Battle.Net Developer Preview Video

Posted: February 11, 2010
Battle.Net Developer Preview Video
Battle.Net Project Director Greg Canessa previews all the upcoming, new features in Blizzard Entertainment's online gaming service.

• Thogin

I think he is specifically talking about steam....

Steam is not that hard to beat my friend.... i wouldn't use it if I didn't have too but you know I have too since i have so many G-Damn Value games, I don't see how much more integrated than that system is compare to steams I mean I have to Tab-shift to go out, but still I would tell my friends not In game to leave me the hell lone until I beat this level... not like ooo I am having a friendly chat with someone while i am playing a game, I don't think most gamers will do that.

But cool whatever, I will bite when your D3 comes out since i would have to use it anyways...
    Ya... more programs running in the background of my computer...

Posted: August 28, 2010 12:16 AM
    Thogin
  • Darkborn

As long as it's going to be free...I'll be happy.

I am NOT paying for Battle.net. I've been playing on Battle.net for years, and if they decide to pull a subscription fee out on it. I'll be very sad.

I'll pay though..It's Blizzard, and I love them.

Posted: February 12, 2010 5:54 PM
    Darkborn
  • BoydofZINJ

I have a feeling Starcraft 2 will be a big hit, but not as great of a hit as 1. Why? Dawn of War 1 was just an average RTS with some odd quirks to it. DOW 2, really changed how people played RTS and I think it was a good change. The original Red Alerts and Command and Conquers and Starcraft games are known for their base building and their micro versus macros. C&C4 is throwing away their base building for the most part and is making a change in how they do RTS. However, ultimately speaking, what is Starcraft 2 doing that is... revolutionary? New units, new graphics, a new Battle.net.... however, what revolutionary change or idea does StarCraft 2 have?

C&C 4 wants to change their formula and allot of the community is up in arms, or were. It comes out soon, so we will see if the change is better than the classic building and unit zerging that we are all used to in a typical RTS game.

Posted: February 11, 2010 8:56 PM
    BoydofZINJ
  • Cathartic Denoument

Can't wait for SC2 to get here, so I can finally pull my friends out of WoW.

Posted: February 11, 2010 3:01 PM
    Cathartic+Denoument
  • jazBuddha

I like a lot of the general ideas being offered here BUT (and this is a big but) I don't give a poop about acheivements. If i feel the need to brag about defeating you without losing any structures or whatever I'll brag about it, but I don't need to "extend my gameing penis" (as one british review described it) to feel good about myself. I really Hope Blizzard doesn't jump on the bandwagon with this one.

Posted: February 11, 2010 2:56 PM
    jazBuddha
  • Jdawg2k

Blizzard has never failed. SC2 and battle.net will be nothing short of gaming awesomeness.

Posted: February 11, 2010 1:38 PM
    Jdawg2k
  • Thufir85

So...Blizzard wants battle.net to become steam, but only for their games.

Posted: February 11, 2010 12:56 PM
    Thufir85
  • Apsalus07

Yeah I was just thinking that SCII is not going to be your regular RTS game because of the excellent mod support Blizzard is planning.

So instead of just the regular old gameplay we've come to love and expect, you'll also have different game modes such as: Defense of the Ancients, Tower Defense, and dare I say it... DAWN OF WAR EQUIVALENT MOD!?!?!

They might call it "building-free mode" or something else different-sounding but we'll all know what it means. So buying SCII is like buying every RTS game ever...? And they'd all have Blizzard-like quality? Wow that would be AWESOME.

I think I need to lay down for a second. [Faints.]

Posted: February 11, 2010 12:07 PM