X-Play Recommends: New Downloadable Content

Posted: February 10, 2010
X-Play Recommends: New Downloadable Content
Morgan Webb recommends the best new DLC packs for some of your favorite games including Borderlands: Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot, Assassin's Creed II: Battle of Forli and Dragon Age: Origins: Return to Ostagar.

• Echo5585

what about it? its free doesn't add much to the game but everything free is good in my book

Posted: February 16, 2010 9:36 AM
    Echo5585
  • jedimasterchief9

What about the Mass Effect 2 DLC?

Posted: February 15, 2010 11:23 PM
    jedimasterchief9
  • Adampro123

I really want to get the borderlands DLC but the fact of the matter is i don't own the game i just barrow it from my cousin a lot. im hoping borderlands comes out with a game of the year edition withh all there DLC's coming with it sometime this year.

I've still yet to really play AC II but it does suck that there isn't any achievements in the DLC. but for 4 bucks i would still get it if i had the game. but seriously these people need to put them in there.

Posted: February 15, 2010 10:04 PM
    Adampro123
  • MrAnt117

No new achievements for the AC2 dlc? thats pretty weak

Posted: February 15, 2010 6:43 PM
    MrAnt117
  • Echo5585

i got it the day it came out and i didn't have any glitches nor did i hear about any so i would say your fine but honestly you should just stay away from that dlc unless you want to get frustrated.
    my point of view is from playing by yourself, and with one other person 30 levels below me, i never played with all 4 people so it might have been a bit different of an experience with a full crew

Posted: February 15, 2010 3:58 PM
    Echo5585
  • RickAstin

Im kind of happy that I don't have any point cards at the moment....I tend to be impulsive and I probably would buy all the DLC that is available to me...

thank goodness I know myself well enough to not put my credit cards online...

Posted: February 15, 2010 3:58 PM
    RickAstin
  • CptToushiro

i downloaded mad moxxi the day it was released but haven't played it since i heard about the glitch where you lose your class mods or it might freeze up on you in the later challenges.

Are those glitches still there?

Posted: February 15, 2010 3:48 PM
    CptToushiro
  • Tommytsunami

I actually enjoy the Mad Moxxi dlc but I think thats because me and my friends just wanted something extra to do. Sure it takes for ever to beat the larger challenges, hell it even takes a long time to finish the prove yourself mission, but its still a ton of fun when you have yourself and 3 friends playing. At least I think so...but if I were to have to pick between the two Borderlands dlc to recommend to someone, I would say go for Zombie Island.

Posted: February 15, 2010 3:12 PM
    Tommytsunami
  • Echo5585

i wouldn't recommend mad moxxis underdome riot to anyone. no one deserves to endure this kind of punishment. it is at least 15-20 hours of gameplay to get everything but thats only because it takes AT LEAST 3 hours to do each of the larger challenges. that counts in dying and having to go back a round and picking up stragglers on the bigger maps. each challenge has 20 rounds with 5 waves in each round, getting progressively harder, kind of like ODST's thing, just no where near as fun.
    i love borderlands as much as the next person but this dlc was some of the worst, time i've ever spent in a video game, and the only reason i did it was because im an achievement whore and i needed every achievement in borderlands or i wouldn't be happy. hopefully they will redeem themselves with the next dlc.

Posted: February 15, 2010 2:43 PM
    Echo5585
  • SkinnyJr

@patrick Klepek

Sorry, this isnt related but you wrote an article a while back about a website where people can trade their games with eachother...what was the name? Ive tried googling but there are so many similar sites.

Posted: February 15, 2010 1:51 PM
    SkinnyJr
  • Spinoza

I was about to say the same thing, I can't speak for the Assassins Creed 2 DLC since I haven't played it, But the Borderlands one and the DAOC one are both sub-par.

Posted: February 15, 2010 1:26 PM