suck!

Posted: February 18, 2010 12:47 PM