Feedback -- BioShock 2 Edition, With A Little Mass Effect 2

Posted: February 10, 2010
Feedback -- BioShock 2 Edition, With A Little Mass Effect 2
Adam Sessler, Abbie Heppe, Jake Gaskill and Patrick Klepek gather to discuss one of the year's biggest releases (already!), BioShock 2. We also take user questions and discuss the latest news of the week.

• mordi

hmm

Posted: September 21, 2010 6:54 PM
    mordi
  • Krogoth117

I stumbled on this show and love the intellectual commentary. It captures the whole gaming industry with the creative and financial aspects.
    Keep up the good work!

Posted: March 25, 2010 11:54 AM
    Krogoth117
  • dan122387

fallout new vegas come in my pants lol mass effect bioshock fallout 3 oblivion best games ever i played them all to much don't forget about oblivion they need to make the sequel soon lol

Posted: March 7, 2010 7:11 AM
    dan122387
  • dan122387

nightsnipe your gay whats the difference from 1 out of 5 or 1 through 10 a fours an eight if anything lol you want a nine lol

Posted: March 7, 2010 7:08 AM
    dan122387
  • dan122387

Honeslty please don't waste time to talk about something you don't even know is going to happy focus on what you know and whats already out there. props you guys are great and good mostly. just stop wasting time on far reaching crap you don't know about lol. miss red head was right your reading to much into that lol. otherwise love the show and good luck!

Posted: March 7, 2010 7:05 AM
    dan122387
  • Heretech-135

So - regardless of whether or not this new Mass Effect "content" is a new game or if it's just a "massive" dlc pack - do you think that Bioware would release the trilogy (plus, maybe, the dlc) along side the third game's release?

Posted: February 17, 2010 2:19 PM
    Heretech-135
  • babaganouche06

I love this show! You guys do a great job and I love the intelligent discussion. Keep up the good work!

Posted: February 17, 2010 11:39 AM
    babaganouche06
  • Kibosh

GAAP = generally accepted accounting principles

Posted: February 17, 2010 9:45 AM
    Kibosh
  • philosophersdoom

Great show , I love it G4.

Posted: February 17, 2010 1:23 AM
    philosophersdoom
  • Iceageofindifference

This show is addicting, hope the G4 superiors are thinking about putting this show on TV, maybe 1 day a week after Attack Of The Show & X Play maybe. Anyway just another great show(Idea) on the G4 network....

Posted: February 16, 2010 11:47 PM
    Iceageofindifference
  • mrsnowywaffle

Wow, so many thing came up that made me want to almost be there talking with you guys. Mass Effect 2, haven't played it, but from what I've heard its one great game. I can say I did play the first one and was a little off-put by some of the issues, which might be why I'm not playing the 2nd one. What I will say is that I find it interesting the sort of moral disambiguation in the game like you guys talked about. What comes to mind for me is the RPG of ALL RPG's, KOTOR. The moral system really made you think, even though there were clear-cut good-evil decisions, some of them really made you think, "Am I really gonna make this wookie kill this orphan alien-child?" Oh...yeah spoiler alert for anyone playing evil mode in a game from 2001. At the same time, there were a ton of decisions that were grey as to who you should save and who you shouldn't save, some of em revolving around chance, and I'd like to see that incorporated more into games such as Mass Effect and future RPGs, if not for the sense of realism in the choice-making system, at least for the variety it would create.

Speaking of morality, fallout new vegas might be a new shift on the grey wasteland. I played the crap out of the original fallout 3, and I gotta say I quit once I had beaten every quest only to find Dogmeat right before the last mission. All of the sudden, as if I had insulted their mothers, dropship out of freaking nowhere comes and kills dogmeat, the only thing that didnt want to kill me in that game. Portal's companion cube comes to mind...ah, how I wept. I was so mad, I sold the game right then and there. Hopefully new vegas wont be so relentless and a little more open in its story. Yeah, your dad's a good guy. But maybe a few more, pretty please? A little less brown is generally a good thing, in life and in video games.

Old school xbox live...who cares? If you want halo, play halo 3. Srsly guize. :/

Bioshock 2 was a great game, I'd have given it a 4/5 as well from an unbiased point of view, but I found the story so compelling that I would have given it a 5/5. So much lore from the first game can be uncovered just by finding all 115 (yes, I found them all) audio diaries. I had no idea that the pro(an?)tagonist in the game was actually ryan's son. (once again, spoiler for anyone caught in the past eternally). Not to mention the trials with Lamb and Ryan, ultimately leading to his insanity and abandonment of Rapture. Although one particular nugget that piqued my interest: as a big daddy, were you Elenore's real father, I mean after all, you were a real person at one point. Did you get lucky with lamb? If you were not her real father, simply her "big daddy" as assigned by Rapture's scientists, wouldn't Elanore been better off calling for her normal dad? It makes my head hurt thinking about it. Oh, and if I'm tracking you guys right, I think you were griping with the ending. I was sort of...unfulfilled. It was like a giant kick in the pants to me, all that work for essentially nothing. I would have much rather preferred Sinclare's goal of *Spoiler* rather than getting *Spoiler* right at the end.

Bad Company 2 will be the game to beat. Been playing the beta for 2 weeks now, stopped playing modern warfare 2 two months ago. The demo is better than some games that I have actually payed for to play multiplayer. (vis-a-vis, MAG, counter-strike) The level of balance is simply amazing, the attention to detail, superb. But simply that feeling of teamwork puts this one over the top, I will be greatly upset (but will still be buying it) if this game doesn't receive a 5/5. Then again, as a wise man once said: Is not the man entitled to the gameplay of his own opinion? NO says the man in Sony, it belongs to the reviewers. NO says the man in Microsoft, it belongs to the production staff. NO says the man in Nintendo, it belongs to the entire gameplay audience. I chose differently. I chose G4.

Posted: February 16, 2010 8:51 PM
    mrsnowywaffle
  • Dwarves

upload to itunes please!!

Posted: February 16, 2010 5:38 PM
    Dwarves
  • SPARTING0159

bioshock 2 is cool

Posted: February 16, 2010 11:17 AM
    SPARTING0159
  • nitsuj1295

I totally agree to the choice system in videogames. A good vs bad morality always has me pressured on which one will get me which thing in the end. I would very interested in a game such as Heavy Rain with scratch decisions. Great job, G4.

Posted: February 16, 2010 12:19 AM
  • Yasac

In my bioware playing history I went from mass effect one to dragon age to mass effect two. I enjoyed them all alot but Dragon Age really stood out for me because of its lack of good vs evil meter. I was hoping for the same in mass effect two. Its rather flipped for me, I would have been just fine with Dragon Age having its own meter, but in Mass effect 2 the good vs evil meter. Seems less appropriate.

Posted: February 15, 2010 4:24 PM
    Yasac
  • DanRisen

I've decided that with the release of the DICE videos i would start commenting and starting discussions on G4. I am super intrigued to hear more about the philosophy behind games from thier respective leaders in the industry. I absolutely love FEEDBACK and I always felt a little bit guilty when Adam would talk about needing more common sensed members that wouldn't crap on a review because it didn't sit well with them. Well here I am beginning my membership on G4 and I'm looking forward to joining the G4 community. Thanks very much guys keep up the great work and i hope you will see me around the message boards soon!

Posted: February 15, 2010 12:55 AM
    DanRisen
  • The Lonely Fox

Just wonderin why the new edition of Feedback is not on ITunes yet. While I no problem seein it here i'd also still like to have on the go also. Just wonderin

Posted: February 14, 2010 11:07 PM
    The+Lonely+Fox
  • Fauxqueue

Hi guys,

You have me hooked on the show. I copy from iTunes to my PS3 every week. But somehow this episode is not avail in iTunes. Can you please correct that?

Thanks

Posted: February 14, 2010 6:39 PM
    Fauxqueue
  • DarkSithMstr

You guys rock, I love this segment!

Posted: February 14, 2010 5:54 PM
    DarkSithMstr
  • JimMD102

I really loved that talk. Even the 2 page reviews don't feel like enough and this time I got 45 minutes I could listen to. I need to tune into more feedbacks... and play bioshock 2 so that I can have my own opinion.

Posted: February 14, 2010 2:31 PM