Fable III X10 Developer Diary

Posted: February 12, 2010
Fable III X10 Developer Diary
Lionhead Studios unveils the first look into the production of Fable III at Microsoft's X10 event.

Games in this Video:

Fable 3 (Xbox 360)

• jackjack132

Yea, yea, Fable 1 was great, but Fable 2 seriously lacked a good story with various and entertaining side quests and a challenging experience. Fable 2 was literally a stroll in the park as anyone and their grandmother could sprint through the game in less than 5 hours without a thing to stop me. The combat needs to improve and the powers need an upgrade, maybe a skill tree to make it unique, but i wouldnt hold my breath. I pray that they fix these issues and make it a challenging and entertaining experience with bigger boss battles and a more interactive story than Fable 2 or else this 'advancement' into the series will divebomb the fans of fable's spirits fast, really f*ing fast.

Posted: February 20, 2010 6:28 PM
    jackjack132
  • Aerindel_Prime

I'm glad I know better than to buy this. Fable II taught my a valuable lesson, never ever buy another fable game, no matter how much Adam likes it.

Posted: February 14, 2010 8:12 PM
    Aerindel_Prime
  • jxsilicon9

I hope they finally have that open environment like Fallout 3.

Posted: February 14, 2010 12:12 PM
    jxsilicon9
  • rhuzyo

i hope they lower the poly count and simplify the animations of characters so when you chill in town the fps doesnt drop to 4 when theres more then 10 people on screen and make it up like cod 4 did from cod 3 where they lowered the poly count but had better textures

Posted: February 14, 2010 8:54 AM
    rhuzyo
  • anTHONY_RiS3

i had the first one for regular xbox and it was good and fabel 2 was alot better, the thing i didnt like was the fact that wen something was lost it was lost for good. i would like for them to let u kno wat would happn ahead of tym b4 you make a decision to futher the main story line, and please make more interesting side stories

Posted: February 14, 2010 8:50 AM
    anTHONY_RiS3
  • NJ_Stavi

Fable III FTW!

Posted: February 13, 2010 10:06 PM
    NJ_Stavi
  • origamibattleshark

I hope they fix the will powers they decimated in the 2nd one

Posted: February 13, 2010 9:26 PM
  • Christ0bell

i dont know if any of you guys remember what fable 1 was ...supposed to be like....big open expansive levels...literally GTA in a huge ancient world. it never happened...i hope they actually do it this time. It sounds like they are still gonna have exp in the form of followers...whether theyre a murderous bandits or a bunch of do gooder knights..ultimately reflecting on the state of the kingdom and your actions.

another thing they should add.....why the hell didnt we have shields in fable 2. deflect a gun shot to hit an enemy? why not! put some horses in there and actual trading caravan with carts n horses and il be happy.....so simple yet they never do it!!

weapon morphing? why not.

Posted: February 13, 2010 7:33 AM
    Christ0bell
  • Rauk_on

I like what I'm seeing and since I have been a big fan of the series and probably going to buy this one when it releases later this year. There is just something about the style and setting of these games that I really dig.

Posted: February 12, 2010 5:24 PM
    Rauk_on
  • Pyrrhus

It never works? nice freudian slip

Posted: February 12, 2010 5:06 PM
    Pyrrhus
  • BlackLable69

I'm very eager to play this game, but please tell me you fixed the major glitch problems. The worst of them was your wife disappearing but her shadow remaining. You couldn't interact with her but could hear her & your child would only stand there looking at her shadow without ever leaving. Ok yes I'll admit it, I had the undead wife in Fable 2 but it was an accident see. I couldn't leave the house fast enough & so my buddy shed tears & it was too late, it was love at first sight. My newborn had no one to breast feed it & was left in limbo :-(

Posted: February 12, 2010 3:40 PM
    BlackLable69
  • 640509040147

I hope we're able to fly with the wings.

Posted: February 12, 2010 3:14 PM
    640509040147
  • Adampro123

I've always been overly hyped yet never disappointed when it comes to anything fable related i though part 2 was amazing and same for part 1 and lost chapters.

only thing i didn't think was GREAT was the knothold DLC. but i loved the see the future DLC.

Posted: February 12, 2010 2:21 PM
    Adampro123
  • DreamingDarklyRobin

I can wait to get my hopes up and be ultimately disappointed. How do you do it Peter?

Posted: February 12, 2010 1:08 PM
    DreamingDarklyRobin
  • Chimp91

I am actually really excited for the morphing weapons, if they can pull it off properly. I am wondering when you do sell your weapon online, if it sells a copy of it or the actual thing?

Posted: February 12, 2010 11:18 AM
    Chimp91
  • TheSledBaron

Look a bit more like an expansion pack than a full blown sequel, especially given the jump from Fable I to Fable II. Can Natal snap shots of your face? Molyneux was saying something about really "being" your character in an rpg, maybe there is some kind of face recognition or your face will actually be on your character? I might just be reading too much into it though.

Posted: February 12, 2010 10:55 AM
    TheSledBaron
  • kayderek18

OH my, I want to see how they mess this up. I dont they can. I really hope it is as good as it looks cuz damn, that is probably the best backstab I've ever seen.

Posted: February 12, 2010 10:39 AM
    kayderek18
  • deathnotejoe

the fighting in fable 1 was great but i didnt like it nearly as much in fable 2. hopefully they changed it and made it much better. it was just repetitive and you couldnt combine magic attacks with each other for deadly combinations.

Posted: February 12, 2010 10:22 AM
    deathnotejoe
  • IBloodstormI

hmmmm, still not pissed off. When am I suposed to be pissed?

I'm actually enjoying everything I am seeing. Looks like they really are improving things

Posted: February 12, 2010 10:20 AM